Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking ahead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vonpolean

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Looking ahead Reply with quote

Position battles, who wins?

Starting RB

Ball vs. Hillman vs. McGahee vs. Moreno

4th WR

King vs. Holliday vs. Caldwell

3rd TE

Green vs. Thomas vs. Reed

Back up LT

Clark vs. Painter

DT

Vickerson vs. Williams

MLB

Irving vs. Bradley vs. Johnson

4th CB

Bolden vs. Webster vs. Carter

SS

Adams vs. Carter vs. Bruton
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking ahead Reply with quote

Vonpolean wrote:

Starting RB

4th WR

3rd TE

Back up LT

Clark vs. Painter

DT

Vickerson vs. Williams

MLB

4th CB

SS

I'll play along here.

RB: Montee Ball. I agree, I think he ends up winning this spot in TC. Staff seems pretty ready to let him get that chance.

4th WR: It's tough because of the dynamic of the WR position. Holliday is on this team regardless. But he's never seeing the WR position. I think it's either Tavarres King or Greg Orton, and truthfully, I'm giving the nod to Orton right now. The coaching staff seems to really like this guy.

3rd TE: I agree with Virgil Green. I do, however, think Julius Thomas makes the team. Again, the staff really seems to believe in him.

3rd OT: Disagree, it's gonna be Chris Clark. Painter is way too raw, and will probably land on the PS for this first year while he adjusts to the game.

DT: I agree here, I think Sly technically becomes the starter over Vickerson, but Vick will see a good number of snaps.

MLB: I think Nate Irving will win this spot. Bradley isn't out of the realm of possibility but if they were willing to go in with this cast, they have a good indication of who can get the job done.

4th CB: It's gonna be Bolden, IMO. I think Carter is the odd man out here, especially if Bolden plays well in TC.

SS: Mike Adams will be the starter, IMO, and Carter is the backup....at least to start the season. If Carter is healed and performs well, then he has inside track, but at least in the beginning, it's Adams' job to lose.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Vonpolean

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: If just if... Reply with quote

Say Peyton got hurt and Osweiler didnt play well and We somehow ended up with the first pick... Bridgewater or Clowney?
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking ahead Reply with quote

Starting RB

Ball

4th WR

King

3rd TE

Green

Back up LT

Clark

DT

Vickerson

MLB

Bradley

4th CB

Carter

SS

Carter
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you're doing here. I'll post battles for week 1, but That may not necessarily be the same choices if i were predicting week 17.

Starting RB

4th WR

Kingvs. Holliday vs. Caldwell

3rd TE

Back up LT

Clark vs. Painter

DT

Vickerson vs. Williams

MLB

4th CB

Bolden vs. Webster vs. Carter - i think webster will be on the Irving development plain. Fully expect him to be last on the depth chart all year.

SS

Adamsvs. Carter vs. Bruton

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: If just if... Reply with quote

Vonpolean wrote:
Say Peyton got hurt and Osweiler didnt play well and We somehow ended up with the first pick... Bridgewater or Clowney?
???? Did you mean to put this in a different thread?

Props to Jamison on the sig
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: If just if... Reply with quote

Vonpolean wrote:

If Peyton's injury is career ending - Bridgewater

If not - Probably still Bridgewater given that we know Osweiler isn't the answer in this scenario. IDK if the staff felt Peyton could come back again of maybe they still wanted to develop Brock you maybe take Clowney and then draft a QB in the 2nd round like we did with Brock.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: If just if... Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Vonpolean wrote:

If Peyton's injury is career ending - Bridgewater

If not - Probably still Bridgewater given that we know Osweiler isn't the answer in this scenario. IDK if the staff felt Peyton could come back again of maybe they still wanted to develop Brock you maybe take Clowney and then draft a QB in the 2nd round like we did with Brock.

No way. Jadaveon Clowney is the pick yesterday today and tomorrow.

You cant be serious? Clowney and Miller on the same team? No way Elway/Fox/Russell pass that up.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the depth of next years class means you take Clowney and a QB in that scenario.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Looking ahead Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Vonpolean wrote:

Starting RB

4th WR

3rd TE

Back up LT

Clark vs. Painter

DT

Vickerson vs. Williams

MLB

4th CB

SS

I'll play along here.

RB: Montee Ball. I agree, I think he ends up winning this spot in TC. Staff seems pretty ready to let him get that chance.

4th WR: It's tough because of the dynamic of the WR position. Holliday is on this team regardless. But he's never seeing the WR position. I think it's either Tavarres King or Greg Orton, and truthfully, I'm giving the nod to Orton right now. The coaching staff seems to really like this guy.

3rd TE: I agree with Virgil Green. I do, however, think Julius Thomas makes the team. Again, the staff really seems to believe in him.

3rd OT: Disagree, it's gonna be Chris Clark. Painter is way too raw, and will probably land on the PS for this first year while he adjusts to the game.

DT: I agree here, I think Sly technically becomes the starter over Vickerson, but Vick will see a good number of snaps.

MLB: I think Nate Irving will win this spot. Bradley isn't out of the realm of possibility but if they were willing to go in with this cast, they have a good indication of who can get the job done.

4th CB: It's gonna be Bolden, IMO. I think Carter is the odd man out here, especially if Bolden plays well in TC.

SS: Mike Adams will be the starter, IMO, and Carter is the backup....at least to start the season. If Carter is healed and performs well, then he has inside track, but at least in the beginning, it's Adams' job to lose.
I agree with 67 on all these positions. I initially see Sly on in nickle situations and big vick getting snaps on early downs. Totally agree about Clark. No way Painter is the backup this year or even next for that matter. The guys is as much of a project as Julius Thomas is/was.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Looking ahead Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
No way Painter is the backup this year or even next for that matter. The guys is as much of a project as Julius Thomas is/was.

I'd agree that Clark will probably be the back-up this year but am no where near as sure as you or 67 are that he's a multi-year project.

The OL game changes with Gibbs in the building. He's worked some real magic with rookie O-Linemen before. He did take Lepsis as an UDFA TE and within one year he was our backup and a solid starter in year two.

I'm really looking forward to the OL development this year.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Looking ahead Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
No way Painter is the backup this year or even next for that matter. The guys is as much of a project as Julius Thomas is/was.

I'd agree that Clark will probably be the back-up this year but am no where near as sure as you or 67 are that he's a multi-year project.

The OL game changes with Gibbs in the building. He's worked some real magic with rookie O-Linemen before. He did take Lepsis as an UDFA TE and within one year he was our backup and a solid starter in year two.

I'm really looking forward to the OL development this year.

I could see Painter being the swing OT in his second year. Even with Gibbs though, this guy is so raw that he would get destroyed on a football field right now. In another year...hey who knows.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: