Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens re-sign TE Dennis Pitta to 1-year deal, Signed tender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Ravens re-sign TE Dennis Pitta to 1-year deal, Signed tender Reply with quote

Quote:
#Ravens TE Dennis Pitta has signed his restricted free agent tender.

http://twitter.com/Ravens/statuses/334028440082731009

The 1-year tender is worth $2.023 million.

Pitta set career highs across the board with 61 catches for 669 yards and 7 TDs in 2012, he also recorded 3 additional TDs in the playoffs.

Tom Brady Tribute
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's got a long ways to go before he's as good as Jennifer Lawrence, but he's a pretty darn good TE for how old he is compared to how many years he's been in the league! Glad to have him back.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
He's got a long ways to go before he's as good as Jennifer Lawrence, but he's a pretty darn good TE for how old he is compared to how many years he's been in the league! Glad to have him back.

Not Football but she can shoot:

Full video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgg_ccM_fxI&feature=player_detailpage#t=380s
Tom Brady Tribute
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitta's gonna have a pretty big year, me-thinks. He'll get more looks out of the slot with Boldin gone and is definitely going to be asked to pick up some of that slack. I think he could end up between 70 and 80 catches for around 800 or 900 yards and somewhere from 7 to 10 touchdowns if things break right for him.

He's not spectacular by any means but he runs great routes and has terrific hands. And from a chemistry standpoint, he's Flacco's best friend on the team, so I think getting him locked up term helps our offense from a continuity standpoint in multiple ways. I would like to see us try to get him locked up long term during training camp rather than probably letting his value go up next year, though I think Pitta's probably going to be willing to bet on himself and see how much he can increase his value with a season as Joe's 1st or 2nd read on a lot of plays.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: