Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

rolando mcclain
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsypha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9155072&src=desktop

He so bad that he about to sign with the raven really
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you guys got your wish bills didn't bring him in and he signed a massive contract with ravens 1 year $700k good thing the bills aren't in need of an LB or anything and didn't have to break the bank on this guy

Thanks Max
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had nothing to do with contract, or need, or anything.

He SUCKS. He flat out, plain and simple, cannot play football at anything resembling a high level.

We ALREADY HAD THAT last year. It's not hard to figure out. We don't need more slow linebackers with terrible instincts who struggle in every single facet of the game. Who on top if that we don't know weather or not he'll even be motivated at all to even play.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullet dodged. Well done OBD!

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Rolando-McClain-Retires-From-NFL/38deabfe-b59b-43de-88cc-5e43c41d956c

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Bullet dodged. Well done OBD!

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Rolando-McClain-Retires-From-NFL/38deabfe-b59b-43de-88cc-5e43c41d956c

Laughing I was looking for this thread to post this same thing.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe now we can get him for even cheaper... Rolling Eyes

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"but he's such an upgrade over what we have!"

I'd rather have Kiko and his alcoholism than Slowlando. Thank god we dodged that one.
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm waiting for someone to complain because he didn't retire here.

any takers? you guys complain about everything else.

OT: Rolando's brave to do this. a 23 year old talented man with a ton of jack in the bank can feel pretty invincible. all the reasons in the world to stubbornly say, "i got this, i'm good," and continue on a downward slide. it's the best thing this kid can do for himself, which might allow him the opportunity to reach that potential everyone said he had.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

I'd rather have Kiko and his alcoholism than Slowlando. Thank god we dodged that one.

Off-topic, but that is the nature of conversations, so...I hope this draft isn't a sign that we are becoming the next Cincinnati Bengals. Character concerns in college have continued on to cause problems more often than not in the NFL. With the this year's draft + UDFA we added Alonso, Rogers, and Williams, all with their own issues. Taking a chance on one player per draft with a history of trouble doesn't bother me, but I hope selecting multiple players with questionable off-field histories doesn't become a trend here.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bumping this thread lol. Made my day

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an addition to the hilarity, there was a guy on my Twitter TL back when McClain this the waiver wire, who tweeted at Russ saying that they "better put in a claim on him or I'm done!" HAHAHAHAHAHA.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Off-topic, but that is the nature of conversations, so...I hope this draft isn't a sign that we are becoming the next Cincinnati Bengals. Character concerns in college have continued on to cause problems more often than not in the NFL. With the this year's draft + UDFA we added Alonso, Rogers, and Williams, all with their own issues. Taking a chance on one player per draft with a history of trouble doesn't bother me, but I hope selecting multiple players with questionable off-field histories doesn't become a trend here.

I think with the guys we selected their previous troubles are like at least 2 years behind them. Not really occurring things. Alonso's DUI was in 2010 IIRC. Rodgers had a lot of trouble but ive heard and seen interviews with him and I believe going to Tennessee Tech really brought him into reality. Like you mentioned he was an UDFA so the risk reward is definitely worth it. I don't think Buddy would have spent a 2nd on Alonso unless he knew for sure there were no issues.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Rodgers had a lot of trouble but ive heard and seen interviews with him and I believe going to Tennessee Tech really brought him into reality. Like you mentioned he was an UDFA so the risk reward is definitely worth it.

Rogers said that he passed about 10 drug tests while at Tennessee Tech. So there's also that.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Rodgers had a lot of trouble but ive heard and seen interviews with him and I believe going to Tennessee Tech really brought him into reality. Like you mentioned he was an UDFA so the risk reward is definitely worth it.

Rogers said that he passed about 10 drug tests while at Tennessee Tech. So there's also that.

Rogers seems to have been very humbled by the fact that his demeanor and his off field issues caused him to go undrafted. I believe him. And besides if he messes up, we cut him with no detriment.

With Alonso, he's been clean since the 2011 Rose Bowl, and I have faith that he'll continue to battle his demons (not an easy task, I assure you) and be a good player for us for a long time. He's been clean for a while now so I see no reason why going to the NFL would change it.

Williams, most of his off field stuff was immaturity (underaged possession and driving with a suspended license and no insurance after an accident) so I really don't know what he'll do.

We took some guys with red flags, but they aren't as glaring as they all were a year ago so, I think we'll be alright, I doubt we're turning into the new Bengals any time soon, though they made the playoffs two years in a row so, I'd kinda welcome that. Laughing
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the realm of people making terrible decisions:

what does anybody make of Mario [ALLEGEDLY] popping pills, breaking up with his finacee multiple times [/ALLEGEDLY] and then filing a law suit against her?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/17/williams-former-fiancee-at-impasse-over-ring/

maybe his career of fluctuating production is because he's a little nutty coo coo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: