Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason News, Notes, Rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
I bet "SS" is an arbitrary title. Lynch played a lot of "SS" and he wasn't like a traditional SS at all. I expect Weddle to play up a lot more than Gilchrist in most games.

Like I said, we played a lot of Cover-1 looks last season. Gilchrist is far better suited to play the one-high safety role than Bigby was and is actually a pretty sound fit as a safety in a majority zone scheme (Clemson, if I'm not mistaken, ran a lot of Cover-2 and 2-deep when he played there).

Also, a couple of tweets that confirm much of what's already been discussed:

@ChargersRHenne wrote:
Just like old times. First play of 7-on-7s is a deep bomb from Rivers to Floyd.

@ChargersRHenne wrote:
Shareece Wright starting with first unit at CB opposite Derek Cox. Manti Te'o working alongside Donald Butler at ILB.

@ChargersRHenne wrote:
Marcus Gilchrist lining up at safety alongside Eric Weddle with the ones.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
OL:
LT: Dunlap
LG: Rinehart
C: Hardwick
RG: Clary
RT: Fluker

There's no situation where I see Clary on the roster. He saves more money than he's worth, especially as a post 6/1 cut. I think there's a few situations that we could see on the OL.

LT: Dunlap
LG: Rinehart
C: Hardwick
RG: Troutman
RT: Fluker

Dunlap
Dombrowski
Hardwick
Rinehart
Fluker

Haslam
Shilling
Hardwick
Rinehart/Dombro/Troutman
Fluker

Fluker
Shilling
Hardwick
Rinehart/Dombro/Troutman
Justice

I also wouldn't be surprised if Molk saw some time at G.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers activated SS Brandon Taylor from the active/PUP list.
The Chargers' 2012 third-round pick, Taylor tore his ACL last December. He can now begin pushing Marcus Gilchrist to start at strong safety. In all likelihood, Gilchrist will take the job and Taylor will play on special teams.

Impressive

sanitizer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any insight on our o-line?

Is Fluker going to be starting at RT? How has Clary looked? Who are going to be the 5 starters once the season starts? I haven't been around much, trying to catch up on some camp news.

I'm excited with the addition of Woodhead, sounds like he'll be involved quite a bit. Enjoy knowing we got a back who can add some additional protection for Phil.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanitizer wrote:
Any insight on our o-line?

Is Fluker going to be starting at RT? How has Clary looked? Who are going to be the 5 starters once the season starts? I haven't been around much, trying to catch up on some camp news.

I'm excited with the addition of Woodhead, sounds like he'll be involved quite a bit. Enjoy knowing we got a back who can add some additional protection for Phil.

Very little OL talk has made news. Fluker has been taking all of the first team reps at RT, and Dunlap has been taking the majority at LT.

Everything I've read says Rivers is in love with Woodhead. Hopefully he finally fills the huge hole left by Sproles.

game3525

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read the o-line was getting dominated early in camp(which is expected.), but has made strides the last couple of days.

-Dunlap has been much better then Starks from reports I have read and is likely going to be the starter

-Rinehart-Been solid

-Hardwick-No news on him

-Clary-Been up and down

-Fluker-Great in the running game, getting killed by speed rushers(so what the majority of us expected.)
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The success of this patchwork offensive line is going to make or break the season. I'm ready for a lot of Woodhead, I think he'll be involved as much as Sproles was.

I'm a bit confused at the apparent lack of depth in the D-line. I'm very happy with the starting 3, but after that the names might as well be randomly generated in Madden. Wonder if we'll be in the market for a veteran presence.
game3525

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, I see why LBC was critical of boltsfromtheblue.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2013/8/5/4590858/philip-rivers-game-manager-san-diego-chargers

The authors analyst is so shallow. Using attempts to justify whether a QB is a game manager or not is silly without context. The throws in a Coryell offense are a lot tougher then the ones in a spread, hence attempts in general are lower.

On top of that I am willing to bet a QB's winning percentage is likely better when he is throwing less because they either got a lead or the team is doing well in all three phrases.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know where to put it, but I wanted to come in and say good luck for tomorrow and I hope you can stay healthy beyond this point. I know you've had some poor luck with your linebacker and receiving corp.

May we leave the field the way we came Very Happy

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to a chargers scout this morning...his words didn't leave me much hope...

"Hang in there, this year will probably be a rough one"

But he said he's excited about the new crew in here, and thinks we can do well.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
The success of this patchwork offensive line is going to make or break the season. I'm ready for a lot of Woodhead, I think he'll be involved as much as Sproles was.

I'm a bit confused at the apparent lack of depth in the D-line. I'm very happy with the starting 3, but after that the names might as well be randomly generated in Madden. Wonder if we'll be in the market for a veteran presence.

Wynn is pretty solid, good backup, but nothing else, which is why his name isn't known. NT depth is an Issue IMO.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
The Chargers still haven't settled on a starting left tackle.
Outside of arguably Green Bay -- whose left-tackle battle was injury-induced -- San Diego is the only team in the league yet to settle on its quarterback's blind side protector entering the second week of preseason games. King Dunlap has taken the majority of first-team reps. Max Starks is his competition.

I really hope this isn't true, and they're only saying it so that Starks doesn't get his feelings hurt. There was no question who the better player was.

Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
I really hope this isn't true, and they're only saying it so that Starks doesn't get his feelings hurt. There was no question who the better player was.

PFF liked Starks, apparently

Quote:
Dunlap started the game, played 12 snaps, and graded +0.6 overall. Starks received a +1.2 grade, but on 28 snaps, meaning the two were pretty much even on a per snap basis. However, the key positive is that neither player allowed any pressure in a combined 22 pass blocking snaps.

I'm surprised that Starks got a positive grade for the game.[/quote]
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

PFF liked Starks, apparently

Quote:
Dunlap started the game, played 12 snaps, and graded +0.6 overall. Starks received a +1.2 grade, but on 28 snaps, meaning the two were pretty much even on a per snap basis. However, the key positive is that neither player allowed any pressure in a combined 22 pass blocking snaps.

I'm surprised that Starks got a positive grade for the game.

They missed something. He definitely allowed a couple of pressures, and he sure as hell wasn't twice as good as Dunlap.

JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
The Chargers still haven't settled on a starting left tackle.
Outside of arguably Green Bay -- whose left-tackle battle was injury-induced -- San Diego is the only team in the league yet to settle on its quarterback's blind side protector entering the second week of preseason games. King Dunlap has taken the majority of first-team reps. Max Starks is his competition.

Dolphins said they're having an open RB competition when Miller is clearly better. Lot of lies around now. Gotta keep Starks motivated.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: