Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts trade OL A.Q. Shipley to the Ravens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Colts trade OL A.Q. Shipley to the Ravens Reply with quote

Quote:
The Indianapolis Colts today traded center A.Q. Shipley to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a conditional pick in the 2014 NFL Draft

http://blogs.colts.com/2013/05/09/indianapolis-colts-trade-center-a-q-shipley-to-baltimore-ravens/

Quote:
#Colts trade the #15th rated C (according to @PFF) set to make $465K, to make way for Samson Satele (#32 rank, $3.86M)

https://twitter.com/spotrac/statuses/332504470636347392
Tom Brady Tribute
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is disingenuous for spotrac to suggest that Shipley was already the entrenched starting C. There were plenty of Colts fans who hoped that Shipley would start over Satele but Satele was the penciled in Center before this trade. Plus I've heard some opine that Khaled Holmes is already better then Shipley and this trade suggests that might be something the coaching staff also believes.

And if we WR lucky Shipley makes the Ravens roster and gets enough playing time to at least get a pick to make up for the one we already traded. Pretty obvious it wouldn't be a 4th but more like a 6th or 7th
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I think it is disingenuous for spotrac to suggest that Shipley was already the entrenched starting C. There were plenty of Colts fans who hoped that Shipley would start over Satele but Satele was the penciled in Center before this trade. Plus I've heard some opine that Khaled Holmes is already better then Shipley and this trade suggests that might be something the coaching staff also believes.

And if we WR lucky Shipley makes the Ravens roster and gets enough playing time to at least get a pick to make up for the one we already traded. Pretty obvious it wouldn't be a 4th but more like a 6th or 7th

Probably 7th if he makes the final roster and 6th if he starts at least 8 games.
Tom Brady Tribute
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
stallyns wrote:

Probably 7th if he makes the final roster and 6th if he starts at least 8 games.
I hope it's better than that!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
stallyns wrote:

Pretty sure I saw something that it is a 7th if Shipley makes Ravens final roster!

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/5/10/4319626/report-colts-will-only-get-a-7th-round-pick-if-a-q-shipley-makes
Nobody

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
stallyns wrote:

Pretty sure I saw something that it is a 7th if Shipley makes Ravens final roster!

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/5/10/4319626/report-colts-will-only-get-a-7th-round-pick-if-a-q-shipley-makes
Trade rape.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: