Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7th Round (216): Charles Johnson, WR, Grand Valley State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AaronCharles


Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 1397
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MikeVandermause 25m
It's early and rookies are in shorts. But I like the look of WR Charles Johnson, 7th rounder from Grand Valley St. Smooth, fluid, nice hands
_________________


[quote="DainTrain28"](Reggie White's four year, $17 million deal was larceny).[/quote]

Clearly unaware that White got the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blueswedeshoes


Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Posts: 1426
Location: WisKAHNsin
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AaronCharles wrote:
@MikeVandermause 25m
It's early and rookies are in shorts. But I like the look of WR Charles Johnson, 7th rounder from Grand Valley St. Smooth, fluid, nice hands


The last time I heard good stuff like that Cliff Christl was wowing about a rookie named Greg Jennings from some little school in upper central eastern Michigan.

Mebbe a staaar is born...hmmmm?
_________________
Homer wrote:
Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajhawk5047


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 1148
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
AaronCharles wrote:
@MikeVandermause 25m
It's early and rookies are in shorts. But I like the look of WR Charles Johnson, 7th rounder from Grand Valley St. Smooth, fluid, nice hands


The last time I heard good stuff like that Cliff Christl was wowing about a rookie named Greg Jennings from some little school in upper central eastern Michigan.

Mebbe a staaar is born...hmmmm?


well to be fair, we did hear the same things about jeremy thompson. still excited for this guy
_________________
Go Packers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13864
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very little doubt Johnson looks every bit the part in shorts. That's not just a track guy like some. He plays up to those paper numbers. Field fast! Big body, soft hands. He is going to turn heads in a setting such as this.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mxr124


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 855
Location: Dubuque, Ia.
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I have very little doubt Johnson looks every bit the part in shorts. That's not just a track guy like some. He plays up to those paper numbers. Field fast! Big body, soft hands. He is going to turn heads in a setting such as this.


Just what we need...another offense weapon Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pick6byWoodson


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 257
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I have very little doubt Johnson looks every bit the part in shorts. That's not just a track guy like some. He plays up to those paper numbers. Field fast! Big body, soft hands. He is going to turn heads in a setting such as this.

What round do you think he would've gone in most years, since this was such a deep WR class?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arodsmightybelt


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 2010
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so hard to not get excited about this guy.
_________________
Cutler Cutlering. Its so beautiful - Bears Are Legit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13864
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick6byWoodson wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I have very little doubt Johnson looks every bit the part in shorts. That's not just a track guy like some. He plays up to those paper numbers. Field fast! Big body, soft hands. He is going to turn heads in a setting such as this.

What round do you think he would've gone in most years, since this was such a deep WR class?


Had a high 4th round grade on him. Very deep class all the way around. Why so many drafted for need. Mid board grades were not much different than late board grades for many this year. Think Johnson could have gone as high as round 3 in many draft classes. Many go a round above grade when they fall in love. Not like anyone doubted the upside with Johnson. Just like us with Brown(PSU) I think most just had a better feel for a few others on their board. Man was talked about often late in the process though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2156
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I have very little doubt Johnson looks every bit the part in shorts. That's not just a track guy like some. He plays up to those paper numbers. Field fast! Big body, soft hands. He is going to turn heads in a setting such as this.


My old FB coach got invited to a private in-door rookie minicamp back in 2008. He said a lot of similar things from what he saw of James Jones that year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jiggad369


Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 1114
Location: Somerset, NJ
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this guy lives up to to the hype, could it be the Wizard's best pick as of yet?
_________________


TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler,
Sorry you got diabetes.
Love, Cookies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13864
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jiggad369 wrote:
If this guy lives up to to the hype, could it be the Wizard's best pick as of yet?


What hype?

I mean, I like the kid and all. But at the end of the day that's a 25 year old small school rookie. Kinda need to cut a slice out of the upside for that alone.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beast


Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 2275
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
jiggad369 wrote:
If this guy lives up to to the hype, could it be the Wizard's best pick as of yet?


What hype?

I mean, I like the kid and all. But at the end of the day that's a 25 year old small school rookie. Kinda need to cut a slice out of the upside for that alone.


He's got a TON of hype from fans... seems like fans are expecting him to show up as the clear 4th best WR... basicly fans are falling in love with his potential. Which is understandable, but just because he has the potential doesn't mean he'll reach it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jiggad369


Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 1114
Location: Somerset, NJ
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
jiggad369 wrote:
If this guy lives up to to the hype, could it be the Wizard's best pick as of yet?


What hype?

I mean, I like the kid and all. But at the end of the day that's a 25 year old small school rookie. Kinda need to cut a slice out of the upside for that alone.


He's got a TON of hype from fans... seems like fans are expecting him to show up as the clear 4th best WR... basicly fans are falling in love with his potential. Which is understandable, but just because he has the potential doesn't mean he'll reach it.


I would consider the "second coming of Driver" badge as being pretty hyped. Laughing
_________________


TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler,
Sorry you got diabetes.
Love, Cookies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13864
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
jiggad369 wrote:
If this guy lives up to to the hype, could it be the Wizard's best pick as of yet?


What hype?

I mean, I like the kid and all. But at the end of the day that's a 25 year old small school rookie. Kinda need to cut a slice out of the upside for that alone.


He's got a TON of hype from fans... seems like fans are expecting him to show up as the clear 4th best WR... basicly fans are falling in love with his potential. Which is understandable, but just because he has the potential doesn't mean he'll reach it.


I did not know that to tell the truth. I can see why though. Kids a very nice prospect.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gopackgonerd


Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 545
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta think him and Dorsey make the team. Jeremy Ross didn't play receiver that much last year. We got some Returners now like Franklin. Don't know if he fits on the team other than maybe special teams.

Usually Ted likes to keep his receivers he drafts. Don't know If I like Boykin either, plus he's coming off an injury.

Never know, 3 Rookie WRs could make the team this year.. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group