Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Bills Rookie MC thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: 2013 Bills Rookie MC thread Reply with quote

Figured I'd get it open since they opened camp today. Nothing about who's playing well cept in the twitterverse but I don't use twitter so I have no idea Laughing

Hope Kiko and EJ look good, we're going to need those two to step up.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp, Woods was the star of day one, looked fluid in and out of his breaks and seemed the most polished out of all our rookie pass catchers. Kaufman made the catch of the day by one handing a high ball, think he might stick as our #5/#6 big bodied threat/ST ace. Goodwin was fast fast fast fast fast, EJ apparently couldn't believe just how fast he is. Rogers looked shaky, struggled with learning some drills but that was seen as normal, he's an UDFA and has some jitters, but once he got going he began to shine, showed the athleticism that made him what many thought a first round pick.

EJ looked solid, though he continues to have his footwork retooled and showed that even in practice he struggles with consistent ball placement. But hopefully that will come with time. Tuel looks to have the tools (heh, puns, I hope we keep him cause he's a gold mine of em) to be a back-up in the league. Think he makes the 53 when it's all said and done.

Duke will be playing safety primarily, but the coaches say he'll be used as a nickel corner as well. Vernon Kearney looked the best of our UDFA defenders. Robey looked tough, but his size worked against him during plays where, had he been 5 10-11 he'd have caused an incompletion.

Will put up more as I see it.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Whelp, Woods was the star of day one, looked fluid in and out of his breaks and seemed the most polished out of all our rookie pass catchers. Kaufman made the catch of the day by one handing a high ball, think he might stick as our #5/#6 big bodied threat/ST ace. Goodwin was fast fast fast fast fast, EJ apparently couldn't believe just how fast he is. Rogers looked shaky, struggled with learning some drills but that was seen as normal, he's an UDFA and has some jitters, but once he got going he began to shine, showed the athleticism that made him what many thought a first round pick.

EJ looked solid, though he continues to have his footwork retooled and showed that even in practice he struggles with consistent ball placement. But hopefully that will come with time. Tuel looks to have the tools (heh, puns, I hope we keep him cause he's a gold mine of em) to be a back-up in the league. Think he makes the 53 when it's all said and done.

Duke will be playing safety primarily, but the coaches say he'll be used as a nickel corner as well. Vernon Kearney looked the best of our UDFA defenders. Robey looked tough, but his size worked against him during plays where, had he been 5 10-11 he'd have caused an incompletion.

Will put up more as I see it.

Good looks. Looking forward to seeing how the WR's pan out on the depth chart most. Kaufman seems to be a hot name lately.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm interested to see how the WR core pans out.. SJ and Woods likely starters but who knows.

Keep these reports coming bro, good reads

Edit - Kaufman sounds like David Nelson 2.0, which isn't a bad thing
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid read. Not a huge Joe B fan either.

http://www.wgr550.com/Buscaglia--Thoughts-from-Bills-rookie-mini-camp/16322520

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 2:

Well coach Marrone wanted more speed, he sure as hell got it. Goodwin is, again, one of the fastest human beings on the planet. He just flew by defenders all day. If the QB's can hit him in stride (something I'll touch on shortly) he'll be a superb deep threat. If he can catch that is. Though he's now 100% devoted to football, which is a positive. In his second scrimmage, Woods looks again like the real deal. He was getting separation all day, his ability to get free off defenders and make plays for the ball was great. He showed great concentration all day, high pointing and catching tipped passes which our receivers last year no doubt drop or get intercepted (though having competent QB's throwing the ball helps). Rogers looked better today, the rust being kicked off a bit as he allowed himself to let go. He seems, by all accounts, contrite and hungry for this, which can only be a good thing for us. Kaufman didn't make any head turners but was solid, Kevin Norell was sidelined with a foot injury so he was the only one who didn't participate.

Now, on the the QB's. EJ, and Tuel, both struggled initially with adjusting to Goodwin's speed, the each underthrew him on wide open deep plays twice. EJ again was up and down today, as expected, he over or underthrew several passes but when he was on, by was he on. He lazered the play of the day over bracket coverage right into Woods hands. Tuel on the other hand looked solid and consistent all day, despite lacking reps he turned in a solid performance, he made a superb throw on an out to the far hash right over Chris Hogans shoulder.

The defense showed marked improvement (and speed) over yesterday. Goodwin drew most of the defensive attention, but a lot of guys played well. The guy looking the best was tiny Nickell Robey, who looked like a far better slot man in his limited time than Rogers did all last season, he came away with 2 deflections and a pick 6, and showed the chip on his shoulder was mountain sized all day. Duke rotated in and out of the slot and the safety position again today. He showed quickness and good movement but didn't get many looks at either spot. Meeks was... there. Kiko looked ok, not good, not great, but not bad.
Hootlander

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being we need a big fast pass catching TE how did Gragg look so far. Hopefully he is another 7th round gem like Stevie.

Peace
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if all our offensive rookies pan out.. In 3 years we could be as explosive as the Saints are right now.

Manuel, Spiller, Gragg, Woods, Stevie, and Rodgers. Unbelievable weapons.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Imagine if all our offensive rookies pan out.. In 3 years we could be as explosive as the Saints are right now.

You forgot captain speedy. Wink I think he takes Grahams roster spot TBH. No reason to have both on the roster.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

You forgot captain speedy. Wink I think he takes Grahams roster spot TBH. No reason to have both on the roster.

I think Graham gets another opportunity.. Goodwin is still raw IMO but hopefully Woods, Goodwin, Rogers and Kaufman all make it.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

I think Graham gets another opportunity.. Goodwin is still raw IMO but hopefully Woods, Goodwin, Rogers and Kaufman all make it.
Graham for the most part had a really solid rookie season despite being raw. When he first showed up he was just a speed guy. He has improved drastically everyday. He looks really good in OTAs. Makes me feel better about our slot position.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Graham for the most part had a really solid rookie season despite being raw. When he first showed up he was just a speed guy. He has improved drastically everyday. He looks really good in OTAs. Makes me feel better about our slot position.

I'd have to agree, if we cut Graham for Goodwin i'd be thoroughly upset. Graham is much farther along of becomng a full WR rather then just a speed guy. Also no reason we can't have both, Depth is always a good thing.

Johnson, Rodger
Graham, Goodwin
Woods, Kaufman

Brad Smith gets the axe, Hogan gets the PS

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: