Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Romo, Defense and Draft Value (Articles)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Zapp

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually like to believe that any trade value chart the team uses changes annually and is subjective to that years draft class. For example, the cost of trading up to #1 or #2 in 2012 should be ranked monumentally higher on any potential trade chart than it should be to make the same trade in 2013. Teams should apply something relative to that theory each year for all 7 rounds of the draft.
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BryanBroaddus: My early look here during this team run period is that Callahan is calling the plays.

Hmmmmmm!!!!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez Bryant wrote:
"It's a whole different mindset going in," Bryant said. "No more games. No more wondering. I know what I'm doing. I got to come in and do what I did at the end of last year, and I hope to build on that." 

I really hope hes figured it out and doesn't just replicate the 2nd half of last year but improves upon it

Sig courtesy of mack.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@BryanBroaddus: My early look here during this team run period is that Callahan is calling the plays.

Hmmmmmm!!!!!

That's a plus.

I'm also happy to hear that things have apparently finally clicked for Dez. I'd expect him to improve upon that second half stretch last season this year.

^^^mack
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Dez Bryant wrote:
"It's a whole different mindset going in," Bryant said. "No more games. No more wondering. I know what I'm doing. I got to come in and do what I did at the end of last year, and I hope to build on that." 

I really hope hes figured it out and doesn't just replicate the 2nd half of last year but improves upon it

Is it really realistic for us to expect him to improve on his 2nd half last year? If you spread his last 8 games over a full season, he ends with 102 receptions, 1,788 yards, and 20 touchdowns. That's otherworldly.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Dez Bryant wrote:

Is it really realistic for us to expect him to improve on his 2nd half last year? If you spread his last 8 games over a full season, he ends with 102 receptions, 1,788 yards, and 20 touchdowns. That's otherworldly.

Even if he does that, MH will still call him a wasted draft pick. MH is Dez's biggest hater. Laughing

(kidding)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Dez Bryant wrote:

on the other hand, what if he does improve? That's some sacred fish (holy carp) right there.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Dez Bryant wrote:

Even if he does that, MH will still call him a wasted draft pick. MH is Dez's biggest hater. Laughing

(kidding)

Its not really a joke as I fully admit hating that pick at yhr time and was one of his bigger critica throughout his careet to date constantly pointinf out his weaknesses.

But imagibe if he grew and improved his routes and better understood the play in its entirety and not just his position. Imagine the possibilities if he reaches his full potential because I dont think hes touched it yet

Sig courtesy of mack.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Crawford is a very similar athlete to Henry Melton, IMO. Especially coming out of college. There are reports that Crawford is almost up to 300lbs. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they saw his future as the next Henry Melton.

Curious to why you would say that?

I watched Melton from the stands his freshman year in college. He was a beast. At running back. 4.7 yards per carry. 16 TDs. He ran a 4.6 40yd dash.

Crawford has played nothing but defense, ran a 4.8. Hardly the athletic freak that I have though Melton to be. Besides their height and weight.... I just don't see the comparison. I feel like Crawford is bigger and stronger than Melton, but Melton is faster and on another level as an athlete.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: