Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 OTA'S/Minicamp/Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: All those clamoring for a John Abraham signing should brace themselves 4 disappointment. The $ Dwight Freeney got didn't help things #Titans”

Kind of figured that.
lamont

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@jwyattsports: All those clamoring for a John Abraham signing should brace themselves 4 disappointment. The $ Dwight Freeney got didn't help things #Titans”

Kind of figured that.

He is going to wait it out now and see if someone is injured in OTAs, mini camps or training camp. Someone will be desperate to sign him for a Freeney type deal. Idonije is the only option at this point if they chose to go the free agent DE route after the rookies are signed. After seeing Abraham's comments 2 weeks ago about wanting starter reps and his fake retirement on twitter I am glad Ruston is not paying him "freeney money".

On a side note and totally not Titan related, in hindsight I am glad that Bud was in love with signing FIVEhead last offseason and the Titans failed to sign Mario. Looking at the allegations coming out of his $700K engagement ring court case, there are some issues with that guy. Plus that would be a PR nightmare for the team at a critical point in the offseason if he were a Titan right now. Thanks Bud. Shocked Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
lamont

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCarthy is 80 percent healthy. States he will be 100% for TC. I know he is a Titania fav and all but ..... Rolling Eyes

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/05/22/mccarthy-about-80-percent-recovered/

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
lamont

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent deals breakdown.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/05/22/breaking-down-recent-contracts/
Quote:

Defensive tackle Antonio Johnson
Years: 1.
Total value: $850,000.
2013 base salary: $800,000.
Signing bonus: $50,000.

Linebacker Greg Jones
Years: 2.
Total value: $1.2 million.
2013 base: $555,000.
2014 base: $645,000.

Running back Alvester Alexander
Years: 2.
Total value: $900,000.
2013 base: $405,000.
2014 base: $495,000.

Note: The Titans currently have $6.633 million in salary cap room.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
McCarthy is 80 percent healthy. States he will be 100% for TC. I know he is a Titania fav and all but ..... Rolling Eyes

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013/05/22/mccarthy-about-80-percent-recovered/

I am one of those that really hoped they brought in a player that would push for that starting role.

I like McCarthy, but if he can't stay healthy and if he is only 80% now? I dunno. It seemed like forever ago when he was hurt and had surgery. Thought he'd be ready to go by now....

Dunno...
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

I am one of those that really hoped they brought in a player that would push for that starting role.

I like McCarthy, but if he can't stay healthy and if he is only 80% now? I dunno. It seemed like forever ago when he was hurt and had surgery. Thought he'd be ready to go by now....

Dunno...

We brought in Greg Jones as a backup for MLB, but don't know how well that will work out. He had a pretty nice college career in the Big 10 to say the least. But we're his 3rd team in three years in the pros. The last two years, he had season-ending injuries and was cut by the Giants and Jags. Hopefully he'll fit right into the scheme of things with us, should McCarthy go down again. Or maybe we might experiment with Zaviar Gooden at MLB.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

Dunno...

We brought in Greg Jones as a backup for MLB, but don't know how well that will work out. He had a pretty nice college career in the Big 10 to say the least. But we're his 3rd team in three years in the pros. The last two years, he had season-ending injuries and was cut by the Giants and Jags. Hopefully he'll fit right into the scheme of things with us, should McCarthy go down again. Or maybe we might experiment with Zaviar Gooden at MLB.

If I'm not mistaken didn't Ayers play some MLB at UCLA? If McCarthy goes down we might be able to try the trio of Brown, Ayers, and Gooden. That would be a whole lot of speed on the outside.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2013 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Delanie Walker
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

Dunno...

If I'm not mistaken didn't Ayers play some MLB at UCLA? If McCarthy goes down we might be able to try the trio of Brown, Ayers, and Gooden. That would be a whole lot of speed on the outside.

I'm not sure where they had him at UCLA. Based on the limited footage from his UCLA days, I know he was playing in the 3-4 and did a lot of blitzing. So I'm assuming he played the outside. I can't imagine them moving him to MLB in the 4-3 because we like to have him lineup as an edge rusher in passing situations.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Kind of figured that.
Wyatt has also been adamant that we wouldn't pursue a pass-rusher like Abraham all offseason. Wouldn't be surprised to see us miss out on him, but wouldn't in any way rule out the possibility of us signing him. Cap room at this point is unimportant simply because of the amount of money we can save by making a few simple and expected roster moves.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

I'd just like to say I love our roster right now. I'm sure homerism plays into this, but I struggle to see any big weaknesses. If Jake heals up and continues to develop, we could be good.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Guys,

I'd just like to say I love our roster right now. I'm sure homerism plays into this, but I struggle to see any big weaknesses. If Jake heals up and continues to develop, we could be good.

QB, MLB, FS and DT(beside Casey) are all pretty big weaknesses right now, I think.

Jake might turn the QB weakness in to a strength...but injuries could halt that.

I don't think McCarthy is that great outside of leadership when healthy to begin with, but when he's hurt he's useless to us..and he's hurt often.

Michael Griffin..is, well, Michael Griffin. Maybe now that he doesn't have to worry about tackling people so much he can play better than being arguably the worst FS in the league.

Hill could be solid beside Casey, time will have to tell though.
ironlion

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@glennonsports: T Matt Sewell, one of the #Titans two undrafted free agents from Canada, has been waived, w/ notation that he left the team. #tntitans”

Quote:
“@glennonsports: Sewell was 8th overall pick in the CFL draft last wk, so it's possible he may be gearing his efforts in that direction. #Titans #tntitans”

I'm glad Stephan Charles is still there. I coached him way up here in Canada a few years ago eh. Representing the oshawa hawkeyes to the fullest Smile
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
Guys,

QB, MLB, FS and DT(beside Casey) are all pretty big weaknesses right now, I think.

Jake might turn the QB weakness in to a strength...but injuries could halt that.

I don't think McCarthy is that great outside of leadership when healthy to begin with, but when he's hurt he's useless to us..and he's hurt often.

Michael Griffin..is, well, Michael Griffin. Maybe now that he doesn't have to worry about tackling people so much he can play better than being arguably the worst FS in the league.

Seriously? Dude has done nothing but make plays when healthy. Guy was an amazing play maker every time he was healthy.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Don't know that he was amazing, but above average for sure. We were just coming from the Barrett Ruud fiasco so anything was going to look amazing.

Regardless, an average player for 16 games > Amazing player for 3.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
Guys,

Seriously? Dude has done nothing but make plays when healthy. Guy was an amazing play maker every time he was healthy.

Amazing play maker? He's been generally awful in coverage, and while he could penetrate well in run defense, he too often misses the tackle. His best stretch of games were the first 3 games he had meaningful playing time. Since then? Meh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 7 of 62

Jump to: