Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Gilreath?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
1. Brown
2. Sanders
3. Wheaton
4. Cotchery
5. Gilreath

-Gilreath
+Burress

Burress will make the team, we need a vet like him, and hes not all that bad plus adds some height which we don't have
I'd rather have Cotchery for the veteran presence. Gilreath is the young special teamer to go with the vet special teamer in Cotchery that the team needs.

There is a chance they keep 6 wrs. I understand what you mean want he height though, it's a good point.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
treat88

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think Burress makes the roster simply because he offers a unique skillset in comparison to the top 4 guys.

Minus Heath, he is the only size target that we have and he is (has been in the past anyways) actually able to use that size to his advantage. Plus he's shown enough ball skills to think he can go up and highpoint in ways our other guys simply can't. Particularly in the RZ, I think the team needs that.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I still think Gilreath can make the roster, after reading up on Justin Brown, I'm giving him the inside track and I believe he will be the steelers punt returner.

Check out this video of Justin Brown:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/4/15/4183636/nfl-draft-2013-seahawks-sleepers-wr-justin-brown-oklahoma

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/4/27/4275856/steelers-nfl-draft-sixth-round-justin-brown

The guys at behindthesteelcurtain had a good write up on him also.

Quote:
Brown, a Penn State transfer in 2011, caught 73 passes for 879 yards and five touchdowns from quarterback and Steelers fourth round pick Landry Jones for the Sooners. He added another touchdown and 300 punt return yards.

His quickness is evident, and it's even more impressive considering he's 6-foot-3, 209 pounds. His size could be an asset for the Steelers, as they've now added their second receiver in this draft.

As of now I predict the wrs to be:

1. Antonio Brown
2. Emmanuel Sanders
3. Jericho Cotchery
4. Markus Wheaton
5. Justin Brown

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a feeling Cotchery will be cut.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
While I still think Gilreath can make the roster, after reading up on Justin Brown, I'm giving him the inside track and I believe he will be the steelers punt returner.

Check out this video of Justin Brown:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/4/15/4183636/nfl-draft-2013-seahawks-sleepers-wr-justin-brown-oklahoma

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/4/27/4275856/steelers-nfl-draft-sixth-round-justin-brown

The guys at behindthesteelcurtain had a good write up on him also.

Quote:
Brown, a Penn State transfer in 2011, caught 73 passes for 879 yards and five touchdowns from quarterback and Steelers fourth round pick Landry Jones for the Sooners. He added another touchdown and 300 punt return yards.

His quickness is evident, and it's even more impressive considering he's 6-foot-3, 209 pounds. His size could be an asset for the Steelers, as they've now added their second receiver in this draft.

As of now I predict the wrs to be:

1. Antonio Brown
2. Emmanuel Sanders
3. Jericho Cotchery
4. Markus Wheaton
5. Justin Brown

At this point, those are the 5 I think will make it too.

People will argue Plax, but if Brown shows anything and I mean ANYTHING, they will keep him over a 36 year old Plax who doesnt have much left to offer.

As for Gilreath....if he makes it, that probably spells the end for Cotch. At this point though, I think Cotch makes it over him. I just dont think Gilreath is more than training camp fodder or an emergency 5th receiver if someone gets hurt.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I actually have a feeling Cotchery will be cut.
i feel he's more reliable than Plax at this point and he's a great special teams player. Trust me, Danny Smith will fall in love with Cotchery on special teams and almost demand he makes the team. IMO he's as close to a lock as they come on the team because of Special teams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: