Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ware and Beastly, sitting in a tree... P.R.A.C.T.I.C.I.N.G.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Hopefully those classes will help, especially Bernadeau and Livings. I guess with them wanting Smith to bulk up, we're going to be running more MBS this season which makes sense with the addition of Frederick.

Apparently Frederick weighed in at 317 the other day. That's a big center.

I believe i saw a tweet that said if the season started today he would be the biggest center in the league. Good or bad?

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Hopefully those classes will help, especially Bernadeau and Livings. I guess with them wanting Smith to bulk up, we're going to be running more MBS this season which makes sense with the addition of Frederick.

I believe i saw a tweet that said if the season started today he would be the biggest center in the league. Good or bad?

I think good for MBS. Bad for ZBS. He won't get pushed back, or bullied back. I don't see him moving well on screens and swings though. He should help our running game up the middle and he will help set the pocket in the passing game.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
superfly3176

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Frederick play at like 340 in college?
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superfly3176 wrote:

That's what Wisconsin listed him at, but hard to say colleges tend to inflate height and weights of players.

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
It's nice to hear but living in Philly, I'm hearing all of the same things out of the Iggles coaches and players. I guess it is just the norm for many teams this time of year. They are all saying the same thing. I mean, do you really think any of them are saying things are going poorly at mincamps?

But again, anything positive is good news.

Everyone is amazing this time of year. Don't you remember all the hype bs about what great camps Bobbie Carpenter was having, and how he was gonna break out every year? He's not even in the nfl now.

Barbie was as impressive as they come when in shorts and a t-shirt. Too bad he played like a girl when the pads came on.

I do agree that none of this means a whole lot, but some of it is still encouraging.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:

That's what Wisconsin listed him at, but hard to say colleges tend to inflate height and weights of players.

I heard 340 as well. If you click the link in the Fredereck thread it explains that he lost 30 lbs. in 6 weeks to prepare for the combine. That explained his low bech reps.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Bad. I think he too often looks to not have the quickness to get his man in the gap blocked on a regular basis, I was thinking that he might have recovered enough quickness because of the weight loss but everything coming out of rookie camp points to that it's still a problem.
- I think that it's best for Frederick to bulk up to about 330 and play guard. How athletic he is, doesn't really seem to be as affected by his weight that one should think. The numbers at the combine he put up at 317 aren't really as far off what I'd have expected from him at his weight in the college season heavier.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you drop 30lbs in 6weeks its impossible not to lose strength and usually itll be significant.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
When you drop 30lbs in 6weeks its impossible not to lose strength and usually itll be significant.

Also, I believe I heard that Wisconsin linemen typically underperform on things like the bench press at the combine, because they train for max weight over reps while in school.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Also, I believe I heard that Wisconsin linemen typically underperform on things like the bench press at the combine, because they train for max weight over reps while in school.

Never understood the bench press thing anyway. I would think squat would be more applicable to Oline.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
It's nice to hear but living in Philly, I'm hearing all of the same things out of the Iggles coaches and players. I guess it is just the norm for many teams this time of year. They are all saying the same thing. I mean, do you really think any of them are saying things are going poorly at mincamps?

Everyone is amazing this time of year. Don't you remember all the hype bs about what great camps Bobbie Carpenter was having, and how he was gonna break out every year? He's not even in the nfl now.

Barbie was as impressive as they come when in shorts and a t-shirt. Too bad he played like a girl when the pads came on.

What would you expect from a Buckeye? We're lucky that he was able to put his pads on correctly.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

THought they said he played at 335 at Wisconsin last year.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

What would you expect from a Buckeye? We're lucky that he was able to put his pads on correctly.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What can Michigan fans and Florida fans agree on?

Attention LR!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What can Michigan fans and Florida fans agree on?

Attention LR!

I take offense to that, that might very well be my alma matter someday Laughing

^^^Deadpulse
BigD88

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

My new favorite poster. Laughing

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: