Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA Quick Hits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: OTA Quick Hits Reply with quote

http://m.bengals.com/s/30838/newsDetails?itemPos=2&itemUri=924926674%2F71018715151495113610101215316

After playing last year at 230, Emmanuel Lemur is up to 242 and was on the field for nickle packages

Marvin Jones tweaked his calf. That guy is snake bit.

Harrison just lining up in base defense, will play more in nickle once adjusted

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burfit and Lamur are the LBs in the nickel package. I like it.

Orson Charles getting some snaps at FB. I think every fan wants to see this work out...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: OTA Quick Hits Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
http://m.bengals.com/s/30838/newsDetails?itemPos=2&itemUri=924926674%2F71018715151495113610101215316

After playing last year at 230, Emmanuel Lemur is up to 242 and was on the field for nickle packages

Didn't click the link, but from what I heard, I hope you mean Adam?
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: OTA Quick Hits Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Didn't click the link, but from what I heard, I hope you mean Adam?

Read it again and it just says Jones. Not very good writing when there are two guys named Jones in the previous sentance.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I took it to mean Adam as well.

Edit: Link http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/5/21/4353882/bengals-cb-adam-jones-apparently-tweaked-his-calf
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am intrigued to see what Lamur can do. He and Sanu are 2 guys that will likely be asked to step up quite a bit this year. Should be a fun camp thats for sure

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully Lamur can step up, we need more talent at LB. I really like they are experimenting with Charles at FB, i think he would add more talent to the position. I really dont think we carry a true FB this year with all the talent we have.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
hopefully Lamur can step up, we need more talent at LB. I really like they are experimenting with Charles at FB, i think he would add more talent to the position. I really dont think we carry a true FB this year with all the talent we have.

Exactly. With adding Eifert and having Gresham it doesn't hurt.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Burfict and Lamur are the LBs in the nickel package. I like it..

Wouldn't it be interesting if Rey, Joiner, DiManche or Campbell come through big in camp, we could have three undrafted guys starting @ LB !

So much for high draft picks .......
ark23

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFT wrote:
Bengals cornerback Leon Hall missed OTAs last season as he recovered from an Achilles injury and heís going to miss at least a portion of the teamís organized team activities again this year.

According to the report, Hall is expected back at some point during OTAs so this isnít nearly as serious an injury as the Achilles issue from last year.

Not good news, but it doesn't appear to be anything to worry about. I think we'll be ok at corner, as long as Dre (who isn't doing any drills until training camp) steps up. There's a lot of talent there.

If Lamur steps up I think a lot of our problems at LB can be solved.
CDub

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
PFT wrote:
Bengals cornerback Leon Hall missed OTAs last season as he recovered from an Achilles injury and heís going to miss at least a portion of the teamís organized team activities again this year.

According to the report, Hall is expected back at some point during OTAs so this isnít nearly as serious an injury as the Achilles issue from last year.

Not good news, but it doesn't appear to be anything to worry about. I think we'll be ok at corner, as long as Dre (who isn't doing any drills until training camp) steps up. There's a lot of talent there.

Yeah, definitely not happy to hear that about Leon regardless of how serious it sounds. Really hope Dre can be a impact player for us in the secondary though, we need it. Was really excited about him coming out of college.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDub wrote:
ark23 wrote:
PFT wrote:

Yeah, definitely not happy to hear that about Leon regardless of how serious it sounds. Really hope Dre can be a impact player for us in the secondary though, we need it. Was really excited about him coming out of college.

I don't wanna jynx it but i can already see a "Dre Kirkpatrick aggravates knee in Training Camp practice: out 3-4 weeks with swelling" over and over again.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
CDub

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
CDub wrote:
ark23 wrote:
PFT wrote:

I don't wanna jynx it but i can already see a "Dre Kirkpatrick aggravates knee in Training Camp practice: out 3-4 weeks with swelling" over and over again.

Sadly, I can see it too. He just needs to get on the field and prove all of us wrong. That's all we can really hope for. We definitely need him and if he can stay healthy he'll get every chance to succeed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: