Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mario Williams Drama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Mario Williams Drama Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9288443/ex-mario-williams-buffalo-bills-alleges-suicide-talk-texts

Normally I stay away from this kind of stuff but it is Mario and we made the home page of ESPN because of it.

Personally, I just think the media is making it bigger than it needs to be. Who the hell buys a $785,000+ ring? That is absolutely ridiculous.

I just hope it won't do anything to affect his play.

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard about this a couple days ago. I don't think it'll be a big deal. They'll figure out who gets the ring, and that'll be it. Might take a judge and lawyers, but I don't see it taking too long.

On one hand, he's dumb for buying a ring that expensive. On the other hand, he had just signed a $100M contract...
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she wasn't for the money, than give the ring back.. The fact the lawyer released those private text messages to the media is savaged.

So many things wrong with this situation, but I hope it gets resolved soon
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is a big deal. Likely won't even be remembered by the start of TC.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I don't think this is a big deal. Likely won't even be remembered by the start of TC.

This, it's a normal dispute. In every state sans Texas (maybe a few others) the engagement ring is the property of the one who purchased it (in this case Williams) until they are officially married. Since his fiance was obviously just a gold digger (though integral in getting him to come here so, thanks gold diggers! Laughing ) I doubt this amounts to anything other than the judge ordering her to give the dang ring back.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

This, it's a normal dispute. In every state sans Texas (maybe a few others) the engagement ring is the property of the one who purchased it (in this case Williams) until they are officially married. Since his fiance was obviously just a gold digger (though integral in getting him to come here so, thanks gold diggers! Laughing ) I doubt this amounts to anything other than the judge ordering her to give the dang ring back.
The lawsuit was filed in Texas.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

The lawsuit was filed in Texas.

Yeah I noticed that after but forgot to edit my post. Embarassed So kinda just.... ignore most of it. Laughing

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was about to propose to my wife, my boss said that in most states, if you don't give the ring to the person on a special occasion (IE birthday, anniversary, holiday), then you can get your ring back because it is your property, and thus can't be considered a "gift" when you give it to the person. I'm not sure if this is true, but it seemed to make sense. That's why I picked a random day. LOL

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
When I was about to propose to my wife, my boss said that in most states, if you don't give the ring to the person on a special occasion (IE birthday, anniversary, holiday), then you can get your ring back because it is your property, and thus can't be considered a "gift" when you give it to the person. I'm not sure if this is true, but it seemed to make sense. That's why I picked a random day. LOL

if only your wife could read this Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:

I picked a random day and didn't get the ring back (not that I intended it to not work out), but then again I got married before we broke up.

Sad

Anyway, hopefully Williams can maintain focus through everything, especially with new coaches and a new system. I also hope the Bills will take the time to evaluate his state of mind, which could be in doubt based on some of the things I've read.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: