Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A new Mr. Carter?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is that there is no harm in bringing him in. Yes, he gains attention because of his father, and no, he might not have the history or polish of other receivers that will go undrafted. We can bring in more than one UFA Receiver into camp, but the possibility of us trying to bring him in could be higher because of his heritage.

As far as being a head case, I wouldn't go there. Does he have issues, absolutely, is his work ethic something that can be called into question, of course. No one can argue that. TONS if not most of these young guys who get drafted or who are coming out of college are going to have some of these issues, albeit not as severe. His father had his hiccups, as do many players. Vontaze Burfict had a plethora of issues an ended up not getting drafted last year, but look at how he has turned out. For every player with issues, there are players who don't have issues, and there are studs and busts from both of those groups. What matters in the end is where they go from here...

Duron has always gotten great reviews based on his talent from coaches and scouts, and so far, reports say that he is out shining a lot of guys at XPE, including Keenan Allen, and that alone gathers some of my attention. Yes, I have thoughts of grandeur for him because of who his father is and was for us, and truthfully, the only reason I heard about him was because of media that was propagated by who his father is. At the end of the day, he could be horrible at school, and dumb as a box of rocks, but if he plays anywhere like his father did, none of that matters.

The argument of him gaining attention or not because of his father is kinda crap. Attention from us, sure, attention from professional scouts, much less likely. We need so much help at WR, and if that means scraping the "bottom of the barrel" then we NEED to do this. What I know is that the guy has physical skills, and all reports are showing that he has become much more motivated and dedicated to at least his football skills and training, so I would love to give him a shot, along with any other undrafted fellas who show any glimmer of promise.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
vikings209

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If his hands are half as good as dear old dad's were then we need to give this kid a chance. Hell even spend an sixth or seventh round pick on the guy. Like so many people love to point out sixth and seventh round guys hardly make the team so what's the harm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikings209 wrote:
If his hands are half as good as dear old dad's were then we need to give this kid a chance.

Looking at this video, his hands are pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkVMy__LAHk
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ everybody looks good without a defender all over them.

i was more impressed with how agile Cris Carter still is, at age 47.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier: "He's got great size. I mean, that sticks out. He has good hands and moves well. We'll see how he does throughout this weekend. He had a good first practice. We'll see what he does the rest of the weekend."

Carter: "I was kind of nervous out there. I got back into it; hopefully, I can get more. You can't be Cris Carter. I can only be Duron Carter."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23166421/vikings-cris-carters-son-duron-nervous-trying-out

Webmaster wrote:
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he makes the practice squad.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
chuck44

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mentioned before that I live in Columbus and have been privy to watch alot of OSU practices and speak with coaches on a personal level due to connections I have made over the last 20 years.

I watched Duron as true freshman..the kid was amazing in practice..hands just like his daddy ..but bigger and faster..coaches thought he might be as good or better than his dad on ONE CONDITION...attitude!!! one coach who I know fairly well ..predicted he would have a tough time seeing the field..because of grades and attitude...Talent was never questioned

He told me it was a constant battle to keep him eligible and going to class..Tressel was the coach and demanded his kisd go to class or not play..even though he was eligible for a while he played sparingly despite his ocverwhelming talent

The coach told me "the kid isnt dumb.he just doesnt care for school" he also said this would be his last year at OSU and he was right

He has shaved off his dreadlocks which hopefully is a sign of maturity..hopefully the kid changes his tune..because he can be special
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He has shaved off his dreadlocks which hopefully is a sign of maturity..hopefully the kid changes his tune..because he can be special

This line always bothers me. Why is it considered immature to have dreadlocks? No one is questioning Larry Fitzgerald's or Sidney Rice's maturity.

As for Carter, he'd be a nice surprise to see catch on and if he deserves a spot on the roster or practice squad, he should get it. Im looking forward to watching him play in the pre season if he is still on the team.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Quote:

This line always bothers me. Why is it considered immature to have dreadlocks? No one is questioning Larry Fitzgerald's or Sidney Rice's maturity.

As for Carter, he'd be a nice surprise to see catch on and if he deserves a spot on the roster or practice squad, he should get it. Im looking forward to watching him play in the pre season if he is still on the team.

Those two guys never had any questions about maturity either..no one is saying that having dreadlocks is immature..it goes to the fact that maybe he is embracing a change or a new perspective ..a fresh outlook..dont see why that should bother someone
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if Duron has made it to the team for training camp or anything?

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
Anyone know if Duron has made it to the team for training camp or anything?

No he didn't. He was in the Saints rookie minicamp this weekend.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
While tryouts with the Vikings and the Saints didn’t land Duron Carter an NFL job, the son of Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter has found a place in the Canadian Football League.

Carter, who went undrafted in April after a collegiate career marked by academic issues and a lack of on-field time, has made the Montreal Alouettes’ nine-player practice roster, the club announced Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/23/duron-carter-makes-montreal-alouettes-practice-roster/

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, Practice Squad on a CFL team. well, that's a start at least.

barely.

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

barely.

We like signing CFL guys though...
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

barely.

Yeah, it's barely...but it's still more of a professional league than the Arena League.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: