Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you have taken?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carimi's injury prevented him from having a full offseason of preparation for the position. It will be interesting to see if that makes any difference this year. I believe he may have still been experiencing some pain last year playing on that knee. He may have mentioned as much after-the-fact, but I cannot recall for sure.

With any luck, he will begin to progress, particularly now that we KNOW we have good O-line coaching. If not, it would make sense for him to be thrown on the scrap heap and examine better alternatives. Personally, I hope it does not come to that.

Despite Carimi's reputation as a road grading right tackle coming out of college, some degree of nepotism came into play because Tice's kid played with Carimi. We just have to hope that did not color the Bear's evaluation of how his skills would translate to the NFL.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm i would of..... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
I don't know why Emery didn't trade back in the 1st round....I would of traded back to pick #34......

Once again, I'm not sure why so many of you guys make it sound like trading down is so simple, like it's a one-way street where both sides don't have to agree on the terms. This seems to have been the general belief around here since January.

Bears54 wrote:
Kyle Long Still would of been available still and could of picked up an extra 3rd and 4th round pick.

Are we talking about on Earth, or in Fantasy Land?
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people expect irrefutable proof, even when evidence points in contradictory directions. However, they cannot be held accountable, since they have difficulty envisioning anything beyond what they conjure up in their own minds.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Some people expect irrefutable proof, even when evidence points in contradictory directions. However, they cannot be held accountable, since they have difficulty envisioning anything beyond what they conjure up in their own minds.

Pretty much.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

Pretty much.

Every once in a while I decide to attempt to teach a pig to sing. However, it always ends up the same way. I am frustrated, and the pig is confused. Wink
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, as it relates to this thread, I'd like to point out that if you go back to page one of this forum there are threads with people flipping about about the Bears not selecting Braylon Edwards, so... Laughing
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Also, as it relates to this thread, I'd like to point out that if you go back to page one of this forum there are threads with people flipping about about the Bears not selecting Braylon Edwards, so... Laughing

Really? The Bears never even had a shot to draft him, though in hindsight it still would have been an upgrade over Benson. lol

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
mikee

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IotaNet wrote:
raq11 wrote:
... Carimi...I don't know a Bears fan who wasn't getting nervous around pick 15 as to whether or not he'd be there. Both sure-fire 1st rounders, saying they weren't now is just distorting the facts.
This is the absolute truth. Bears fans (myself included) were ecstatic about Carimi falling to us! He was agreat pick but he simply hasn't panned out ... yet.

I know it will sound revisionist, but I for one had the complete opposite reaction. I wanted someone else to pick Carimi so badly. Hated the pick at the time, (I had a third round grade on him and I thought I was being generous). He was probably my least favorite "Top" prospect from that draft pool. The guy ended up on the ground about once a series while playing at Wisconsin and then fell down a couple of times while running drills at the combine. He never had good enough balance to play at a high level in the NFL. When Tice quickly installed him at RT and basically said he was going to stay there I had some level of hope because Carimi always had a 0% chance of playing LT in the NFL in my view and it drove me insane whenever people were calling for him to be installed there.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-1- Datone Jones (DE, UCLA) or Sharrif Floyd (DT, Florida)
Now don't get me wrong, I love the Kyle Long selection but two of my "draft binkies" were on the board here in Datone Jones who would eventually take over for Julius Peppers, while in the meantime would play the Israel Idonije role and Sharrif Floyd who would have been our third DT and gotten a lot of playing time as he rotates with Henry Melton as our three-technique.

-2- Brian Winters (OG, Kent State) or Arthur Brown (ILB, Kansas State)
Bostic would have been my third choice here but I had Arthur Brown rated much higher. Brian Winters, however would have been a slam-dunk here since we'd pass on Long as Winters would have easily been able to start at LG. Kiko Alonso would have been a great pick, too but he was off the board.

-4- Khaseem Greene (OLB, Rutgers) or Quinton Patton (WR, Louisiana Tech)
Khaseem Greene was the right choice. Greene is such an impact defender, easily the best pick. My alternative would have been Quinton Patton who would have made an excellent slot receiver.

-5- Jordan Mills (OL, Louisiana Tech) or Josh Boyd (DT, Mississippi State)

-6- Bacarri Rambo (S, Georgia) or Cornelius Washington (DE, Georgia)

-7- Da'Rick Rogers (WR, Tennessee Tech) or Marquess Wilson (WR, Washington State)

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee wrote:
Carimi always had a 0% chance of playing LT in the NFL in my view and it drove me insane whenever people were calling for him to be installed there.

Notice how after the Niners game this year those calls suddenly vanished without a trace. Kind of like all of those Caleb Hanie and fans... Laughing
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see some love going to some of the Packers picks, like Datone and Boyd. Razz

I'd like to get a point of view from Bears fans about whether you would take Eifert over Long?
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
Good to see some love going to some of the Packers picks, like Datone and Boyd. Razz

I'd like to get a point of view from Bears fans about whether you would take Eifert over Long?

I would have. I wanted Eifert for months leading up to the draft, and was beyond thrilled when he was there waiting for us at 20. I was terrified that we were going to take Te'o, but never would have thought of Long - despite how highly Cosell and Mayock thought of him.

That said, after listening to Emery explain his reasoning - and reading about how Kromer imagines this OL - I'm 100% behind the pick.

We'll see in 3 years how all this shakes out.

FWIW - If Eifert was gone, D Jones would have been my second choice.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:

I would have. I wanted Eifert for months leading up to the draft, and was beyond thrilled when he was there waiting for us at 20. I was terrified that we were going to take Te'o, but never would have thought of Long - despite how highly Cosell and Mayock thought of him.

That said, after listening to Emery explain his reasoning - and reading about how Kromer imagines this OL - I'm 100% behind the pick.

We'll see in 3 years how all this shakes out.

FWIW - If Eifert was gone, D Jones would have been my second choice.

Hahaha I live in Illinois and everyone did not like/want Manti Teo on the Bears. Even though every analyst out there thought he was a good fit there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: