Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4th Round (125): Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toga

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
one of my big concerns is that we're going to plug lacy and franklin in and the exact same crap is going to happen.

i was always one of the opinion that the O-line did not do a very good job of run blocking overall. we've actually thrown a decent amount of guys back there, and none have really had any success.

i'd watch for holes to open up and most of the time there was absolutely nothing there.

Perhaps this is why we are seeing a significant shake up in the O-line. I don't like Sitton and Lang switching spots, but if it works for the better why not? I'd love to see Sitton and Lang playing both sides just to screw with the D-line. Both guys play a bit differently as Lang is more of a finesse type of Guard while Sitton appears to be a bit more of a brawler to me.

I do agree that it'll be very fun to watch this. I wasn't too keen on picking Johnathan Franklin going into this, but I'll reiterate that his strengths compliment that of Lacy and Harris.

Lang definitely is NOT a finesse guard
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toga wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
one of my big concerns is that we're going to plug lacy and franklin in and the exact same crap is going to happen.

i was always one of the opinion that the O-line did not do a very good job of run blocking overall. we've actually thrown a decent amount of guys back there, and none have really had any success.

i'd watch for holes to open up and most of the time there was absolutely nothing there.

Perhaps this is why we are seeing a significant shake up in the O-line. I don't like Sitton and Lang switching spots, but if it works for the better why not? I'd love to see Sitton and Lang playing both sides just to screw with the D-line. Both guys play a bit differently as Lang is more of a finesse type of Guard while Sitton appears to be a bit more of a brawler to me.

I do agree that it'll be very fun to watch this. I wasn't too keen on picking Johnathan Franklin going into this, but I'll reiterate that his strengths compliment that of Lacy and Harris.

Yeah, Lang is anything but finesse out there. Man is a bit of a bull in a China shop to tell the truth. Only guys I would call finesse on this Packers roster are Newhouse, Sherrod, Datko, and Bak. Sherrod, Datko, and Bak are all tough guys though. They just have a finesse playing style. Newhouse on the other hand is a bit of a kitty cat all the way around!

Big difference between a guy that's not tough and a finesse playing style though. Colledge was as tough as they come but his game was finesse all the way.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TomSilverstein

Quote:
#Packers RB Johnathan Franklin's deal is worth slightly more than $2.5 million over four years.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the guys attitude, just sounds like a packer person. Really excited to see both him and Lacy this year.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with Datone. Packer written all over them.
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Johnathan_Franklins_signature_play_with_passion/4a7c48a4-8f57-41b4-abe3-03da3bc3e995

Kid seems genuinely excited and says all the right things. Really pulling for him!
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can franklin return kicks/punts at all? if he can, that puts a lot more pressure on jeremy ross.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toga wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

Do you have a link?
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
can franklin return kicks/punts at all? if he can, that puts a lot more pressure on jeremy ross.

@MikeVandermause

Quote:
MM: Will be excited to watch Johnathan Franklin catch punts tomorrow. Didn't get a chance to do that today.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:

@MikeVandermause

Quote:
MM: Will be excited to watch Johnathan Franklin catch punts tomorrow. Didn't get a chance to do that today.

Me likely. A way to get him more touches.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for anyone that hasn't watched franklin's tape vs. stanford i highly recommend it. really gets me excited for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5GNiEpbFM

i have a feeling he might see a lot of his touches early in games with lacy closing out games to tire out defenses. i can't help but drool over the fact that we have 2 of the best RB's from this years draft. better run game always helps the passing game.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
for anyone that hasn't watched franklin's tape vs. stanford i highly recommend it. really gets me excited for him.

i have a feeling he might see a lot of his touches early in games with lacy closing out games to tire out defenses. i can't help but drool over the fact that we have 2 of the best RB's from this years draft. better run game always helps the passing game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5GNiEpbFM&feature=player_detailpage#t=172s

This play was a thing of beauty.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5GNiEpbFM&feature=player_detailpage#t=172s

This play was a thing of beauty.

yup. that one as well as the long TD run around 0:53. i had wide grins on my face during both of those runs. lacy tires em out, franklin does that. improved running game means defenses will have to respect it more. that means more opportunities for aaron to make teams look silly. SUPERB OWL
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he IS going to be eligible to take part in all OTAs according to profootballtalk.com.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Apparently he IS going to be eligible to take part in all OTAs according to profootballtalk.com.

yep. there's an interview with him on packers.com where he says all those rumors were made up. he's been done with school since last june.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: