Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl in Houston???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoufWest Texans

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Super Bowl in Houston??? Reply with quote

I'm feeling really good about Houston getting the nod for Super Bowl LI. I do believe San Fran will get L which will leave us competing with only Miami for Super Bowl LI. Miami officials have turned down the funding for stadium upgrades so that hurts their chances greatly. We are not a lock but I like our chances to get the big dance!!
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/05/21/super-bowls-awarded-to-bay-area-houston-super-bowl-l-super-bowl-li/2345999/

Quote:
The owners also awarded Super Bowl LI (2017) to Houston's Reliant Stadium, which hosted Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2004.

South Florida was shut out in its bid for both Super Bowls, which isn't surprising, considering the Miami Dolphins were unable to secure funding for renovations to Sun Life Stadium. Miami and Ft. Lauderdale could wind up being taken out of the rotation, just as San Diego has been, because of an outdated facility.

Looks like we got it.

Blaze

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/05/21/super-bowls-awarded-to-bay-area-houston-super-bowl-l-super-bowl-li/2345999/

Quote:
The owners also awarded Super Bowl LI (2017) to Houston's Reliant Stadium, which hosted Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2004.

South Florida was shut out in its bid for both Super Bowls, which isn't surprising, considering the Miami Dolphins were unable to secure funding for renovations to Sun Life Stadium. Miami and Ft. Lauderdale could wind up being taken out of the rotation, just as San Diego has been, because of an outdated facility.

Looks like we got it.
This is sad. Its South Beach. Who wouldnt want to be there for a SB party?

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Quote:

Looks like we got it.

Miami have already had 10 in the area.

I think they need to spread them out a bit more.

jch1911

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who lives in the S. Florida region: (1) just think about where you would rather be in February? (2) They'll get the funding eventually.

Why you ask didn't they get the $$$ now: (1) people in S. Florida (esp. Dade Co.) are upset that they just paid for a brand new baseball stadium that no one uses (insert joke here); (2) most people see a billionaire team owner asking the rank and file to foot more than 55% of the bill; & (3) they tried to tie funding to other teams (not just the Dolphins) which upset some folks.

Also, people like myself who were there at the 2007 SB remember the RAIN (only SB where it rained at an outside stadium IIRC) so until they get awnings (which was what some of the money was going to be used for), there will be a wait for another SB in S. FL. But, it will happen again.

Last edited by jch1911 on Tue May 21, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Quote:

Looks like we got it.

Outdated stadium, and NFL is making a statement to upgrade or you will be left out of the SB party.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing would be better than winning the super bowl in Houston......except winning the super bowl in Houston against the cowboys

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll care more when the subject and object in that statement switch places.

But really, this is awesome and I'm so happy for the city.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why how great of a party the city can throw or where the players would prefer to play a Super Bowl at matters. It should be spread out more.

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: