Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top Free agents available for the Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Charles Woodson is willing to play for a contender, a non-contender, or pretty much anyone wp.me/p14QSB-8Nd2

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/09/charles-woodson-is-willing-to-join-a-rebuilding-effort/

Quote:
"When this process first started out, that was my thing, I needed to go to a contender,” Woodson said Thursday on NFL Network. “I know I am towards the end of my career. At this point, I want to play football. So if it is a rebuilding stage, at this point if that is the circumstances I have to play under, then that is what I am going to do.”

“It is kind of the process, but at the same time it is frustrating,” Woodson said. “You have guys that can flat out play football. You look at Dwight Freeney and what he is able to do. They had a system last year that is different than he is used to playing, but he can play football. John Abraham, he led his team in sacks and you say, ‘We don’t have a spot for you on our roster?’ I can’t understand that. Myself, I am just a ballplayer. I need to be on a team.”

The veterans are realizing that teams aren't as generous with the payroll.
I doubt that the Skins look at Woodson.

D. Hall is the Captain.
I doubt they add another.
And that is this secondaries main problem, it has been its main problem since 09 besides never drafting a FS high in the draft after Sean Taylor passed away that could help solidify that positon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. Hall can't make those sorry safeties talented.
He's a cornerback; not the Wizard of Oz.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
D. Hall can't make those sorry safeties talented.
He's a cornerback; not the Wizard of Oz.
point taken, but he could cover better himself. He has the talent to do so. Other cbs have had inconsistent safety play in the nfl and been better cbs than Hall and better leaders/set better example for our yougsters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Top FRee agents available for the Redskins Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.footballnation.com/content/the-top-25-best-available-nfl-free-agents/22682/?ref=email

Guys I'd be interested in for us for the right price if we can rework Rak and Trent Williams' deals to create cap space:

1. Karlos Dansby, ILB - age, price, and minor locker-room headache - pass
2. Eric Winston, RT - price and asking for a multiyear deal even post draft - pass
3. Josh Cribbs, KR/Wr - age, value isn't there for a 9th season returner - pass
4. Kerry Rhodes, FS - wait until minicamps are done to see if you need a vet safety - keep him on speed dial
5. Quinten Jammer, CB/FS - wait until minicamps are done (age is an issue (he's 34 in June)) - keep him on file
6. Richard Seymour, DE - talked about retiring unless gets paid (though reality might be setting in), coming off injury, but good player - keep him on speed dial
7. Charles Woodson, FS - go with Rhodes instead, possible bidding war starting between Denver, Oakland and Cleveland
8. Bradie James, ILB - no interest
9. Chris Kluwe, P - <<< target >>>
10. Thomas Howard, LB - recovering from ACL tear in September - keep on file
11. Corey Lynch, S - keep on file
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Top FRee agents available for the Redskins Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.footballnation.com/content/the-top-25-best-available-nfl-free-agents/22682/?ref=email

Guys I'd be interested in for us for the right price if we can rework Rak and Trent Williams' deals to create cap space:

1. Karlos Dansby, ILB - age, price, and minor locker-room headache - pass
2. Eric Winston, RT - price and asking for a multiyear deal even post draft - pass
3. Josh Cribbs, KR/Wr - age, value isn't there for a 9th season returner - pass
4. Kerry Rhodes, FS - wait until minicamps are done to see if you need a vet safety - keep him on speed dial
5. Quinten Jammer, CB/FS - wait until minicamps are done (age is an issue (he's 34 in June)) - keep him on file
6. Richard Seymour, DE - talked about retiring unless gets paid (though reality might be setting in), coming off injury, but good player - keep him on speed dial
7. Charles Woodson, FS - go with Rhodes instead, possible bidding war starting between Denver, Oakland and Cleveland
8. Bradie James, ILB - no interest
9. Chris Kluwe, P - <<< target >>>
10. Thomas Howard, LB - recovering from ACL tear in September - keep on file
11. Corey Lynch, S - keep on file
I agree with that. Good ideas woz
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the deal with Sedrick Ellis? He's a free agent and still not signed. He would be a great backup NT to Coefield. Has he been that big of a disappointment for the Saints? I always thought he was a solid DT, may have never lived up to his potential as a top 10 pick but he's still a solid player who can bench over 35 reps without breaking a sweat. He, Seymour, and Idonije are the guys left I'd be interested in.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
What's the deal with Sedrick Ellis? He's a free agent and still not signed. He would be a great backup NT to Coefield. Has he been that big of a disappointment for the Saints? I always thought he was a solid DT, may have never lived up to his potential as a top 10 pick but he's still a solid player who can bench over 35 reps without breaking a sweat. He, Seymour, and Idonije are the guys left I'd be interested in.
i wouldn't mind signing any if them. From what I remember Ellis was supposed to be a pass rushing DT coming out but he never dominated like people thought he would except in 2010, As a reserve NT though, I think he'd be a good addition as would Seymour and Idonije.

The thing about Idonije is his weight though, I'd be worried he wouldn't hold up as a DE in the 3-4 because at most he's 280. I guess if we signed him and he made the team he'd only be a reserve/situational player though.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
i wouldn't mind signing any if them. From what I remember Ellis was supposed to be a pass rushing DT coming out but he never dominated like people thought he would except in 2010, As a reserve NT though, I think he'd be a good addition as would Seymour and Idonije.

The thing about Idonije is his weight though, I'd be worried he wouldn't hold up as a DE in the 3-4 because at most he's 280. I guess if we signed him and he made the team he'd only be a reserve/situational player though.

I think Seymour had a bad case of Raideritis!!!!! He is a really good player. I think he will be healthy and hungry to play for a winner. If the price was right, I would give him a shot to beat out Golston and Merling for a DE rotation spot. He wouldnt have to play alot of reps which would keep him fresh. I think the work ethics of guys like Fletcher, Bowen, and Cofeild would motivate him to get top effort. Seriously the dude is a beast!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

I think Seymour had a bad case of Raideritis!!!!! He is a really good player. I think he will be healthy and hungry to play for a winner. If the price was right, I would give him a shot to beat out Golston and Merling for a DE rotation spot. He wouldnt have to play alot of reps which would keep him fresh. I think the work ethics of guys like Fletcher, Bowen, and Cofeild would motivate him to get top effort. Seriously the dude is a beast!!!!
Yep. I totally agree but Seymour did say he wanted to retire as a Raider, though, he may not have that choice if they don't chose to re-sign him.
Woz

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

Would he work as a 3-4 nose though? It's essentially a glory-less position where you take a beating almost every play.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

Would he work as a 3-4 nose though? It's essentially a glory-less position where you take a beating almost every play.

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't know. He has always been a 4-3 DT and does enjoy rushing the passer if I do recall. His size probably isn't as big as you'd like, its not BAD but not ideal either. I do remember him putting up great bench numbers at the combine so strength shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure he can play NT, the question is does he WANT to. We did have success with translating Coefield to a NT, maybe Hass can motive Ellis as well. Anyways, he's just a name that I figured I'd bring up since you can never have enough dline depth.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Woz wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't know. He has always been a 4-3 DT and does enjoy rushing the passer if I do recall. His size probably isn't as big as you'd like, its not BAD but not ideal either. I do remember him putting up great bench numbers at the combine so strength shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure he can play NT, the question is does he WANT to. We did have success with translating Coefield to a NT, maybe Hass can motive Ellis as well. Anyways, he's just a name that I figured I'd bring up since you can never have enough dline depth.
hmmm.... Reminds me of a certain NT we have now. As you said Cofiled. And I like Ellis' height and frame for the position of nt. he's 6'1 now, I'd say he weighs around 310 but he's got room to put weight on. I doubt we sign him though, we have Baker and Neild to back up Cofield and if necessary, Jenkins or Carriker could play nt
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1663519-5-still-unsigned-free-agents-the-washington-redskins-should-consider?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=washington-redskins

According to sporttrac.com we have 2.2 million to spend.

We have the 4th oldest starting line up in the nfl.

1. Eric Winston is still available. We contacted him last year, but haven't this year... So far

2. Quintin Mikell. Former Rams and Eagles safety. Lat year was his best in his 10 year career as he had 101 tackles, 83 solo, 3 sacks and a FF.

3. Israel Idonije, DE Bears who abused Polumbus in preseason last year sacking Rg3 twice. He who would be a good situational pass rusher on 3rd downs if we took a 3-4 DE and Cofield off the field. He had 7.5 sacks last year

4. Brandon Moore, G formerly of the NY Jets. Moore was the only guard in he NFL last year not to allow his quarterback to hit the ground once all year.
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1663519-5-still-unsigned-free-agents-the-washington-redskins-should-consider?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=washington-redskins

So we will fix our age ... by signing old guys? The age thing is also misleading since we have a lot of guys who might steal staring jobs away from vets (Jenkins, Hankerson, T. Compton (maybe), Amerson, Thomas/Rambo). I suspect that Fletcher is also shifting our average a bit by himself.

As for your suggestions, unless we get bitten by the injury bug, I am not sure they are upgrades at this time (Winston still wants to be paid).
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

So we will fix our age ... by signing old guys? The age thing is also misleading since we have a lot of guys who might steal staring jobs away from vets (Jenkins, Hankerson, T. Compton (maybe), Amerson, Thomas/Rambo). I suspect that Fletcher is also shifting our average a bit by himself.

As for your suggestions, unless we get bitten by the injury bug, I am not sure they are upgrades at this time (Winston still wants to be paid).
Yeah true, true. I just thought I'd do an update on this.

I was also editing this but my IPad died on me in mid post.

Richard Seymour, DE. Formerly of the Patriots and Raiders is still and free agent. With Adam Carriker's injury problems, it might be worth signing Seymour. I'm really not sure how much Carriker is going to be able to play this year and when he does, how effective will he be?

Thomas Howard, ILB. Formerly of Cincinnati and Oakland. He is going to be 30 years old in July and coming off an ACL year in week one last year but he'd be a good signing for completion in a spot where we need competition.

Brandie James, ILB. Formerly of the Cowboys and Texans. Last season he had 77 tackles. It might be a good idea to bring him in for competition in a position group that has depth questionmarks.

Corey Lynch, S. I can't believe he is still available. I thought the Redskins should have signed him before the draft. He's a versatile safety that can play either strong or free safety and if Meriweather isn't healthy enough to play, it would make sense for us to sign Lynch. I actually believe if we signed him, he'd be the favorite to start week one at FS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: