Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select BJ Daniels with the 237th pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
757-NINER

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilmtalk wrote:
If I remember correctly even though Johnson outplayed Tolzein in the preseason games last year, Tolzein was kept because he was a better fit as the third string QB. The issue is not just that Danials is a better back up in that he match's Colins skill set better or that he is a step faster. He is by far a better runner ( very elusive and has an RB moves and vision. Harbaugh wants to keep a third QB active for game's but that QB must be able to play other positions. This would fit Danial's skill set, and by the way also Gray's. What he wants them only as insurance in case both QB's go down in a game which has been known to happen. He could then even stash a fourth QB on the practice squad. The third QB would be the swiss army knife and the fourth could even be a better Qb than the third. This seems to give a big advantage to Danials since he could play mulitiple positions. Harbaugh wants the third QB active. I also think Tolzein would servive the practice squad where as Danials would not.

It's difficult to judge a Qb's over all accuracy by highlights because they don't show the bad plays. But what is seen is that he is as shifty as RW but built more powerfully with good speed and a running backs instincts and vision. That's the type of QB that seems to be in demand now. Just having him to mimic the the new breed of QB's in on the scout team ( RW, RG3, etc) makes him a valuable third Qb for any team. I don't see him as being on the scout team but rather either making the roster or getting cut.

Two things. First, I remember Tolizen out-playing Johnson last pre-season, not the other way around. To the point, I remember Whitner called Tolizen "baby Drew Brees" after the Vikings game. Johnson was very hot and cold. He missed alot throws, though I Ioved his arm and his mobility over Tolizen. Second, I dont believe Tolizen has PS eligibility. He's been on a 53 man roster for two consecutive years, which I think eliminates him from being eligible for the PS going forward. And I doubt he would make it to the PS anyway. Too many QB-needy teams at the moment and Tolizen, having apprenticed under JH for two years, would be a huge commodity, IMO.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys got Gray too? wait a minute..he could play TE or WR...Daniels could play a little RB? could they have both on the field with kaep..wait..thats like three fast, smart, qb's at once..wait..there has to be a rule against that...someone call the committe..this is bull!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: