Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Steelers Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MLB analyst Gabe Zaldivar and I got together to share our picks for which players are going to win Rookie of the Year awards this season, and our picks should please fans of the Minnesota Twins, Tampa Bay Rays, San Diego Padres and Pittsburgh Pirates.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1581155-2013-mlb-rookie-of-the-year-predictions-at-the-end-of-spring-training?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15#

Article about possible Rookie of the Years but it ended there... anyone know who they are referring to???

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Quote:
MLB analyst Gabe Zaldivar and I got together to share our picks for which players are going to win Rookie of the Year awards this season, and our picks should please fans of the Minnesota Twins, Tampa Bay Rays, San Diego Padres and Pittsburgh Pirates.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1581155-2013-mlb-rookie-of-the-year-predictions-at-the-end-of-spring-training?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15#

Article about possible Rookie of the Years but it ended there... anyone know who they are referring to???

Gerrit Cole??? I know he went back to the minors but a possible move to the club in May?

I'm not really sure but I don't think Starling Marte still qualifies.

Your guess is as good as mine JD.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Quote:

Gerrit Cole??? I know he went back to the minors but a possible move to the club in May?

I'm not really sure but I don't think Starling Marte still qualifies.

Your guess is as good as mine JD.

You're correct about Marte. I just checked it out and in order to be still considered a rookie a batter must have 130 or less at bats. He had 167 last season. The only player I can think of now is Cole. However, like you mentioned, he was sent back to the minors which would hurt his chances unless he gets called up shortly after the season.

Hard to believe the season starts next week. Especially as I look outside and see all the snow where I live.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the opener. I don't mind it being in the fortys but I hope it don't rain.

I'm not 100% sure about the rule but if the Pirates kept Cole on the opening day roster don't they lose a year of rights to him?

I'll look it up but I think that's how it goes.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Neumatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who nailed his interview yesterday and got called back today to get offered the job. Cool

Jamison. on the sig
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Guess who nailed his interview yesterday and got called back today to get offered the job. Cool

congrats Neu.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/9176831/rushel-shell-transfer-ucla-bruins-pitt-panthers-reports-say

Shell transferring to UCLA.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooooo Hooooo!!!!

I have to get security clearance first, but I just got a job offer for a new job.

First salary job w/benefits I'll ever have. The security clearance will be a gigantic boost to my career. Money will be about the same as my current job, but the clearance is everything.

Yes, every now and then, something good happens.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Wooooo Hooooo!!!!

I have to get security clearance first, but I just got a job offer for a new job.

First salary job w/benefits I'll ever have. The security clearance will be a gigantic boost to my career. Money will be about the same as my current job, but the clearance is everything.

Good stuff man...congrats.

I had a securtiy clearance in the military. Only secret...but its nice to have.

Friend of mine has a TOP secret clearance....dude banks.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Wooooo Hooooo!!!!

congrats man, that's awesome!!!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

yeah, once my shoulder is finally fixed and I submit my retirement, I'm hoping to take advntage of this as well once I get a real job
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
Wooooo Hooooo!!!!

Good stuff man...congrats.

I had a securtiy clearance in the military. Only secret...but its nice to have.

Yep... got one too... proof they're not that hard to get! Laughing

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still Steelers talk but didn't want to start a new thread.... Schefter posted that Joe Greene has retired from our player personnel department.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfl.si.com/2013/05/15/rolando-mcclain-cements-status-as-a-bust-with-early-retirement/?xid=nl_siextra

Rolando McClain retires. So I guess that signing didn't work out for the Ravens... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stillersenat

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Wooooo Hooooo!!!!

So today was my last day at my old job and Tuesday starts the new job. My old job was going downhill so fast:

I was 4th in experience there. The lady with the 3rd most experience quit a week ago for another job. My department hired 2 more people. One lady was terminated after 10 days for inability to get up to speed with everyone else. The other guy they hired quit today. To top that off, the stress of the job forced my old boss to take a week off-doctor's orders.

I am so glad I am not there anymore.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 100 of 102

Jump to: