Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XIV: Design Star
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74491
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ seems like a damn good deal for the UofM.

Shocked
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7024
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
-TCF Bank Stadium will be available for Sunday games as well as for Saturday games when there is not a conflict with a scheduled Gopher football home game. The Vikings may play one weeknight game per season when University classes are not in session and on a date approved by the University.


When I saw the this, I hadn't even thought about Monday night games for some reason...only Thursday night. That basically eliminates the chance of hosting a primetime game Weeks 1-15, unless its on Sunday Night Football.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
husker_vikes3


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 14177
Location: Omaha, NE
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Klomp wrote:
-TCF Bank Stadium will be available for Sunday games as well as for Saturday games when there is not a conflict with a scheduled Gopher football home game. The Vikings may play one weeknight game per season when University classes are not in session and on a date approved by the University.


When I saw the this, I hadn't even thought about Monday night games for some reason...only Thursday night. That basically eliminates the chance of hosting a primetime game Weeks 1-15, unless its on Sunday Night Football.
This is one of the parts I hate. So now basically any primetime game will be a road game or in Week 16 or 17. Very raw deal, but UofM did have the upper hand in negotiations, IMO.
_________________


skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Klomp wrote:
-TCF Bank Stadium will be available for Sunday games as well as for Saturday games when there is not a conflict with a scheduled Gopher football home game. The Vikings may play one weeknight game per season when University classes are not in session and on a date approved by the University.


When I saw the this, I hadn't even thought about Monday night games for reason...only Thursday night. That basically eliminates the chance of hosting a primetime game Weeks 1-15, unless its on Sunday Night Football.
This is one of the parts I hate. So now basically any primetime game will be a road game or in Week 16 or 17. Very raw deal, but UofM did have the upper hand in negotiations, IMO.


I'm ok with it. The end result is something I've been dreaming of for a long time. For me it's right up there with winning a Super Bowl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74491
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talks continue over seating, as TCF Bank has a capacity of about 53,000, compared to the Metrodome’s 64,000. Whether and how the Vikings might add bleachers to accommodate a few thousand more fans is “one of the decisions that will need to be made,” said Pam Wheelock, vice president of University Services.

Upgrades to the field will likely be made in June and July 2014, she said.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/206786331.html?refer=y
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7024
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are under 42 hours away from the unveiling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purplexing


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 4443
Location: Outside Valhalla, looking in.
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone hacked the Vikings corporate website and found this under the 'new stadium' folders...





It looks familiar to me. But I just can't remember where I've seen something like it before. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74491
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lester Bagley: “We are determined to try and deliver a retractable feature. But we have a very specific budget, and there are a lot of issues and a lot of moving pieces. At the very least, we expect to have a great view of the downtown skyline.”

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/207067031.html


At 7 PM Central time on Monday May 13, a stadium presentation that will be streamed live on Vikings.com.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikes_Bolts1228


Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 3774
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are we just getting 1 or 2 drawings of the exterior or are we getting the FULL look at the stadium i.e. inside, outside, concourses, bathrooms, stores, etc?
_________________
"Man, Adrian Peterson doesn't get tackled. He just decides that's enough for one carry."

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
So are we just getting 1 or 2 drawings of the exterior or are we getting the FULL look at the stadium i.e. inside, outside, concourses, bathrooms, stores, etc?



I sure as heck hope we get it all. They are supposed to break ground in Oct right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikes_Bolts1228


Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 3774
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
So are we just getting 1 or 2 drawings of the exterior or are we getting the FULL look at the stadium i.e. inside, outside, concourses, bathrooms, stores, etc?



I sure as heck hope we get it all. They are supposed to break ground in Oct right?


That's what I heard.
_________________
"Man, Adrian Peterson doesn't get tackled. He just decides that's enough for one carry."

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74491
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
So are we just getting 1 or 2 drawings of the exterior or are we getting the FULL look at the stadium i.e. inside, outside, concourses, bathrooms, stores, etc?

pervert.

Very Happy
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eastern Walrus


Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Posts: 3147
Location: on safari
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this has been brought up yet or not...

But for those who ware worried about the traffic on campus need to remember that the new light rail will be complete Smile

and someone point me to the sold out stadium where there isn't traffic after a game...
_________________
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purplexing


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 4443
Location: Outside Valhalla, looking in.
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

At 7 PM Central time on Monday May 13, a stadium presentation that will be streamed live on Vikings.com.


I'm calling it now...

...server overload. ... and ... crash a moment before the big reveal.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bermuda Viking


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 4968
Location: Paget, Bermuda
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
So are we just getting 1 or 2 drawings of the exterior or are we getting the FULL look at the stadium i.e. inside, outside, concourses, bathrooms, stores, etc?

pervert.

Very Happy


lol.

That said I think there will be a longboat effect coming out of the stadium that will be extreme and memorable.
_________________
I love the Vikings, win or lose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group