Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Norv Not sure any QB would have won last year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldog

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every city has a "bad spot"

But if you put up other cities best vs Cleveland's best. The outcome will not be Cleveland.

Other cities worst vs Cleveland's worst may favor other cities as well.

It has it's perks, as EZ pointed out. Its cheaper to live in Cleveland.

Cleveland is a run down working town thats never recovered.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Every city has a "bad spot"

But if you put up other cities best vs Cleveland's best. The outcome will not be Cleveland.

Other cities worst vs Cleveland's worst may favor other cities as well.

It has it's perks, as EZ pointed out. Its cheaper to live in Cleveland.

Cleveland is a run down working town thats never recovered.

Lots of cities I think have worse worsts. Heck, you don't even need to leave the AFC North. Look at Baltimore, there's a reason its joke nickname is "Harm City"

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
We wouldn't have won a super bowl, but I can name a handful of QBs that would have been able to get us to the playoffs last year.

Name them. Quarterbacks like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers MIGHT have gotten the Browns to the playoffs last year but it would be far from a sure thing.

Anyway, Norv is right. A lot of the blame for a team's lack of success if often blamed on the quarterback. Weeden obviously had his fair share of bad games but he also had his share of pretty good games. There were many other reasons for Cleveland's lack of success last year besides Weeden. With more experience, improved talent around him and a scheme that fits his skill set, I expect for Weeden to be much better this season. That doesn't mean I think he's definitely the long-term answer at quarterback, but I think it's very possible that he'll prove to be good enough to be the starter for the foreseeable future. If Weeden sucks, then it's very likely that the Browns will have a bad record and thus would likely be in reach of getting a top quarterback in next year's draft.

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Norv Turner said / wrote:
“A fan base that truly cares about football means a lot to the players; that means a lot to the coaches when there are people that really care. I found out right away. We were working late and we stopped at a little bar restaurant to get something to eat and have a beer. A guy came over to me and said, ‘Coach, it’s great to meet you. If you get us a winner, you’ll never have to buy a drink again in your life.’”

In terms of cities, Norv is going from one extreme to another. San Diego is a great place, but it's not exactly known for its football passion. Cleveland is the exact opposite.

O were not a great place?

Is that what you are trying to say?

Ughhhh

This is the mentality that a lot of Cleveland fans have though.

Obviously nug is joking, but a lot of fans seem to think Cleveland is 'just as good' as 'any other city'.

Those folks have either never left Cleveland, never visited the other city that's being discussed, or both.

Cleveland is a turd of a city with gawdawful winters. I'm not saying it would bother me to live there as a pro athlete, but given the choice, there are a lot better options.

I'm originally from Cleveland and still have family there and have lived in a few other states as well. Cleveland definitely isn't the greatest city (although I still love it), but people who have never been to Cleveland seem to think it's some horrible place. The few people I know who have actually been there were pleasantly surprised by Cleveland because, prior to visiting there, they imagined it wasn't a nice place. I've been to numerous other cities/areas that are far worse than Cleveland.

Smack on the sig.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Downtown Cleveland is a turd of a city

The surrounding areas are pretty nice for the most part.

Plus I have a hard time taking you seriously when your location is Cinci

Wink

The Nasty 'Nati is no prize, but a better city than Cleveland. At least IMO. I grew up in NE Ohio and much prefer this area. The winters up north are brutal. We see 10-20% of the snow that folks in Cleveland do.

That said, if it weren't for family I wouldn't be in Ohio at all. Much nicer places to live. At least IMO, but to each their own.

My only point is that some folks who live up there seem to think that Cleveland has as much to offer as say Miami, Chicago, LA, NYC, etc for extremely wealthy 20 something year old men. While some folks may not be attracted to the obvious benefits of those places, most will. Our FA history in pretty much every sport indicates that.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: