Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Reasons Why It's Hard To Be A Cowboys Fan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrolock

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the same passion as some of you guys here, having been just a fan in '93, when the Boys won their third Super Bowl. I admit I was a bandwagon fan at first, but it's been 20 years so...

That said, if you think the Jones' will be here practically forever running the team, and if you hate their guts and their association with the Dallas Cowboys, cut loose and save yourself the heartbreaks. Don't be a fan anymore, its that simple. You have a choice, its simple as that.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sodakcowboy78 wrote:
I think all u Jerry Jones lovers should step back and take another look at the success he has had as an owner.

It all came when Jimmy Johnson put together the Super Bowl winning teams in the early 90's.

You Jerry Jones lovers must have been visiting an alien planet back then to think Jerry Jones had anything to do with those Super Bowl titles other than hiring Jimmy Johnson and writing the checks.

Since Jimmy was run off this team has been a complete disaster because of...to put it simply...Jerrys ego. Same goes for his son Stephen Jones. I had hopes when Jerry moves on...u know...that someone with passion for hiring the right people to do their jobs as General Managers and Coaches would get this team back to the promised land...but that person is not Stephen Jones. He is like his father and believes because he has money and power he knows how to draft and sign free agents and hire personnel.

The Dallas Cowboys will only move into elite status when someone turns on the light at the Jones Castle and they bring in FOOTBALL people to run this team like Jimmy Johnson did.

That is why it is so hard being a Dallas Cowboy fan these last 18 years.

Peace

Cant have one without the other. If Jerry dont buy, there is no Jimmy. I give Jerry as much credit as I do Jimmy, have a great day!
Dallasfan1313

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Somehow, I don't think Cleveland Browns fans would have any sympathy for us.

Actually you'd be wrong on that.

I went to a bar to watch the Cleveland Dallas game while I was at school down in Florida. Sat with a few Dallas fans and 4 Cleveland fans, none of whom I knew. I was amazed at the laid back, easy going way Cleveland fans watch a game. Through years of being terrible they have come to expect it and are not surprised by it. Even when they were up 13-0 on us at halftime one turned to me and said "Don't worry we're gonna s$rew it up. You guys got this game." And he was right, we came back and won in OT. But it was a mutual sympathy for two teams in the same boat. When Weeden was sacked and fumbled they jumped up "SEE TOLD YOU WE'D S#REW IT UP!" Then right after that Romo got sacked and fumbled and I told them well guess it was our turn. When the game was over we all celebrated. Not for who won or lost but for the mutual pain we both shared as fans of non-winning franchises. They even bought the victory shots!

Now granted this is a small sample size of a large fan base but I think the difference between us and Cleveland is our past history of winning put expectations on us every year. They aren't hampered by expectations so when they lose it isn't publicized and yammered on and on about by the talking heads on ESPN. We on the other hand are always the media circus and our defeats are public and scrutinized under a microscope. So yes I do think Cleveland fans sympathize with us because for nearly 20 years we've been just like them only on a much more public stage.

By the way if you ever get a chance to watch a game with some Browns fans do it! Best time I've ever had at a bar watching a game.

R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: