Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts trade OL A.Q. Shipley to the Ravens

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Colts trade OL A.Q. Shipley to the Ravens Reply with quote

Quote:
The Indianapolis Colts today traded center A.Q. Shipley to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a conditional pick in the 2014 NFL Draft


http://blogs.colts.com/2013/05/09/indianapolis-colts-trade-center-a-q-shipley-to-baltimore-ravens/

Quote:
#Colts trade the #15th rated C (according to @PFF) set to make $465K, to make way for Samson Satele (#32 rank, $3.86M)


https://twitter.com/spotrac/statuses/332504470636347392
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23946
Location: 414
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is disingenuous for spotrac to suggest that Shipley was already the entrenched starting C. There were plenty of Colts fans who hoped that Shipley would start over Satele but Satele was the penciled in Center before this trade. Plus I've heard some opine that Khaled Holmes is already better then Shipley and this trade suggests that might be something the coaching staff also believes.

And if we WR lucky Shipley makes the Ravens roster and gets enough playing time to at least get a pick to make up for the one we already traded. Pretty obvious it wouldn't be a 4th but more like a 6th or 7th
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I think it is disingenuous for spotrac to suggest that Shipley was already the entrenched starting C. There were plenty of Colts fans who hoped that Shipley would start over Satele but Satele was the penciled in Center before this trade. Plus I've heard some opine that Khaled Holmes is already better then Shipley and this trade suggests that might be something the coaching staff also believes.

And if we WR lucky Shipley makes the Ravens roster and gets enough playing time to at least get a pick to make up for the one we already traded. Pretty obvious it wouldn't be a 4th but more like a 6th or 7th


Probably 7th if he makes the final roster and 6th if he starts at least 8 games.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 2058
Location: Final Four and counting!
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
stallyns wrote:
I think it is disingenuous for spotrac to suggest that Shipley was already the entrenched starting C. There were plenty of Colts fans who hoped that Shipley would start over Satele but Satele was the penciled in Center before this trade. Plus I've heard some opine that Khaled Holmes is already better then Shipley and this trade suggests that might be something the coaching staff also believes.

And if we WR lucky Shipley makes the Ravens roster and gets enough playing time to at least get a pick to make up for the one we already traded. Pretty obvious it wouldn't be a 4th but more like a 6th or 7th


Probably 7th if he makes the final roster and 6th if he starts at least 8 games.
I hope it's better than that!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13691
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
stallyns wrote:
I think it is disingenuous for spotrac to suggest that Shipley was already the entrenched starting C. There were plenty of Colts fans who hoped that Shipley would start over Satele but Satele was the penciled in Center before this trade. Plus I've heard some opine that Khaled Holmes is already better then Shipley and this trade suggests that might be something the coaching staff also believes.

And if we WR lucky Shipley makes the Ravens roster and gets enough playing time to at least get a pick to make up for the one we already traded. Pretty obvious it wouldn't be a 4th but more like a 6th or 7th


Probably 7th if he makes the final roster and 6th if he starts at least 8 games.
I hope it's better than that!


Pretty sure I saw something that it is a 7th if Shipley makes Ravens final roster!

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/5/10/4319626/report-colts-will-only-get-a-7th-round-pick-if-a-q-shipley-makes
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1056rec (22 behind TO*6th) 14,171yds (409 behind Harrison*7th) 82tds
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 2058
Location: Final Four and counting!
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
stallyns wrote:
I think it is disingenuous for spotrac to suggest that Shipley was already the entrenched starting C. There were plenty of Colts fans who hoped that Shipley would start over Satele but Satele was the penciled in Center before this trade. Plus I've heard some opine that Khaled Holmes is already better then Shipley and this trade suggests that might be something the coaching staff also believes.

And if we WR lucky Shipley makes the Ravens roster and gets enough playing time to at least get a pick to make up for the one we already traded. Pretty obvious it wouldn't be a 4th but more like a 6th or 7th


Probably 7th if he makes the final roster and 6th if he starts at least 8 games.
I hope it's better than that!


Pretty sure I saw something that it is a 7th if Shipley makes Ravens final roster!

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/5/10/4319626/report-colts-will-only-get-a-7th-round-pick-if-a-q-shipley-makes
Trade rape.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group