Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Glennon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Dude you watch nothing. You say he has an above average arm? Watch some of the throws that Gruden breaks down. You see him deliver a 20 yard strike while taking a hit dead on with defender in his face.

Poorly accurate? How many drops did he have that we're in the numbers of Wrs? Listen I'm not going to say this guy will automatically become a star. However you're analysis is extremely poor and inaccurate. He does throw on anticipation. Ball is out before the wr breaks. Most of the time you see him looking throug reads. Occasionally he'll stare down a wr.

Look I'm convinced te bucs could have and would have been a playoff team if josh was consistent. He fell apart in te finall 6 games when we were at 6-4. The first 4 games were iffy. The next 6 were good but against bad defenses/teams. Then folded when needed most.

I think people want to look at stats and say how is he on the hot seat? But he doesn't do the important things right. He lived on the big play deep ball last year. When defenses mixed in more zone he couldn't beat it.

Please child. All I watch is football, the kid is not that talented and has nothing elite about him. My outlook is not just my outlook alone yet the outlook from nearly every scout and analyst in football. Sure Free had rough end and your a hater, but I guess he plays defense too. Tired of saying same stuff he was forced to try to do things when defense couldn't stop anything and not mention a patchwork OL that gave up constant pressure he was in top 3 in the NFL at facing pressure per drop back.

Lets refrain from terms like "please child", I don't want to take away from good discussion.

Listen there was a reason that Russell Wilson decided to leave NC State. To say he has above average arm strength is ridiculous too. I'm as big of a Freeman fan as there is, hopefully this is nothing more then a motivating factor to push Free to the next level.

And that reason ties into why O'Brien was fired. Russell Wilson was a senior and there were transfer rumors about the younger Glennon. If he would have started Wilson another year, he risked losing his QB for the next few years. Wilson def didn't leave because Glennon was better than him. It was a combination of Glennon transfer rumors and Wilson playing baseball.

I'll refrain from bashing him since he's a Buc now but based on what I saw from him in college, I'll be shocked if he's anything more than a career backup. Chris Simms 2.0.

Chris Simms is a scary good comparison now that I think about it. Big time arm, but on and off accuracy with cinder blocks for feet. In this offense though, Glennon has the most important tool so he's a very good developmental QB to have in the mix. His limitations should be hidden to a certain extent in this offense. He should beat out Orlovsky with relative ease.

Our QB depth has been terrible over the years so I'm pretty damn happy to have two QBs on the roster that are capable of executing in this offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: