Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Band wagon fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gridirongorilla

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a ton of old school niners shirts that I've collected through the years. I frequently have people offer to buy them from me when I just waking around town. I am not a fan of bandwagon fans either, but I get more annoyed when someone tries to tell me I'm a part of that group. I was watching the nfc Title Game with my gf and a bunch of her coworkers and their significant others last year and annoyingly had to 'prove' my fandom to them. Turns or I knew far more than all of then.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Does it make you infertile or cripple your ability to find pleasure?

Y2 answered one more question than I did, so I guess that makes me a band wagon fan too. I'm with Rudy on this though. I'm glad we have more fans, it makes the Stick such a fun place to be. I've been a season ticket holder since 2006, and back then it was depressing as hell to be at the stick. I don't care when people decide to become 49er fans, I'm just happy that they've become 49er fans.

The only thing that will irk me about fans are ones that talk our of their butt and pretend they know so much about the team and this sport. But that's with all fans, not just band wagon fans. There's this guy who sits behind me at games, he's had tickets longer than me, and he think he knows so much that he tries to call out every single play before the snap. He even makes up names and pretends to know the playbook, he's right about 5% of the time.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandwagoners hurt me personally. The company i work for has 4 season tickets and they are renewing for the new stadium they get these to give to our customers but again they werent winning so no one wanted them so i got to go to as many games as i liked as the only true fan in the company. For the last two seasons i have been sniped out of the tickets due to guys claiming to be Niner fans and wanting the tickets now.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I don't much care if people are bandwagonners or not, so I shouldn't bother to post in here. Still, I barely leave the house, so I don't know any Niners fans down here yonder South. Just ME! So I don't really talk to people that are pretending to love or know the Niners but really don't. I can see where you are coming from, Pando... but just like so much in life.. I suggest you don't get your blood pressure up about these kinds of things. The one understanding I have in this world is this... human beings, for the most part, suck.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
The one understanding I have in this world is this... human beings, for the most part, suck.

yes.

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
AT49ers

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
kidcymucks wrote:
What if I've had the following jerseys?

Ahmad Plummer
Andre Carter
Mike Rumph

These are the BAAAD ones. I've since made a rule that I won't get a players jersey until his second contract. But I broke that rule and bought the Kap SB Jersey. I'm hoping I didn't jinx him

I can beat that...

Kentwan Balmer.

In my defense, it was a christmas gift from my mom... Laughing

I have one of arnaz battle jersey hanging around somewhere.

props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
CloudKicker

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldnt have said it better myself RudyZ

Props to Peppers90 on the sig

Point Pacific. TTKA
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I could answer only one of the three questions in the start of this post up above without doing research. Bandwagon fandom for the win.

the answers are: cook and the saints
fuller
and wright

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
I could answer only one of the three questions in the start of this post up above without doing research. Bandwagon fandom for the win.

I can't answer any of the questions, so I guess I'm not a true fan...

That's what bothers me about "bandwagonner hatred". So what if people jumped aboard recently?! They are fans nonetheless. Would you rather only the TRUE hardcore fans follow the team? How about only the people who can answer those questions are allowed into the stadium? I'm willing to bet there would be plenty of empty seats.

I encourage people to jump aboard now. Some may not be TRUE hardcore fans, but some will stick around for the long run. I started watching football in 1996 (exactly one year AFTER our last Superbowl win), and I can say I became a Niner fan around 97-98 (because of Steve Young). 17 years later, am I a lesser fan than all of you who have seen the team win their Superbowls? If anything, I deserve MORE credit for sticking with the team, because I didn't have the memories of the glory days to hold on to.

Encourage the bandwagonners. There's no harm in it, is there? If someone walks around with a Michael Crabtree jersey, who didn't know who Michael Crabtree was a year ago, does it make you love your team less? Does it physically pain you? Does it take money out of your pocket or threaten the existence of people you love? Does it attack your rights as a citizen of the US, or endanger our survival as a species? Does it increase meteors and comets' attraction towards the earth? Does it make you infertile or cripple your ability to find pleasure? No. Encourage the bandwagonners. It only makes our beloved team stronger. It puts money in the team's pockets, which allows them to pay Baalrathe, and Harbaugh and staff, and our players, and the electricity bill for our state-of-the-art weight room, etc. Bandwagonners help the team. And amidst those bandwagonners, we'll be recruiting fans who might one day become TRUE hardcore fans. Instead of hating them, invite them in. Tell them about the glory days. I truly enjoy those of you who share stories about the greats I never had the chance to see play. Those stories make me proud. Those stories make me love my team even more.

And I hope one day, in 2044, I'll welcome a new bandwagonner and tell him about the glory days of Kaepernick, and Aldon Smith, and Patrick Willis, and Justin Smith, and Michael Crabtree, and AJ Jenkins. Wink

And one day, maybe I'll ask random trivia, like who threw the block around the corner that helped Kap run for a 13 yard superbowl-winning TD with 1:14 left in the fourth quarter. And you know what? If he's wrong, I won't consider him any less of a fan, but I'll be pleased to describe the entire play, from beginning to end, the context, the reactions, and how I felt when it happened. And that little story, my friend, might just make an hardcore fan out of a bandwagonner.

what you just described is a REAL FAN.

a band wagoner WILL NOT STICK AROUND thats the point you're missing. they jump ship at the first less than 10 win season and never come back.

think about it, where, if they have been watching football before, did they come from?

I don't call someone a real fan until they stay true to the team when times are rough.

most of these clowns are folks who pretend to be something that they aren't. People who are new fans but act like they have been rolling with the team since forever when you ask em about it.

That's what i meant by the questions. those questions are for jackholes like that.

you're being sensitive and arguing semantics

It's Hard
It's rough
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Guess I don't much care if people are bandwagonners or not, so I shouldn't bother to post in here. Still, I barely leave the house, so I don't know any Niners fans down here yonder South. Just ME! So I don't really talk to people that are pretending to love or know the Niners but really don't. I can see where you are coming from, Pando... but just like so much in life.. I suggest you don't get your blood pressure up about these kinds of things. The one understanding I have in this world is this... human beings, for the most part, suck.

Oldy I live in south Texas so you can imagine.......

It's Hard
It's rough
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:

I think you're being sensitive over nothing, really. If you don't like bandwagonners, shrug it off and go on with your pride and everything. It doesn't change anything with how you live your life. Be the bigger man, take the high road, and go on with your day. Soon, these bandwagonners won't be in your way anymore. So, basically, just suck it up.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidcymucks wrote:
What if I've had the following jerseys?

Ahmad Plummer
Andre Carter
Mike Rumph

These are the BAAAD ones. I've since made a rule that I won't get a players jersey until his second contract. But I broke that rule and bought the Kap SB Jersey. I'm hoping I didn't jinx him
I've got an Antonio Bryant jersey. Haha.

I made a similar rule myself. I only buy jerseys of guys who have nore than one year and they've gotta be on our team for more than a couple years.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to this. I became a fan before Phoenix had the Cards when I lived there. I grew up in AZ. I picked the Niners when I was little and I guess I hopped on the wagon. Inever really followed football closely until I was in high school. I became a hardcore fan during the Steve Young era so I honestly don't know much about Joes early years. I only know of Montanas end of his career like the last 5-6 years of it.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:

I think you're being sensitive over nothing, really. If you don't like bandwagonners, shrug it off and go on with your pride and everything. It doesn't change anything with how you live your life. Be the bigger man, take the high road, and go on with your day. Soon, these bandwagonners won't be in your way anymore. So, basically, just suck it up.

IT WAS A RANDOM POST

Secondly, I was just asking if it has happened to anyone else or had anyone else had encountered it outside of the bay area.

you were the one turning it into a crusade of righteousness asking stupid questions like "does it hurt you physically?" as well as taking offense by thinking this post was about you and getting "inside your feelings" as if i was talking about you (which i wasn't)

basically if it doesn't matter to you about band wagoners and if it isnt such a "big deal" you shouldn't have even posted on this thread.

It's Hard
It's rough
Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

I can't answer any of the questions, so I guess I'm not a true fan...

That's what bothers me about "bandwagonner hatred". So what if people jumped aboard recently?! They are fans nonetheless. Would you rather only the TRUE hardcore fans follow the team? How about only the people who can answer those questions are allowed into the stadium? I'm willing to bet there would be plenty of empty seats.

I encourage people to jump aboard now. Some may not be TRUE hardcore fans, but some will stick around for the long run. I started watching football in 1996 (exactly one year AFTER our last Superbowl win), and I can say I became a Niner fan around 97-98 (because of Steve Young). 17 years later, am I a lesser fan than all of you who have seen the team win their Superbowls? If anything, I deserve MORE credit for sticking with the team, because I didn't have the memories of the glory days to hold on to.

Encourage the bandwagonners. There's no harm in it, is there? If someone walks around with a Michael Crabtree jersey, who didn't know who Michael Crabtree was a year ago, does it make you love your team less? Does it physically pain you? Does it take money out of your pocket or threaten the existence of people you love? Does it attack your rights as a citizen of the US, or endanger our survival as a species? Does it increase meteors and comets' attraction towards the earth? Does it make you infertile or cripple your ability to find pleasure? No. Encourage the bandwagonners. It only makes our beloved team stronger. It puts money in the team's pockets, which allows them to pay Baalrathe, and Harbaugh and staff, and our players, and the electricity bill for our state-of-the-art weight room, etc. Bandwagonners help the team. And amidst those bandwagonners, we'll be recruiting fans who might one day become TRUE hardcore fans. Instead of hating them, invite them in. Tell them about the glory days. I truly enjoy those of you who share stories about the greats I never had the chance to see play. Those stories make me proud. Those stories make me love my team even more.

And I hope one day, in 2044, I'll welcome a new bandwagonner and tell him about the glory days of Kaepernick, and Aldon Smith, and Patrick Willis, and Justin Smith, and Michael Crabtree, and AJ Jenkins. Wink

And one day, maybe I'll ask random trivia, like who threw the block around the corner that helped Kap run for a 13 yard superbowl-winning TD with 1:14 left in the fourth quarter. And you know what? If he's wrong, I won't consider him any less of a fan, but I'll be pleased to describe the entire play, from beginning to end, the context, the reactions, and how I felt when it happened. And that little story, my friend, might just make an hardcore fan out of a bandwagonner.

what you just described is a REAL FAN.

a band wagoner WILL NOT STICK AROUND thats the point you're missing. they jump ship at the first less than 10 win season and never come back.

think about it, where, if they have been watching football before, did they come from?

I don't call someone a real fan until they stay true to the team when times are rough.

most of these clowns are folks who pretend to be something that they aren't. People who are new fans but act like they have been rolling with the team since forever when you ask em about it.

That's what i meant by the questions. those questions are for jackholes like that.

In all fairness, most "fans" aren't represented well by the people of this forum. I wonder if you're confusing hardcore fans with just "fans". The idea of being a fan of something i think is to enjoy something. When teams are bad or times are rough, its hard to be entertained by the product being offered, so of course most people who would consider themselves fans may not be interested during these times. Who has a good time with bad teams? Most people decide to spend their time and money on things that they will get enjoyment from at that point. The people here on this forum...well, we are a special breed. Honestly, it wouldn't be out of line to compare us to music groupies. We are the people who love football and our respective teams no matter what because we get enjoyment from football in good times and bad. That's not going to be the case for your average person and isn't typical. We are closer to being fanatics than the more accepted/general definition of the term "fan" (yes, i understand that one word derives from the other, but they do have different definitions and social representations).

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: