Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Future of Tanard Jackson
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
So-- why do you think he hasn't been sent packing already ?? I really don't get it .. Makes me think they DO have plans for him .

If I had to guess, I'd say that there's no harm in keeping him. What happens if we have one of our safeties blow out a knee in the fourth preseason game? If we cut him now, we'd have to scramble for a replacement whereas if we keep him, we have a guy who nominally knows our system even if he hasn't played much. If he's out of shape or a chucklehead, then you cut him and you're in the same position you would be if you cut him now. At least in that situation, you can evaluate him for his playing ability instead of just taking a wild guess.

I believe he doesn't count against the cap until he's reactivated, so there's really no reason to hang onto his rights for the time being.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: