Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB David Garrard tells players he's leaving Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
A non issue. He wouldn't have made the team anyway.

Without the injury I would have expected him to start the first few weeks ... he;s better then Sanchez and McElroy for sure.

He really isn't, he hasn't been good since 07. You guys think Sanchez has bad pocket awareness? It would've been awesome watching ekill go on page long rants about Garrard being awful

It really can't much worse than Mark Sanchez. I would have excepted Garrard as a starter to start the year, but I cant sit through another game of Mark Sanchez behind center. Guy has the mental toughness of a 6 year old girl and until that changes he'll never has sustained success. Hopefully the competition in camp is actually fair, but I highly doubt it.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One option rotoworld brought up is Trent Edwards which could be an option. He showed promise in the offense in the pre-season last year in philly (granted, I know, it was pre-season).

Props to JMG on the sig
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
teamorange wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Without the injury I would have expected him to start the first few weeks ... he;s better then Sanchez and McElroy for sure.

He really isn't, he hasn't been good since 07. You guys think Sanchez has bad pocket awareness? It would've been awesome watching ekill go on page long rants about Garrard being awful

It really can't much worse than Mark Sanchez. I would have excepted Garrard as a starter to start the year, but I cant sit through another game of Mark Sanchez behind center. Guy has the mental toughness of a 6 year old girl and until that changes he'll never has sustained success. Hopefully the competition in camp is actually fair, but I highly doubt it.

Garrard would get sacked 60 times this year if he played the whole year. That's the only reason his completion percentage has been so high the last few seasons he played because he would either pass to someone who was open or not pass at all and take a sack.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
teamorange wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Garrard would get sacked 60 times this year if he played the whole year. That's the only reason his completion percentage has been so high the last few seasons he played because he would either pass to someone who was open or not pass at all and take a sack.

Agreed 100%, BUT Sanchez also takes a lot of sacks as well due to indecisiveness and still completed less than 50% LOL. I just cant imagine how much worse it can get. Well see what happens I guess.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we were interested in Brian Hoyer before he signed with the Browns, so we very well may add another QB before training camp.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Apparently we were interested in Brian Hoyer before he signed with the Browns, so we very well may add another QB before training camp.

Trent Edwards?
Matt Leinart?

Seriously, that's about all there is.

...McNabb? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Trent Edwards?
Matt Leinart?

Seriously, that's about all there is.

...McNabb? Laughing

Ha, nah McNabb is retired now officially. But another Eagles QB, Edwards, would make sense. He played well in Marty's system last preseason, but I don't even think he has started a game since 09. No matter what, it's still just a race between Sanchez and Smith.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hai guyz Very Happy

Popping in, again, to just let you know that you really don't want Trent Edwards, experience in Marty's system and him being an overglorified sacrifical lamb or no.

You think Sanchez makes some boneheaded plays? Hooo boy if you play Trent you guys are in for a treat. Laughing

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrard not done with Jets?

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_garrard_could_barely_walk_after_fMduCGzi5SKXstC1DtqLBO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Jets%20Blog#axzz2Txal2rsI

Well not exactly. . . Was offered an interim coaching position mostly likely to mentor Geno apparently.

Props to Mack on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Garrard not done with Jets?

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_garrard_could_barely_walk_after_fMduCGzi5SKXstC1DtqLBO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Jets%20Blog#axzz2Txal2rsI

Well not exactly. . . Was offered an interim coaching position mostly likely to mentor Geno apparently.

Already posted on the previous page. I hope he takes the job.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax guys. We're trading our 1st, 2nd, and Mangold for Rodgers and their worst rated player.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Rotoworld:

Quote:
Jets signed QB David Garrard and placed him on the Exempt List.
The Jets will have two weeks to take a look at Garrard and see if they want to promote him to their active roster. They most likely will. Garrard will be an excellent mentor for Geno Smith and an upgrade on Matt Simms/Brady Quinn at the backup spot. "I was able to take the whole summer off and let my body heal. I started training a couple of months ago and my knee feels great," said Garrard. "I'm sitting at home, watching games thinking, ‘Why am I at home? Why I am doing this to myself?" Garrard, 35, originally said he was retiring when he left the Jets in May.

Props to JMG on the sig
jg6041

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Per Rotoworld:

Quote:
Jets signed QB David Garrard and placed him on the Exempt List.
The Jets will have two weeks to take a look at Garrard and see if they want to promote him to their active roster. They most likely will. Garrard will be an excellent mentor for Geno Smith and an upgrade on Matt Simms/Brady Quinn at the backup spot. "I was able to take the whole summer off and let my body heal. I started training a couple of months ago and my knee feels great," said Garrard. "I'm sitting at home, watching games thinking, ‘Why am I at home? Why I am doing this to myself?" Garrard, 35, originally said he was retiring when he left the Jets in May.

I thought you had posted in the wrong thread Barnaby Smile
Interesting. Makes tons of sense.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. As long as he stays the #3, I don't really care. He'll be a better mentor than Quinn, I suppose.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: