Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What if Sanchez has great year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Panthers WR Steve Smith told WFNZ Radio in Charlotte that he'd never let Mark Sanchez be his quarterback.
We don't typically blurb items like this, but this was too good to pass up. "He sucks," Smith stated in his typically blunt manner. "I wouldn’t let Mark Sanchez throw me a paper bag sandwich." And that's the bottom line from No. 89.

Props to JMG on the sig
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Quote:

Panthers WR Steve Smith told WFNZ Radio in Charlotte that he'd never let Mark Sanchez be his quarterback.
We don't typically blurb items like this, but this was too good to pass up. "He sucks," Smith stated in his typically blunt manner. "I wouldn’t let Mark Sanchez throw me a paper bag sandwich." And that's the bottom line from No. 89.

That is pretty hilarious.

I understand the potential wisdom of sitting Geno for a year, but as a fan i really can't stomach the idea of watch Sanchez bungle and blunder and look scared out there for another season.

In the end i really think it should come down to whoever actually WINS the battle for the starting spot. If Geno comes out and legitimately looks better than Sanchez then he should startm especially the way the NFL is now with rookies seemingly doing pretty well right out of the gate. If he can't beat Sanchez then he apparently needs more work than I thought he does.

I see Geno ending up as our starting QB day 1, I think he is a more ready made starter than several of the rookie QB's who played last year(Tannehill, Weeden, even Counsins who played well when he was needed).
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Quote:

I was listening to that radio show yesterday, Steve Smith is a regular on there and I heard what he said. After they got back from a commercial break, Steve apologized for his comment and said he meant no disrespect to Sanchez, he stated that comment was a little tongue in cheek. Now he didn't excuse the way Sanchez has played, but I do think that his comment is being a bit overblown. But even if he did truly mean it, that wouldn't surprise me. Sanchez had one of the worst years a QB could have last year, and even with some of his early success the NFL is a "What have you done for me lately?" league and people will only focus on last season.

I will say though, that Sanchez has been better than some of the QBs Steve Smith has played for down here in Carolina.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Davey

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is a paper bag sandwich?
jg6041

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
What the hell is a paper bag sandwich?

It's a sandwich made out of paper bags.

lol No I was wondering the same thing.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome lol. I do kind of feel bad for Mark Sanchez, but the guy doesn't exactly help himself.

A buddy of mine was on a benefit through the company he works for and got to meet Jeremy Kerley (who really is a tiny dude) and he asked Kerley what he thought of Sanchez' head band thing that he wears. Kerely's response was "I've told Chez its time to come out of the closet already, we'd still love him the same". Gotta love that Jeremy Kerely lol. (glad we didn't cut him...fml)

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jg6041

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Gotta love that Jeremy Kerely lol. (glad we didn't cut him...fml)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Now that's a great line!! Very funny!!

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
JMG

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
This is awesome lol. I do kind of feel bad for Mark Sanchez, but the guy doesn't exactly help himself.

A buddy of mine was on a benefit through the company he works for and got to meet Jeremy Kerley (who really is a tiny dude) and he asked Kerley what he thought of Sanchez' head band thing that he wears. Kerely's response was "I've told Chez its time to come out of the closet already, we'd still love him the same". Gotta love that Jeremy Kerely lol. (glad we didn't cut him...fml)
Laughing

[]_[] Family
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i knew you boys would like that last comment lol

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
FrankJets

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez will lose to Geno Smith
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankJets wrote:
Sanchez will lose to Geno Smith

But will it be because Sanchez plays terrible or because Geno plays great. If they are both average I would think Sanchez would start until he falls apart.

I think there is a sort of mystery surrounding Geno. Why did all those teams that needed a QB pass on him? My guess is they didn't see anything special about him. We can only hope they were wrong.
CallOfKtulu

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Geno starts week 1. I don't think I can stomach watching Sanchez again. If it was up to me, Sanchez wouldn't even be on the active roster.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ya'll better be rooting hard for the other 3 QBs if you don't want Sanchez on the roster.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured this would be the thread to post this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205758/article/mark-sanchez-reportedly-losing-ny-jets-locker-room

Brace yourselves: The anonymous Jet has struck again. His target? Mark Sanchez.
CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman talked with yet another unnamed New York Jets player who told him this week, "Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there's a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it's time to give someone else a chance."

The masked source estimated that 80 to 90 percent of the roster agrees. Naturally, none of the players have gone on record with that sentiment.
Sanchez struggled through a disastrous Wednesday practice lowlighted by three interceptions and general chaos, a display coach Rex Ryan classified as "unacceptable" and a "disappointment."

The miscues conjure up Sanchez's 52 turnovers over the past two seasons, a statistic tied to the quarterback's fierce tumble from grace in Florham Park. Granted, Sanchez was without wideouts Santonio Holmes or Stephen Hill on Wednesday, but so was rookie Geno Smith (who, if you're keeping score, threw one pick of his own on a day that saw neither passer flourish).

Can we just end this Mark Sanchez disaster? He busted hard. IMO Rex making it clear as day that he made a mistake with Mark would give him a better chance to save his job than hoping Mark can play respectably this year.

EDIT: fixed link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: