Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

8th Round - 2013 UDFA Signings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gohogs14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Here are my thoughts on the UDFAS.

Dennis Johnson. Not good in pass pro

Hmm. I thought he was our best pass protector

KevinMack34

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are going to love Boren, he will be a player in this league.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

- Colin Klein? Why? Unless we plan on moving him back to WR, I can't see this guy doing much. Maybe Kubiak sees something he can work with, but the mechanics are ability to read a D is less than stellar with this one. Can't see him stick around past TC. Maybe he's a PS stash, and we keep ol' Case the Coogie on the roster.

- Uzoma Nwachukwu. Hmm, would have rather drafted HIM and let Bonner be the UDFA. Seems like a similar player. Guy was coming on as a 2/3 tweener at A&M before Ken Sumlin and Johnny Football hit the scene with their whacky "spread 'em out and run 'em everywhere" offense. At the least, we can officially start the "Jeff Maehl retirement countdown" right now.

- I openly wonder how Alec Lemon went undrafted. Productive in four years for a big school, had a career year, good size and good speed. Nothing fantastic, but better than Bonner. Right?

- Of the RBs, Cierre Wood is the guy I like the most. Not saying much, I'm not too high on any of these guys. Have NO idea why Ray Graham is here, he's slow and small. If they're just picking up 5' 9" guys with no speed, I should have turned in my resume. Dennis Johnson might be our opening day KR guy, seems like he's got a knack for finding the hold and running like the wind.

- Johnny Adams might be one of the better nickel CBs on this team. Not because he's good, but because the rest of the guys are bad. We better plan on using that 3 S set a LOT this year, and I mean a LOT this year.

- Justin Tuggle. Wow, is this one strange or what. Former QB, very highly rated QB, moving to LB. About as productive as me in college (I had a few flag grabs, caught a few TDs and even threw one in intermurals). Hmm. If he's anything like his dad - former Atlanta Falcons Pro Bowl MLB Jessie Tuggle - then this could work out. But, I doubt he's like his dad. Oh well. kenney, need a "camp fodder" post, STAT.

- Well, I'll be damned. Jawanza Starling. Don't know who he is? Me neither. kenney, hit me with one of them "camp fodder" posts again, will you?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camp fodder.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camp fodder.

(Not a double post; for ET)

biggio7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney, this should be your sig or avy. Laughing

But really though, I don't remember the Texans signing this many UDFAs before. Maybe some do have an actual shot? Klein might be taking the James Casey role?

I adopted Brian Cushing for the 2013/14 season. Boom. Cush.
biggio7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Texans signed Cincinnati RB George Winn.

Winn (5-foot-10 1/2, 218) was pegged as Mel Kiper's No. 1 sleeper running back. Used sparingly his first three years, Winn broke out as a senior Bearcat to rush for 1,334 yards and 13 scores on 243 carries (5.49 YPC). He only had 19 career catches and ran 4.75 at the Combine with a similarly slow 1.61 ten-yard split. Isaiah Pead's successor at Cincinnati, Winn's lack of explosive run skills may ensure he maxes out as no better than a No. 3 or low-end No. 2 NFL back. He'll compete with fellows UDFA running backs Cierre Wood, Ray Graham, and Dennis Johnson in Houston.

I adopted Brian Cushing for the 2013/14 season. Boom. Cush.
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested to know exactly how Smith and crew spun signing with the Texans to Ray Graham, Cierre Wood, Dennis Johnson, and George Winn. I'm sure they all agreed because they were told one of them absolutely would make the roster, but I wonder if they knew beforehand just how many backs the Texans were going to sign.

Anyhow, I think Cierre Wood stands the best chance of making the team. He's built identically to Arian Foster and is easily the best one-cut runner of the group. Graham is intriguing, as are Johnson and Winn.

Further, I wonder what the likelihood is that we would keep TWO of these guys; one to be our third back now and the other to hop onto the roster after Tate leaves this year.

LORK 88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
I'd be interested to know exactly how Smith and crew spun signing with the Texans to Ray Graham, Cierre Wood, Dennis Johnson, and George Winn. I'm sure they all agreed because they were told one of them absolutely would make the roster, but I wonder if they knew beforehand just how many backs the Texans were going to sign.

Anyhow, I think Cierre Wood stands the best chance of making the team. He's built identically to Arian Foster and is easily the best one-cut runner of the group. Graham is intriguing, as are Johnson and Winn.

Further, I wonder what the likelihood is that we would keep TWO of these guys; one to be our third back now and the other to hop onto the roster after Tate leaves this year.

If I was a UDFA RB, I'd much rather go against 3 others on equal footing than try to beat out a veteran. I'm sure Foster being a UDFA who's done it served as motivation. I think either Woods or Johnson makes the roster with the other ending up on the practice squad. Personally, I think Johnson makes the roster.

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
kenney wrote:

If I was a UDFA RB, I'd much rather go against 3 others on equal footing than try to beat out a veteran. I'm sure Foster being a UDFA who's done it served as motivation. I think either Woods or Johnson makes the roster with the other ending up on the practice squad. Personally, I think Johnson makes the roster.

Johnson is my guy as well; I see his versatility as a target out of the backfield and potential returner as the deciding factor in this. Two years from now when Ben Tate is gone, I see either Winn or Wood - whichever one progresses the most - as the newest member of the stable, a stable that would be made up of nothing but UDFA finds.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that didn't last long...

I liked Klein as a college QB and he's a great leader, but if you lack arm strength, you can't also have funky mechanics and be inaccurate. Kubiak is so full of crap this time of year as he spent all weekend talking up how great "the kid" is and how he's got a real future. I think it was all just a favor to Jake Plummer to try to build some excitement about Klein rather than him having a legit shot with us unless Kubs thought he could convince him to stick around as a TE.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/22230092/qb-collin-klein-does-not-get-contract-from-texans#ixzz2T8enxokb

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Well, that didn't last long...

I liked Klein as a college QB and he's a great leader, but if you lack arm strength, you can't also have funky mechanics and be inaccurate. Kubiak is so full of crap this time of year as he spent all weekend talking up how great "the kid" is and how he's got a real future. I think it was all just a favor to Jake Plummer to try to build some excitement about Klein rather than him having a legit shot with us unless Kubs thought he could convince him to stick around as a TE.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/22230092/qb-collin-klein-does-not-get-contract-from-texans#ixzz2T8enxokb

How can someone so big have such a weak arm. Baffles me.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/houston-texans-sign-rbkr-deji-karim/2013/05/14/29f1b2bc-bcd9-11e2-b537-ab47f0325f7c_story.html

You can add Deji Karim into that mix now.

Although I know he is a vet and not an UDFA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: