Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots release DL Kyle Love; Claimed by Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sciz

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
I know Cutler is a QB but isn't he diabetic?
From the very little knowledge of diabetes that I have, I'm pretty sure the weight makes a big difference.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:

Type I. Big difference.

Yeah, the big difference being that type 1 diabetes (Jay Cutler) is much worse and more difficult to manage then type 2 (Kyle Love)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
clubmember

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor guy Crying or Very sad He had some potential in this league.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
Rather have Kyle Love over Colin Cole as our backup..

If he was able to play, he wouldn't have been cut.

Love can still play with Type-2 diabetes, I have a brother n law with it and he works 60+ hrs per week. All Love has to do is keep an eye on it.

Right but your brother in law is trying to live with it. If you want get out of Type II (frequently quite doable) you lose weight. If your job involves being a tubby guy it's not a great fit to do both, right?

Desk job =/= professional fat man

Quote:
“Having consulted with leading authorities on the effects of Type-2 diabetes, we have every reason to believe that Kyle will, in the immediate future, be at 100 percent, and will be prepared to participate in training camp in a couple of months," Kopelman concluded. "As Kyle said, 'there is no way something like this is going to stand between me and a long and successful NFL career.'”

[sic]

Several prominent players have succeeded in the NFL despite known diabetes diagnoses. Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in 2008, two years after the Denver Broncos selected him in the first round. Three-time Pro Bowl defensive end Michael Sinclair, who racked up 73.5 sacks for the Seattle Seahawks between 1992 and 2001, was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes late in his career. And offensive guard Kendall Simmos started 83 games for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills from 2002 through 2009 as a Type 1.5 (Latent Autoimmune) diabetic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-release-defensive-tackle-kyle-love-diabetes-diagnosis-215850735.html

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type 1 is when you have no insulin so you cant take up sugar so youre injecting yourself with shots of insulin. As long as you are taking it on time you can live fairly normally. Jay Culter is doing it. Granted hes not like a super athletic position but still.

Type 2 is acquired diabetes. your insulin receptors get numb from being bombarded with so much sugar. Being fat is a fast ticket to it.

As for him, there are so many fat DTs who dont have type 2 diabetes. So this guy clearly failed somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
green24 wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:

Type I. Big difference.

Yeah, the big difference being that type 1 diabetes (Jay Cutler) is much worse and more difficult to manage then type 2 (Kyle Love)

my understanding is that type 1 is easily controlled and type 2 isn't. Were looking at it from the point of of a 330lb DT
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Type 1 is when you have no insulin so you cant take up sugar so youre injecting yourself with shots of insulin. As long as you are taking it on time you can live fairly normally. Jay Culter is doing it. Granted hes not like a super athletic position but still.

Type 2 is acquired diabetes. your insulin receptors get numb from being bombarded with so much sugar. Being fat is a fast ticket to it.

As for him, there are so many fat DTs who dont have type 2 diabetes. So this guy clearly failed somewhere.

Or he was pre despossed to it. To say he failed somewhere without knowing the facts is unfair on him.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Grachuus

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Grachuus wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
Rather have Kyle Love over Colin Cole as our backup..

If he was able to play, he wouldn't have been cut.

Love can still play with Type-2 diabetes, I have a brother n law with it and he works 60+ hrs per week. All Love has to do is keep an eye on it.

Right but your brother in law is trying to live with it. If you want get out of Type II (frequently quite doable) you lose weight. If your job involves being a tubby guy it's not a great fit to do both, right?

Desk job =/= professional fat man

Quote:
“Having consulted with leading authorities on the effects of Type-2 diabetes, we have every reason to believe that Kyle will, in the immediate future, be at 100 percent, and will be prepared to participate in training camp in a couple of months," Kopelman concluded. "As Kyle said, 'there is no way something like this is going to stand between me and a long and successful NFL career.'”

[sic]

Several prominent players have succeeded in the NFL despite known diabetes diagnoses. Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in 2008, two years after the Denver Broncos selected him in the first round. Three-time Pro Bowl defensive end Michael Sinclair, who racked up 73.5 sacks for the Seattle Seahawks between 1992 and 2001, was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes late in his career. And offensive guard Kendall Simmos started 83 games for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills from 2002 through 2009 as a Type 1.5 (Latent Autoimmune) diabetic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-release-defensive-tackle-kyle-love-diabetes-diagnosis-215850735.html

1) Kyle love is not playing a position where he can be at "only" 300 lbs. The fellows you mentioned played at least 40 lbs lighter(Simmons), 80lbs (Sinclair), and over 100lbs (Cutler). I understand where you're going and I'm not saying folks with diabetes can't be competitive athletes. Many people with many ailments live very long and extremely productive lives. However, when someone claims a desk jockey justifies their position it's a little silly, no?

2) Most players say they will continue being awesome and playing football look at guys like Merriman who did jack squat nothing after his PED issue. "Oh those things don't matter IMA do awesome guys!" This isn't to say that the players goals are unachievable or a lie just that reality is the new life challenges are a significant impediment to those goals for an already taxing job.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Grachuus

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:

Or he was pre despossed to it. To say he failed somewhere without knowing the facts is unfair on him.

That's very true. The easiest way I think about it is that every person is an insulin factory. Each factory has a capacity. That capacity can be really low or really high. When you exceed your capacity (usually by gaining weight) you're type II. Not everyone has the same capacity. Thus claiming Love did something wrong is incredibly off the mark.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Former Patriots DL Kyle Love claimed by Jaguars on waivers, per source.

http://twitter.com/MikeReiss/statuses/335127130407067648
Tom Brady Tribute
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Jags should still take a look at him

oh hey

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... so this is the 2nd Pats reject defensive lineman the Jaguars have claimed... Interesting.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Jaguars were the only team to put in a claim on DL Kyle Love.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/335134355443810304
Tom Brady Tribute
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Jaguars were the only team to put in a claim on DL Kyle Love.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/335134355443810304
So apparently the Patriots aren't the only team that's a little hesitant about putting a morbidly obese player with diabetes on the field.
adamq

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
From the very little knowledge of diabetes that I have, I'm pretty sure the weight makes a big difference.

It does. My father has type 1 diabetes, and at his worst he was just over 40 years old and around 350 pounds... He was hospitalized 3 times within a year before finally finding an effective way to drop weight. Being that big puts so much pressure on your heart it's very dangerous..

-kiltman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: