Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens re-sign TE Dennis Pitta to 1-year deal, Signed tender
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Ravens re-sign TE Dennis Pitta to 1-year deal, Signed tender Reply with quote

Quote:
#Ravens TE Dennis Pitta has signed his restricted free agent tender.

http://twitter.com/Ravens/statuses/334028440082731009

The 1-year tender is worth $2.023 million.

Pitta set career highs across the board with 61 catches for 669 yards and 7 TDs in 2012, he also recorded 3 additional TDs in the playoffs.

Tom Brady Tribute
green24

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Top 100 is such a joke. Laughing
Loveless

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats good i guess, guy did win me a couple of games on fantasy.... Think
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Because of Dennis pitta?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Because of Dennis pitta?

No. That's just an example of it. Tebow and Kuhn are much better examples. Pitta is a good player, but he is not top 100 in all of football.
Alpha

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Pitta the fool.

1st and Gore
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaQHard wrote:
I Pitta the fool.

Nice.

He had a pretty good year last year, he should continue the progression this season with Flacco.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take that picture down PLEASE Wink

Top 100... Not talking

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Haters gon hate!

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Because of Dennis pitta?

No. That's just an example of it. Tebow and Kuhn are much better examples. Pitta is a good player, but he is not top 100 in all of football.

Pray tell, why isn't he a top 100 player?

He was #100, contrary to what many non-Ravens fans on this site believe about Boldin, it was Dennis Pitta who was Joe Flacco's safety valve all season. He was his 3rd down machine. And with defenses putting so much extra attention on Pitta in the playoffs and towards the end of the season, Flacco went to Pitta less and Boldin more.

Sure Boldin had more receptions, but Pitta was the more important and I'd argue better player last season. Which player is better is arguable IMO, so if Boldin is a top 100 player... Pitta being THE #100 player in this league is certainly not some sort of "joke". He earned it with big time plays in key moments for clutch results.

And if Pitta weren't such a talented receiving TE in this league... why is he on so many people's "breakout TE list"? He's already been making big time plays, that's why. They're not just shooting BBs in the dark and hoping to bring down a deer.

I'd like to hear a good argument as to why Dennis Pitta ISN'T a top 100 player? I could care less about Tebow and Kuhn. I see nothing egregious here with Pitta to be subjected to a good laugh at the thought of him populated this list.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
green24 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Because of Dennis pitta?

He was #100, contrary to what many non-Ravens fans on this site believe about Boldin, it was Dennis Pitta who was Joe Flacco's safety valve all season. He was his 3rd down machine. And with defenses putting so much extra attention on Pitta in the playoffs and towards the end of the season, Flacco went to Pitta less and Boldin more.

Sure Boldin had more receptions, but Pitta was the more important and I'd argue better player last season. Which player is better is arguable IMO, so if Boldin is a top 100 player... Pitta being THE #100 player in this league is certainly not some sort of "joke". He earned it with big time plays in key moments for clutch results.

And if Pitta weren't such a talented receiving TE in this league... why is he on so many people's "breakout TE list"? He's already been making big time plays.

I'd like to hear a good argument as to why Dennis Pitta ISN'T a top 100 player? I could care less about Tebow and Kuhn. I see nothing egregious here with Pitta to be subjected to a good laugh at the thought of him populated this list.

My first comment was just in response to the top 100 picture being used in the OP.

Although he is a very good TE, I do not think he is top 100 in all of football. Everything you said about him being a talented receiving TE is completely true, but that still does not make him one of the 100 best players in all of football. He is far from the worst player on the list and it's not completely awful that he is on it; however, I am sure that there are a handful of players left off the list that deserved that spot over him. We don't know who this year's snubs are, but last year players such as Mario Williams, Joe Haden, Nick Mangold, Cameron Wake, Duane Brown, Brandon Marshall, Brandon Flowers, and Matt Ryan were left off.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
green24 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Because of Dennis pitta?

And if Pitta weren't such a talented receiving TE in this league... why is he on so many people's "breakout TE list"? He's already been making big time plays.

This, everyone just seems to look at stats. People seem to think Boldin is some kind of god, and we're not a play off team without him, when it's pretty clear Boldin is basically a smaller slower TE that needs the ball forced to him, and was getting his numbers from Torrey gathering double teams, and #1 corners. And with all the talk about how great his hands are, he's dropped some balls in some pretty big moments. If you had to give me one of Pitta or Boldin, I'd take Pitta.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

My first comment was just in response to the top 100 picture being used in the OP.

Although he is a very good TE, I do not think he is top 100 in all of football. Everything you said about him being a talented receiving TE is completely true, but that still does not make him one of the 100 best players in all of football. He is far from the worst player on the list and it's not completely awful that he is on it; however, I am sure that there are a handful of players left off the list that deserved that spot over him. We don't know who this year's snubs are, but last year players such as Mario Williams, Joe Haden, Nick Mangold, Cameron Wake, Duane Brown, Brandon Marshall, Brandon Flowers, and Matt Ryan were left off.

That wasn't clear. Neither of your responses hadn't mentioned that aspect.

But even still, the list isn't saying Dennis Pitta is #50 or something. He's the 100th best.

It's a polling that leads to a list. If I polled FF for their top 100 players of 2012, don't you think their would be some surefire honorable mentions that we could argue belonged in the top 100 somewhere?

I'm not arguing against the likes of Tebow and Kuhn, like I said, I'm arguing that at spot 100, it's basically a glorified HM. I'm sure the poll probably had a tight enough grouping between a good 15-20 guys for those last ten spots on this list. And I'm sure some will be major snubs and some will be guys we might think could have been top 100 players.

So for a worthy talent in this league, like Pitta to be the 100th best player... I see nothing wrong with him being in that range. You'd have to find me a good 10-15 players not listed on the list (though it's not completed), that are obviously better than Pitta to justify him not being worthy of his spot IMO. He certainly has an argument for his spot.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or is the 2010 TE class ridiculous?

Gronk, Graham, Pitta, Hernandez, Gresham, Moeaki, Dickson, hell even Andrew Quarless and Anthony McCoy have some promise to be good players in the NFL.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats ,they cant afford to let him walk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: