Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 2014 free agents, where do we spend all this money???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiders006 wrote:
"We're not going to macy's."

I expect us to resign most of our players and a few middle tier guys, as usual. I highly doubt we get into a bidding war over ANY player, that is just not Reggie's philosophy.

Well, we dont really know that for sure, since he has not had any cap room since he has been calling the shots. I understand, his GB roots make me believe the odds are in favor of the "not sign big FA" side, but we won't know until we have the room. After all, that was the way Ted Thompson and Ron Wolf ran GB, not Reggie. If I had to guess, I'd say you are mostly right. I dont see us going Miami-mode, but if the draft picks havent worked out I could see him signing some proven vets.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
RaidersJagsFan9

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stated earlier in this thread that I just wanted to have one free agent pick up in Alex Mack to solidify the OLine but thinking about what RM would do. Which would be like the past two off seasons no big name guys just younger guys with something to prove. With Olsen there as well now I could see him persuade RM for someone like WR Mike Williams from Tampa.

^^^^
Props to Pats9ers
badmoon8081

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember those years where Bret favre was angry about the fact that Green Bay was letting a lot of his veteran o-lineman walk out the door even though the team had like 30-40 million in cap space. That's the type of mind frame Reggie is coming from. He will sign the "in house guys" that earn it and build through the draft. Reggie will continue to add bargain young "prove it to me" players like nick roach and Matt Flynn.
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersJagsFan9 wrote:
I stated earlier in this thread that I just wanted to have one free agent pick up in Alex Mack to solidify the OLine but thinking about what RM would do. Which would be like the past two off seasons no big name guys just younger guys with something to prove. With Olsen there as well now I could see him persuade RM for someone like WR Mike Williams from Tampa.

Signing Mack would be a great move considering his age, skill and position. He wouldn't command a ton because he is a C and would fill a huge need on this O line. That way we can shift Wiz over to guard and be one step closer to having a very good O line. It would be upgrading 2 positions in one move and Mack is a pro bowl caliber C. Flat out brilliant move.

Props to Silver&Black88 for the pimpin sig
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:
RaidersJagsFan9 wrote:

Signing Mack would be a great move considering his age, skill and position. He wouldn't command a ton because he is a C and would fill a huge need on this O line. That way we can shift Wiz over to guard and be one step closer to having a very good O line. It would be upgrading 2 positions in one move and Mack is a pro bowl caliber C. Flat out brilliant move.

Only thing is why would Cleveland let him walk? They aren't scared to make it rain, and I doubt Reggie would want to get in a bidding war with a team like that. Would be a great addition though, no doubt.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
RaidersJagsFan9

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Frankie2Gunz wrote:
RaidersJagsFan9 wrote:

Only thing is why would Cleveland let him walk? They aren't scared to make it rain, and I doubt Reggie would want to get in a bidding war with a team like that. Would be a great addition though, no doubt.

Well I'm hoping for the fact that he would want to come back to California. He did go to Cal University and I really wanted him to be a Raider when he was in the Draft. He would be great next to wiz. And I'm also hoping that Cleveland ties up to much of their money to be able to offer him more than what the Raiders could offer.

^^^^
Props to Pats9ers
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:
RaidersJagsFan9 wrote:

McKenzie isn't going to spend a ton of money at C. Besides, Wiz is a fixture at C and he ain't moving UNLESS he's moving closer to the door.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have to understand that Green Bay is not like a regular team.
They are a public team owned by the city of Green Bay. They just don't have the money to spend on FAs. Their primary responsibility is to keep the game affordable for the people of Green Bay not to sign FAs. That's why they sold stock in the team to make renovations to the stadium.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
They are a public team owned by the city of Green Bay. They just don't have the money to spend on FAs. Their primary responsibility is to keep the game affordable for the people of Green Bay not to sign FAs. That's why they sold stock in the team to make renovations to the stadium.

There prices are the same or more than any other teams. It is not about the fans. Maybe high level execs who want more money in there pocket.

Selling stock in the team is their way to finance the stadium renovations(adding seats I might add for more profit) rather than waiting on the city itself to push this through and spending countless hours and negotiations/lawyer fees drawing up proposals. In fact I would even venture to say doing it there way may be cheaper than the route the other teams take.

The Packers are actually like the 9th highest earning Franchise in the NFL.
true2form

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think RM will stick to his GB roots when it comes to FA. However, he may not have a choice next season when we have so much cap room. He may have to make a couple of big signings to get us where we have to be. I don't think it would be a bad thing either.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
bitty wrote:

There prices are the same or more than any other teams. It is not about the fans. Maybe high level execs who want more money in there pocket.

Selling stock in the team is their way to finance the stadium renovations(adding seats I might add for more profit) rather than waiting on the city itself to push this through and spending countless hours and negotiations/lawyer fees drawing up proposals. In fact I would even venture to say doing it there way may be cheaper than the route the other teams take.

They usually run under the cap. When Brett Favre was there they where like 30 million under the cap.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well just resign the guys RMC sees as core guys at the price he thinks the deserve and sign FA's for depth...if anyone expects Reggie to shell out bloated contracts youre delusional...hes going to resign the guys he wants and sign guys at good value, we wont be getting into any bidding wars, at least untill we are one guy away from competing for SB's...we will build this team through the draft, and by the way this past draft went, i have no problem with it...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

Ha.... did you just make that up? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about in regard to GB's setup.

Just because they are investor owned doesn't mean they don't have money to spend. That is just WAY WAY off base.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

Ha.... did you just make that up? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about in regard to GB's setup.

Just because they are investor owned doesn't mean they don't have money to spend. That is just WAY WAY off base.

It's always the same with you.
You're just incapable of communicating like a normal person.
Always with the putdowns. I guess it makes you feel better about yourself.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
bitty wrote:

Here is Green Bays ticket prices
Tickets in the end-zone seats (sections 100-108, 131-138, 303-312 and 340-354), representing nearly half of the lower seating bowl, will increase $2 to $74.
Tickets from the 20‐yard line to the end zone (sections 109-114, 125-130, 314-320 and 332-338) will increase $5 to $85
Tickets between the 20-yard lines (sections 115-124 and 322-330) will increase $5 to $97.
http://greenbayconsumer.com/2013/02/packers-raise-ticket-prices-for-2013-season.html
Their PLS is $3000
The current user fee is $2,000 overall ($1,400 for the Green package and $600 for the Gold). The new fee will go up to $3,000 ($2,100 Green and $900 Gold).
The prices are really cheap for a place thats been sold out for last 50 years

Now take a look at the Giants one of the most expensive places to see a game.
http://blog.nj.com/giants_impact/2008/07/ySEAT18.pdf
If you ad the PLS it's like 5 times more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: