Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants sign LB Aaron Curry
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderFanSD

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aggressive, sure tackling LB. Just really dumb football wise.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I could be wrong, but I read that he was cut because of salary reasons.

He was cut 2 weeks after being activated from the PUP and he didn't play much during those 2 weeks.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
Curry is a good guy. I don't know about Seattle but he got a raw deal in Oakland. They traded for him and for half a season, he came in and played with a lot of energy. He made a lot of mistakes but the whole unit was pretty terrible. Then he got hurt and started the next season on PUP (under a different regime) and was released instead of activated because Miles Burris and Phillip Wheeler were both looking pretty solid IIRC.

Best of luck to him.

He was released because he drew 2 personal fouls in the few snaps he played and his knee is pretty much shot.

Yeah, he didn't get a raw deal in Oakland. We gave him a shot in 2011 and then in 2012 his knee just died. And we had LBs in there who were at least the same level of productive who didn't get 15 yard penalties. Sucks for him, but thats just how it happened

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low risk signing really, might as well give him a shot

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I think the Giants have four linebackers that are talented enough to see the field (Williams, Rivers, Connor, Curry). And in today's NFL most of the time you only have two on the field anyway.

Keith Rivers has done nothing productive to earn a starting job. Hopefully him and Curry can stay healthy to rotate in a crowded LB corps. I'm probably the most excited about Williams.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Instead of spending their own high draft picks on linebackers, the Giants are going to pick up other team's mistakes and hope they can revive a career. Despite not investing much in the position, I think the Giants have four linebackers that are talented enough to see the field (Williams, Rivers, Connor, Curry). And in today's NFL most of the time you only have two on the field anyway.

Holy moly. That group will spend more time in the trainer's room than on the field.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mich_fan20 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Instead of spending their own high draft picks on linebackers, the Giants are going to pick up other team's mistakes and hope they can revive a career. Despite not investing much in the position, I think the Giants have four linebackers that are talented enough to see the field (Williams, Rivers, Connor, Curry). And in today's NFL most of the time you only have two on the field anyway.

Holy moly. That group will spend more time in the trainer's room than on the field.

Hopefully not all at the same time. Wink

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe that this guy was considered the "safest" pick of his draft class. He's been a complete and total bust. That being said, not a bad signing for the giants. They don't lose anything by it as I believe curry still needs to make the roster, but maybe they can twist out a little production to go with the potential that was supposedly there leading up to the draft. If he continues to flop, then cut and move on. No harm no foul. No risk and a little bit of potential upside.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: