Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Raiders Talk! V. 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
To get this question out of the way early...... Hard Knocks. Raiders organization ready for that yet?

Last year, I said it was too soon. This year I'm thinking it would be a great year. Rebuilding team with no expectations for winning, so it doesn't become a distraction.

It's interesting because there is still a lingering Al Davis memory in the building.

It'd be nice to see the players, coaches and interaction. There are some good characters on the team as well.

Thoughts.

Hell to the no.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
To get this question out of the way early...... Hard Knocks. Raiders organization ready for that yet?

Last year, I said it was too soon. This year I'm thinking it would be a great year. Rebuilding team with no expectations for winning, so it doesn't become a distraction.

It's interesting because there is still a lingering Al Davis memory in the building.

It'd be nice to see the players, coaches and interaction. There are some good characters on the team as well.

Thoughts.

Hell to the no.

Explain..... what do they have to lose?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Thoughts.

Hell to the no.

They have been preaching hard work and focus. This would conflict with that directly and be a distraction. It would be great TV with all the competition, but I don't think it would be the best move for the team.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Thoughts.

Hell to the no.

They have been preaching hard work and focus. This would conflict with that directly and be a distraction. It would be great TV with all the competition, but I don't think it would be the best move for the team.

I suppose. But I don't see the distraction. Miami didn't appear distracted or to lack focus being on Hard Knocks.

Honestly, if having a film crew around effects their focus and hard work, then the Raiders have the wrong group of coaches, players and FO people. Just my .02

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who wouldn't find that distracting? Rain Man?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do all the rookie Jersey's go up for sale? There's one particular Jersey I want to get but he's not a name brand.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Thoughts.

Hell to the no.

I suppose. But I don't see the distraction. Miami didn't appear distracted or to lack focus being on Hard Knocks.

Honestly, if having a film crew around effects their focus and hard work, then the Raiders have the wrong group of coaches, players and FO people. Just my .02

I agree. I think also it lets others see how the culture has changed and how Allen interacts with his team. Especially for those who wanted him gone after last season. We have a lot of interesting guys this time around. No more of those immature punks.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Do all the rookie Jersey's go up for sale? There's one particular Jersey I want to get but he's not a name brand.

Is it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L60aRgtgT8

lol
NickButera

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Is it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L60aRgtgT8

lol

Negative.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for some music to fill the gap between now and June, when the new QOTSA album comes out and I'm exhausted from all the eargasms. I'm not necessarily a music snob, but I have a particular "niche" I kinda fall into with the music I like. Things like KoRn, Genuflect, the aforementioned QOTSA, Kyuss, Flymore.

Yes, I am aware that's an extreme niche but, always remember, I don't give much thought to what other people think of the music I enjoy.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
I'm looking for some music to fill the gap between now and June, when the new QOTSA album comes out and I'm exhausted from all the eargasms. I'm not necessarily a music snob, but I have a particular "niche" I kinda fall into with the music I like. Things like KoRn, Genuflect, the aforementioned QOTSA, Kyuss, Flymore.

Yes, I am aware that's an extreme niche but, always remember, I don't give much thought to what other people think of the music I enjoy.

Dubstep.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numetal? Try the new Woe, Is Me. It's OK but might appeal more to you. At least that's what it sounds like to me. This coming from a guy who's jams right now are coming from an R&B singer who looks like he's a gutter punk. I have no idea WTF is wrong w/ me....it goes against everything I like about music but it's just so damn catchy w/ sick beats.... I hate life.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm try Device. Its Dave Draiman's (the singer from Distured) side project. They're alright; kinda crappy and boring to me, but sounds like you may enjoy them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K1q1pw04Bs

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Ummm try Device. Its Dave Draiman's (the singer from Distured) side project. They're alright; kinda crappy and boring to me, but sounds like you may enjoy them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K1q1pw04Bs

Our local stations, true to radio form, are completely overplaying "Vilify", although it is pretty catchy. I'll check out the other suggestion(s). Thank you all.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Thoughts.

Hell to the no.

+1

Hard Knocks is a side show and the Raiders want to considered a serious professional organization. Hard Knocks is a huge distraction and every season it seemingly becomes more and more difficult to find a team willing to let HBO behind their curtain. This may be the season there are no takers. There's a saying "If you can't be good be interesting" teams who participate in Hard Knocks (in recent years) are sending the message they will suck. The new Raiders want to be as boring as the Patriots.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 96 of 100

Jump to: