Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muncy54

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a good one for you guys ... Dion Bailey USC lb plays the strong side and is a converted Safety, so you see the Kiffin connection

CAREER: He has 161 tackles (10 for losses) and 6 interceptions in his career. He has 24 career starts.

2013: The always-around-the-ball Bailey returns for his third year as a starting linebacker as a junior in 2013. He likely will miss 2013 spring practice while recuperating from 2012 post-season shoulder surgery.

2012: Bailey started for his second year at strongside linebacker as a sophomore in 2012 and had another impressive season. Overall in 2012 while starting all 13 games, he had 80 tackles (third on team), including 8 for losses (with 1 sack), plus 5 deflections, a forced fumble and a team-best 4 interceptions. His 4 interceptions were tied for second most by a linebacker in the nation in 2012. He made 2012 CollegeFootballNews.com Sophomore All-American honorable mention and All-Pac-12 honorable mention.

He had a team best 7 tackles (1 for a loss) against Hawaii, 8 tackles (1 for a loss) and 2 interceptions against Syracuse, 9 stops (1 for a loss), a deflection and an interception at Stanford and 8 stops against California. He had 3 tackles and a deflection at Utah, 7 tackles, an interception to set up a TD and forced a fumble at Washington and a tackle against Colorado. He had 9 tackles (2 for losses) at Arizona, 10 tackles (including 2 for losses, with a sack) against Oregon and a tackle against Arizona State. He had 8 tackles (1 for a loss) at UCLA, 4 tackles and 2 deflections against Notre Dame and 5 tackles against Georgia Tech.

2011: Bailey, who was moved from safety to linebacker prior to 2011 spring practice, earned the starting job on the strongside as a redshirt freshman in 2011 and had a stellar showing all season. Overall in 2011 while starting 11 games (all but Colorado), he tied for the team lead in tackles with 81, including 2 sacks, plus he had 2 deflections, 2 interceptions and a forced fumble. He and fellow linebacker Hayes Pullard were the first freshmen to lead USC in tackles since records were first kept in 1954. He suffered a concussion against Stanford and missed the Colorado game. He was named the 2011 Pac-12 Freshman Defensive Player of the Year and made the All-Pac-12 second team. He was the Defensive Freshman of the Year on the 2011 CollegeFootballNews.com Freshman All-American first team and made the 2011 Football Writers, Sporting News, CBSSports.com, YahooSports.com, FoxSportsNext.com and Phil Steele Freshman All-American first team. He made 2011 SI.com All-American honorable mention. He made the 2011 Phil Steele All-Pac-12 second team.

He had 7 tackles against Utah, then a team-best 9 tackles (with a sack) and a fumble recovery against Syracuse, a game-high 10 tackles (with a sack) and added a deflection at Arizona State, a game-high and career-best 14 tackles (the most by a USC freshman since Chris Claiborne's 20 in 1996 against Arizona State) and 1 deflection against Arizona and a team-best 8 tackles and 2 interceptions (the first in the endzone at the end of the first half to keep Cal scoreless as it was driving and the second late in the game to set up a USC TD) at California to earn College Football Performance Awards National Linebacker of the Week honors. He added 6 stops at Notre Dame, then a game-high 13 tackles against Stanford before suffering a concussion. After missing the Colorado game, he had 2 tackles against Washington, 7 tackles at Oregon and 5 tackles against UCLA.

2010: Bailey redshirted as a freshman safety in 2010, his first year at USC.

HIGH SCHOOL: His 2009 honors included Prep Star All-American, Prep Star Dream Team, Super Prep All-Farwest, Prep Star All-West, Orange County Register Fab 15 second team, Long Beach Press-Telegram Best in the West Best of the Rest, Tacoma News Tribune Western 100, Cal-Hi Sports All-State second team, All-CIF Pac-5 Division first team and All-Moore League first team as a senior defensive back at Lakewood (Calif.) High. He had 70 tackles, 8 deflections, 3 interceptions and 1 fumble recovery in 2009.

As a junior in 2008, he made Cal-Hi Sports All-State Underclass first team and All-Moore League. He had 72 tackles, 11 deflections, 9 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles in 2008.

PERSONAL: He is a policy, planning and development major at USC. He and 15 of his USC teammates spent 5 days in Haiti in the spring of 2012 building homes and assisting those in need.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont quote me on this, but I heard Bailey might be moving back to safety. Only 6'1, 210 pounds. Very good athlete, could be a better fit for him.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Dont quote me on this, but I heard Bailey might be moving back to safety. Only 6'1, 210 pounds. Very good athlete, could be a better fit for him.

Your prob right, he looks very undersized in the games I watched and his future prob there or WOLB
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get this stickied instead of FFMDII?

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figure I'd give my .02 worth on a handful of Hawkeyes going into the season. I'll probably update this sometime after the season.

TE - C.J. Fiedorowicz [6-7, 260]

C.J. is rated pretty high on numerous media boards, not entirely sure why at this point. Great size, solid athlete and as with all Iowa TEs is an excellent blocker. Biggest knock on CJ has been his hands, which quite honestly have not been good thus far in his career. If he squares that up he could be an excellent TE for some team. Current grade: 3th rd

LB - Anthony Hitchens [6-1, 225 pounds]

Would be an excellent fit in the new 4-3 scheme in Dallas. Not as big as fmr Hawkeye Chad Greenway, but similar in that he is outstanding in coverage, sure handed tackler, putting up 124 in '12n and constant hustle. Will need to add some weight. Hitchens is my favorite Hawkeye prospect. Current grade: 3rd rd

LB - James Morris [6-2, 230 pounds]

Not sure where Morris will fall. Morris will make a team somewhere. Not great athlete, but gets it done with guts and hustle. Solid leadership. Current grade: 4th/5th rd

LB - Christian Kirksey [6-2, 220 pounds]

Best playmaker on the Iowa defense last year, recording a pair of pick 6s and recovering 4 fumbles. Another guy who would fit very nicely in the Dallas defense. Kirksey could probably be listed as 1A as far as my favorite Hawkeye prospects. Little faster than Hitchens and if he puts together another solid season should be one the top OLB in the draft. Current grade: 2nd/3rd rd

OT - Brett Van Sloten [6-7, 305]

Will be a 2 year starter and given Ferentz track record with OL, I wouldn't bet against him being on a NFL roster come next Sept. Best fit will be at RT, which I think he will flourish in a ZBS. Current grade: 5th rd

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club

Last edited by WizardHawk on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a strong feeling that our first round pick will be a defensive end. Do we even have anyone other than Ware and Wilber signed up past this year?

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
I have a strong feeling that our first round pick will be a defensive end. Do we even have anyone other than Ware and Wilber signed up past this year?

My thinking is DT as I believe Crawford ends up sliding outside.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its unrelated to the draft, but just for the 2014 offseason in general...

Not only is Anthony Spencer playing this year under the franchise tag, but so is Henry Melton. I believe he is eligible to be tagged again, but wouldn't the price be astronomical for the Bears?

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I know its unrelated to the draft, but just for the 2014 offseason in general...

Not only is Anthony Spencer playing this year under the franchise tag, but so is Henry Melton. I believe he is eligible to be tagged again, but wouldn't the price be astronomical for the Bears?

The Bears need to worry about Peanut and Cutler before Melton. I expect to be able to snag him away.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:

I'd strongly consider giving up every pick we have in 2014 to get JaDeveon Clowney. He is an unbelievable talent.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
DreamEater53

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:

I'd strongly consider giving up every pick we have in 2014 to get JaDeveon Clowney. He is an unbelievable talent.

I second that notion, getting Clowney would seriously be a game changer for the Boys. Even if it means he is the only one we get in the draft class.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamEater53 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:

I second that notion, getting Clowney would seriously be a game changer for the Boys. Even if it means he is the only one we get in the draft class.

Love Clowney as much as anyone, but trading away an entire draft for a single player is a bad idea.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:

Love Clowney as much as anyone, but trading away an entire draft for a single player is a bad idea.

I was obviously being facetious, but I really do think that Clowney is one of those once-in-a-generation type players. If you have the chance to land a guy like that, you do it.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to have Cyril Richardson honestly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I'd like to have Cyril Richardson honestly

He or Yankey. I also like Long out of Nebraska.

^^^mack

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 4 of 91

Jump to: