Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookie Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2013/05-May/temp130510-rookie-orientation-camp-32--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

wtf

Looks like others have already explained it above... but I had a different thought.

I believe the new CBA said during the offseason no player is allowed to have to have a football while in NFL teams' facility or on NFL teams' property.

If I'm correct on the wording that might be a very interesting way of getting around the rule and practice you're kicking during the offseason inside a NFL facility.

Though it depends on the wording weather it says any ball... or any football.
justo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
justo wrote:
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2013/05-May/temp130510-rookie-orientation-camp-32--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

wtf

Looks like others have already explained it above... but I had a different thought.

I believe the new CBA said during the offseason no player is allowed to have to have a football while in NFL teams' facility or on NFL teams' property.

If I'm correct on the wording that might be a very interesting way of getting around the rule and practice you're kicking during the offseason inside a NFL facility.

Though it depends on the wording weather it says any ball... or any football.
I'm pretty sure WRs were catching balls and stuff though. Lacy and Franklin were pictured having balls, too. Idk about this one. Maybe before OTA's for vets?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Beast

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I'm pretty sure WRs were catching balls and stuff though. Lacy and Franklin were pictured having balls, too. Idk about this one. Maybe before OTA's for vets?

St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher said wrote:
When your holder and punter and kicker can't touch a football until phase two, that is a challenge

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/95354/labor-agreement-gets-credit-for-qb-camps

Sounds like players can't touch a football until phase two of OTAs.

I remember MM saying he decided to talk to Bulaga and Sitton about moving to the left side, I think he said the day before phase two kicked in.
justo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
justo wrote:

St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher said wrote:
When your holder and punter and kicker can't touch a football until phase two, that is a challenge

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/95354/labor-agreement-gets-credit-for-qb-camps

Sounds like players can't touch a football until phase two of OTAs.

I remember MM saying he decided to talk to Bulaga and Sitton about moving to the left side, I think he said the day before phase two kicked in.
But players were throwing, catching, and running the ball yesterday..
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Beast

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

We're in phase two now...

My understanding is players aren't allowed to touch a football on NFL teams' facility or on NFL teams' property during phase one of the offseason.

Make sense now?
justo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
justo wrote:

My understanding is players aren't allowed to touch a football on NFL teams' facility or on NFL teams' property during phase one of the offseason.

Make sense now?
I thought you were making the argument that we are still in phase one, my bad.
Beast

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Beast wrote:
justo wrote:

Make sense now?
I thought you were making the argument that we are still in phase one, my bad.

Nope... MM said he told Bulaga and Sitton about the switch to the left side right before phase two started. And they knew before fans knew... and fans have known for over a week now... so phase one ended over a week ago (I would guess).

I was just saying the non-football kicking might be an interesting idea to get around the no-football rule in phase one. Of course the player union would probably cry foul... but depending on the wording it might hold up against the player union.

But I read something, about Crosby being VERY disappointed he couldn't kick on team property during phase one of last off-season. (and he had a down year)...

I'd be interesting if kickers and punter had a vote would they change that rule to allow them to kick on team property during phase one or not.

Same for QBs/WRs/Etc ... but at the very least the kickers... cus I don't think teams over work them. No matter what Dave Rayner says...

Dave Rayner complained that the Packers were making him and Crosby kick too much ... which was the last time Crosby had another kicker to worry about.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?8743-Dave-Rayner-sounding-like-a-real-cry-baby

"That's the most I've ever kicked in my entire life," said Rayner, who made 26-of-35 field goals (74.3 percent) for the Packers in 2006. "I have never kicked that many field goals in my life. We were kicking almost every single practice, and it's not like we were doing two, three or four kicks. We were doing six, eight, 10, 12 kicks at a time. I knew that was going to happen. They kept saying it was so close, and they kept kicking the heck out of us. It was one of those things where I look back now, I wish they wouldn't have kicked us so, but it was not my decision."
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Ben Ericksen won't be joining our team because of a failed physical...

Really looking forward to seeing what he had to bring to us. Oh well.
Beast

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
Looks like Ben Ericksen won't be joining our team because of a failed physical...

Yeah I was really looking forward to S Ben Ericksen and CB Damond Smith ... but nether of them got to go on the field... Ericksen failed physical... don't know why Smith wasn't there after reported to get a try out with the Packers but I'm guessing physical as well.

But both guys were good talented DBs that had speed and could tackle. And Ericksen was a local guy (I think). It sounded like Smith has had some off the field troubles but still I thought he had enough raw talented to get a training camp look (if he could stay out of trouble).
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:

Yeah I was really looking forward to S Ben Ericksen and CB Damond Smith ... but nether of them got to go on the field... Ericksen failed physical... don't know why Smith wasn't there after reported to get a try out with the Packers but I'm guessing physical as well.

But both guys were good talented DBs that had speed and could tackle. And Ericksen was a local guy (I think). It sounded like Smith has had some off the field troubles but still I thought he had enough raw talented to get a training camp look (if he could stay out of trouble).

Ya I think the town he was from was called Glenville or Greenvile or something in Wisconsin.

I hope they get shots they're great players. Maybe if they pass their physicals later in OTAs they could still have a shot.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
Beast wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:

Ya I think the town he was from was called Glenville or Greenvile or something in Wisconsin.

I hope they get shots they're great players. Maybe if they pass their physicals later in OTAs they could still have a shot.

Greendale. Near Milwaukee.

Greenville was once a six-house, unincorporated town with a diner, two taverns, a tiny bank for farmers to cash milk checks, and the Greenville Farmers' Co-op that my dad ran for twenty years. It is a busy little suburb of Appleton now.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were only rookies and PS players at this camp?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can draft picks only participate once they are signed, or can they part-take in mini-camp on a "Try Out" basis like the NHL's rookie system?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Were only rookies and PS players at this camp?

I believe so. Some of the PS players I'm aware of were guys like BJ Coleman, Bostick and Datko.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to JSOnline schedule rookie minicamp finishes today. Does that mean we will find out who made the cut to land on the 90 man roster today?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: