Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical situation for next offseason...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
So we'd have Clowney, Quinn and Long? Is there anyway that all three of them could play at the same time? I don't really see the point in one of those guys standing on the sidelines.

Clowney is big enough, you can put him inside and he would still produce at an all-pro level.. It would truly be a scary D-line..
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
So we'd have Clowney, Quinn and Long? Is there anyway that all three of them could play at the same time? I don't really see the point in one of those guys standing on the sidelines.

Clowney is big enough, you can put him inside and he would still produce at an all-pro level.. It would truly be a scary D-line..

Isn't Long bigger and better suited to move inside? Quinn, Brockers, Long and Clowney on passing downs would be amazing.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Isn't Long bigger and better suited to move inside? Quinn, Brockers, Long and Clowney on passing downs would be amazing.

Nah Quinn & Long are pure edge rushers. Not that Clowney isnt, but he would be equally effective inside.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

yes because defensive linemen play every play. We'd rotate the three keeping them all fresh and play Clowney inside on passing plays. Along with Brockers are defensive front would be insane. God would I love to get Clowney.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

You don't put Clowney inside. It would be like only having Austin run deep routes. Clowney is a freakish edge rusher. You let Quinn and Long start until Clowney is ready then you plug Clowney in at RDE with Quinn rotating with both and coming in on passing downs with the other two(with Long or Clowney playing DT in just those situations).

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

You don't put Clowney inside. It would be like only having Austin run deep routes. Clowney is a freakish edge rusher. You let Quinn and Long start until Clowney is ready then you plug Clowney in at RDE with Quinn rotating with both and coming in on passing downs with the other two(with Long or Clowney playing DT in just those situations).

Chris Long could definitely fill the same type of role Justin Tuck filled a few years ago with NYG, where he was a 3rd defensive end @ DT on passing downs.

3rd and 11 against Long, Brockers, Quinn, Clowney

*shudder*
FRO

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I would love to get Clowney, I wouldn't mind another RG3 type trade. That deal has put our rebuilding efforts a year and a half in advance.

Next year our needs will probably be:
Safety
Right Tackle
Runningback
Offensive Guard
Defensive Tackle
Possible another WR
If Bradford fails, and I don't think he will, a QB
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
While I would love to get Clowney, I wouldn't mind another RG3 type trade. That deal has put our rebuilding efforts a year and a half in advance.

Safety
Right Tackle
Runningback
Offensive Guard
Defensive Tackle
Possible another WR

I would love another RGIII trade and with next years QB class that could be completely possible. That being said god would it be hard to pass on someone of Clowney's caliber.
Emcee

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
FRO wrote:

Safety
Right Tackle
Runningback
Offensive Guard
Defensive Tackle
Possible another WR

I would love another RGIII trade and with next years QB class that could be completely possible. That being said god would it be hard to pass on someone of Clowney's caliber.

That would be both a wonderful and terrible choice to have to make. In the end it would depend on what people offer.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this would be all about buckling up my seat belt. Strapping on a huge smile and watching Snead go to work.

Pick 2 and 13
DistantRam

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original question is what would we do if a trade were unavailable.

In that (highly unlikely) scenario, there are two options: you either reach for an inferior player at a position of need or you take the best player available. If Bradford has had a good season, as stipulated in the opening post, you don't take a quarterback. Therefore, you take Clowney if he's available.

What would happen if Clowney is gone and we can't find a trade partner? Take the best non-quarterback available, no matter what position.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The original question is what would we do if a trade were unavailable.

In that (highly unlikely) scenario, there are two options: you either reach for an inferior player at a position of need or you take the best player available. If Bradford has had a good season, as stipulated in the opening post, you don't take a quarterback. Therefore, you take Clowney if he's available.

What would happen if Clowney is gone and we can't find a trade partner? Take the best non-quarterback available, no matter what position.

If the high pick is caused by the Redskins record, we will undoubtedly be in a unique situation. Who knows what will actually look enticing with that pick by next year. Too bad there isn't an Adrian Peterson type of prospect.

I think most likely if we don't find a trade partner we go WR, S, DL or OL/RT - I'm hoping we find a way to keep Saffold. He seems contempt to play RT and is happy having a JOB. If we can sign him on a good deal I could see him staying, choosing the up and coming team. (I know it is homerism by a long shot, but we really have a solid core that is heading into primetime)

Pick 2 and 13
vikes635

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Guess is take bpa obviously or go with corner/o-line can never have to much depth there

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: