Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookie Ceilings and Floors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walshy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Rookie Ceilings and Floors Reply with quote

What are our rookies' floors and ceilings?

IMO

Long- Floor is an average lineman. In theory, it's hard to struggle at lineman when you have his athleticism. Ceiling is very high.

Bostic- Floor: He plays LB, a position where it his hard to bust at, and he played in the SEC. His game should translate well right from college to the pros. We know what we have with him. Ceiling: Really struggling with this. His measurables should allow him to have a very high ceiling right? However, I saw a lot of highs and lows on tape.

Greene- Floor: Could get overpowered by NFL lineman and be really unsuccessful. I see him being very solid. Ceiling: If he can continue producing like he did in college, his ceiling as a WLB is pretty high.

Mills- Not sure. His run blocking could be huge though.

Washington- Not sure again. Has the measurables and he flashed a lot. However, on tape he didn't look like he had any instincts.

Wilson- Could get overpowered by DBs and never be successful. Could end up being very good.

Warning: I did very quick write ups on the last four because I'm tired. What do you think?

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1

Last edited by Walshy on Wed May 22, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this year, the floor would be Kyle starting at guard, sucking, and being benched, and everyone else not seeing the field. The ceiling would be Long, Bostic, and Greene all starting and playing well, and Washington and Wilson making spot contributions. After that, who knows.

I think it's easy to struggle at guard if your technique is bad, regardless of your athleticism.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Rookie Ceilings and Floors Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
What are our rookies' floors and ceilings?

IMO

Long- Floor is an average lineman. In theory, it's hard to struggle at lineman when you have his athleticism. Ceiling is very high. That is why he was drafted where he was. So "no brainer".

Bostic- Floor: He plays LB, a position where it his hard to bust at, and he played in the SEC. His game should translate well right from college to the pros. We know what we have with him. Ceiling: Really struggling with this. His measurables should allow him to have a very high ceiling right? However, I saw a lot of highs and lows on tape. LB hard to bust at??? I don't think so. But he could be as good as Marshall or Briggs.

Greene- Floor: Could get overpowered by NFL lineman and be really unsuccessful. I see him being very solid. Ceiling: If he can continue producing like he did in college, his ceiling as a WLB is pretty high. So far so good.

Mills- Not sure. His run blocking could be huge though. His ceiling might be as high as a multi-year starter in a couple of years.

Washington- Not sure again. Has the measurables and he flashed a lot. However, on tape he didn't look like he had any instincts. His ceiling is very high just on those measurables.

Washington- Could get overpowered by DBs and never be successful. Could end up being very good. If a DE is getting overpowered by a DB we are in real trouble. Therefore, I am assuming you mean Wilson. His floor would be playing for several years in the NFL and his ceiling could be a multi-year starter with close to or over 1000 yds per. Could be a real steal.

Warning: I did very quick write ups on the last four because I'm tired. What do you think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: