You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sarkisian as coach TRESTMAN AS OFF CORD

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surferoncrack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Sarkisian as coach TRESTMAN AS OFF CORD Reply with quote

Raiders managing general partner Al Davis interviewed Marc Trestman on Tuesday for the offensive coordinator spot, a person familiar with the process confirmed. The Raiders did not issue any details about Trestman's interview. Trestman could not be reached for comment. Trestman worked for the Raiders from 2001-03. He engineered Oakland's top-ranked offense in 2002, the season the Raiders advanced to the Super Bowl. His most recent job was at North Carolina State University as its offensive coordinator. He got fired after the 2006 season ended.
Posted January 10, by Ben Maller
Digg this | Add to del.icio.us
Discuss in the Forums | Link
martins3325

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly why I suspect the Raiders will not be any good again while Al Davis is running the show. Now I have no beef with Trestman, but who in their right mind wants a Head Coach job that the Owner picked and dictated who you assistant coaches are going to be? Thats crazy! What is the head coach then..a cheerleader? He doesnt pick a Offense Coordinator that he likes and respects and is on the same page with, doesnt pick the Defensive Coordinator, the megalomaniac owner dictates the Draft. No wonder its considered the WORST head coach job in the NFL and guys like Petrino blow us off for Atlanta
sanfranraidersfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a 33 year old coach you cannot let him run wild. He did not let Gruden run wild his first year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martins3325 wrote:
who in their right mind wants a Head Coach job that the Owner picked and dictated who you assistant coaches are going to be? Thats crazy!

Too bad Al didn't pick our last "OC", He let shell pick it! LOOK HOW THAT TURNED OUT!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAIDERNATI0N wrote:
martins3325 wrote:
who in their right mind wants a Head Coach job that the Owner picked and dictated who you assistant coaches are going to be? Thats crazy!

Too bad Al didn't pick our last "OC", He let shell pick it! LOOK HOW THAT TURNED OUT!

So because AL picked the worst head coach possible..who in turn picked the worst coordinater possible THAT MAKES IT OK? Thats bad logic if you ask me. We will never attract a truly "hot" coaching prospect if you neuter him by dictating his staff.
surferoncrack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So because AL picked the worst head coach possible..who in turn picked the worst coordinater possible THAT MAKES IT OK? Thats bad logic if you ask me. We will never attract a truly "hot" coaching prospect if you neuter him by dictating his staff."

Trestman and Sarkisian worked together in 2002.
Totty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surferoncrack wrote:
"So because AL picked the worst head coach possible..who in turn picked the worst coordinater possible THAT MAKES IT OK? Thats bad logic if you ask me. We will never attract a truly "hot" coaching prospect if you neuter him by dictating his staff."

Trestman and Sarkisian worked together in 2002.

Good point...

One thing, I know your new, so I'll tell you this.... up in the right hand corner of everyones post...there is a "quote" button.... when you want to quote them, click that and then type underneath it in the text box.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
surferoncrack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you kind sir. I appreciate your help
War Room Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martins3325 wrote:
This is exactly why I suspect the Raiders will not be any good again while Al Davis is running the show. Now I have no beef with Trestman, but who in their right mind wants a Head Coach job that the Owner picked and dictated who you assistant coaches are going to be? Thats crazy! What is the head coach then..a cheerleader? He doesnt pick a Offense Coordinator that he likes and respects and is on the same page with, doesnt pick the Defensive Coordinator, the megalomaniac owner dictates the Draft. No wonder its considered the WORST head coach job in the NFL and guys like Petrino blow us off for Atlanta

You were obviously the one reader that bought into Ann Killions story.
Your comments reek of her article, you must be a borderline 49er fan.

She hates the Raiders, do you?

I am proud to have Davis running the show. Yeah, we've had a few lean years, but all teams do. How dare you even state that the new coach have the authority to change defensive coordinators, that makes no sense. And owners often DO the choosing of OC, especially owners like Davis with a full knowledge and background of football.

So you want to celebrate him when he finds the gems, ala Madden, Flores, Gruden, etc...and hang him when the Raiders fail?
That's not being a very loyal fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Room Slayer wrote:
martins3325 wrote:

I am proud to have Davis running the show. Yeah, we've had a few lean years, but all teams do. How dare you even state that the new coach have the authority to change defensive coordinators, that makes no sense. And owners often DO the choosing of OC, especially owners like Davis with a full knowledge and background of football.

So you want to celebrate him when he finds the gems, ala Madden, Flores, Gruden, etc...and hang him when the Raiders fail?
That's not being a very loyal fan

One of the best posts I've seen in awhile. People need to stop bashing the man that made this franchise.
martins3325

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Room Slayer wrote:
You were obviously the one reader that bought into Ann Killions story. Your comments reek of her article, you must be a borderline 49er fan..

Umm I dont even know who the heck that is..no not a 49ers fan could care less about them..or what you think for that matter, since you are the type to assume you know anything about me based on a post on a football forum

War Room Slayer wrote:

Quite the opposite..ive probably been a Raiders fan longer than you have and I know ive posted here more than you have..I suppose your one of those neo-conservative types that blindly follow bad leadership. And "how dare" anyone question it when they lead you right off a cliff

War Room Slayer wrote:
I am proud to have Davis running the show. Yeah, we've had a few lean years, but all teams do.

Im glad for you that you are "proud" I am proud of what he achieved..but I am not proud of the way he has run the team since he dug his claws in deeper after Gruden left
War Room Slayer wrote:
How dare you even state that the new coach have the authority to change defensive coordinators, that makes no sense. And owners often DO the choosing of OC, especially owners like Davis with a full knowledge and background of football.

I "dare" to say what I think because this is frigging America and I can say what I think..and at no point did I say someone should change Defensive Coordinators..I did say no "hot prospect" Head Coach would want a job where he couldnt pick his staff..especially if your looking for an "offensive genius" but your going to tell him you already hired his coordinator "so deal with it". The only guys you'll get under those conditions is the guys looking for their "big shot" then if you get a good one --like Gruden-- they split when they've made their name --like Gruden--. Think you'd EVER get a Bill Parcells, Mike Holmgren, or Bill Cower, after telling them they cant hire not only their DC but their OC either?

War Room Slayer wrote:
That's not being a very loyal fan.

[EDITED BY MODERATOR]
raidersfan1281

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hungry Man wrote:
War Room Slayer wrote:
martins3325 wrote:

That's not being a very loyal fan

One of the best posts I've seen in awhile. People need to stop bashing the man that made this franchise.

Amen brother!
surferoncrack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDITED BY MODERATOR]

We do not discuss politics here, surferoncrack. Consider this a warning.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martins3325, you've been a member long enough to know that we do not discuss politics on the forums. Consider this a warning on the issue. Please be more careful in the future.

Thanks.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has deteriorated into disrespectful and rule-breaking. I'm going to lock it, especially since we already have a similar thread running.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: