Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick question about the '11 season.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aout

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Quick question about the '11 season. Reply with quote

Hey guys, quick question :

I was watching a couple of Tebow videos from the 2011 season, and I noticed that his receivers were dropping the ball very often. So I just wanted to ask you whether it is just an impression or if, indeed, the receivers were actually dropping the ball much more than they should have (if anyone has a link to a website were I could see the stats that would be awesome).
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some drops, as there always are in football. I don't remember it being much more frequent than normal, however.

The problem was two-fold, one Tebow is left-handed so the ball has the opposite spin from what most WRs are accustomed to and two, Tebow does not throw a very "catchable" ball. His accuracy is terrible, even when he's on target the ball has a 1-3 yard window where it lands. For a QB with elite accuracy like Manning or Brady, the window is more like 6-12 inches. In addition to that, there's a lot of wobble and odd spin on his passes.

You're obviously a Tebow fan and I don't want to start a big thing here, but the only way he is going to survive in the NFL is if he changes positions. He has no business playing QB, drops by receivers do not account, even minutely, for his below-average (to put it nicely) numbers.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was probably because the receivers were shocked that the ball got to them.
Aout

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
There were some drops, as there always are in football. I don't remember it being much more frequent than normal, however.

The problem was two-fold, one Tebow is left-handed so the ball has the opposite spin from what most WRs are accustomed to and two, Tebow does not throw a very "catchable" ball. His accuracy is terrible, even when he's on target the ball has a 1-3 yard window where it lands. For a QB with elite accuracy like Manning or Brady, the window is more like 6-12 inches. In addition to that, there's a lot of wobble and odd spin on his passes.

You're obviously a Tebow fan and I don't want to start a big thing here, but the only way he is going to survive in the NFL is if he changes positions. He has no business playing QB, drops by receivers do not account, even minutely, for his below-average (to put it nicely) numbers.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a Tebow fan, I just like the guy and feel sorry for all the hate on him when he's just a nice guy (unlike [inappropriate/removed] like Sherman & co). I was just wondering why he is currently unemployed when guys like Bradford, who haven't showed much during their 2 first seasons are still the #1 QB of their team. I was comparing Tebow's stats with other QB's first or second year stats and he actually outperforms most of them (even Peyton !).

If you guys say that his receivers haven't drop more balls than usually, that's the end of the story, let's not start another tebow hate/love topic ! Thanks !
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aout wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a Tebow fan, I just like the guy and feel sorry for all the hate on him when he's just a nice guy (unlike [inappropriate/removed] like Sherman & co). I was just wondering why he is currently unemployed when guys like Bradford, who haven't showed much during their 2 first seasons are still the #1 QB of their team. I was comparing Tebow's stats with other QB's first or second year stats and he actually outperforms most of them (even Peyton !).

If you guys say that his receivers haven't drop more balls than usually, that's the end of the story, let's not start another tebow hate/love topic ! Thanks !

I hear you there, Tebow does seem like a genuinely good guy. His family members, I'm not so sure. After we lost to Ravens in the playoffs, his brother put out a number of tweets saying things like "I think I'm the only happy person in Denver right now" and "that's karma for you, Elway" totally and completely classless.

I also believe Tebow's legions of rabid supporters do him more harm than good. They feed into and help create the media circus that surrounds Tebow and, by extension, his team. Most teams (but not all, see the Cowboys and Jets) try to avoid the circus atmosphere.

His lack of ability as a QB (and don't let some stats fool you, he was outright embarrassing to watch 90% of the time) coupled with his supporters and the media circus that comes with him, I think has spelled the end for Tebow in the NFL.

b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah come on man don't come in here bashing Richard. Richard is one of the nicest individuals I know. He plays the game how it should be and all his media hype is his way of marketing himself. In person he is quite a nice person... Now Brandon Browner on the other hand...

Props to Jamison on the sig
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
Ah come on man don't come in here bashing Richard. Richard is one of the nicest individuals I know. He plays the game how it should be and all his media hype is his way of marketing himself. In person he is quite a nice person... Now Brandon Browner on the other hand...

Are you serious my brotha? You gotta be kidding my brotha...I hope you are being sarcastic my brotha!
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:

Are you serious my brotha? You gotta be kidding my brotha...I hope you are being sarcastic my brotha!

What? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're done here.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: