Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Signings Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dijatool

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
During the offseason, there is no practice squad. Just a roster beginning at 90 before being trimmed to 53. Once the rosters are set at 53 players may sign to the practice squad. I am not positive, but I do not remember these players having to pass through waivers to make it to our practice squad.

Wiki wrote:
Practice squad players are free agents; they can be signed to any team's 53-man roster at any time during the season. In other words, NFL teams are free to "poach" other teams' practice squads without compensating the teams. Additionally, the NFL has a program through which foreign players may be assigned to teams' practice squads, called the International Practice Squad Program.[3]

They do have to pass through waivers. The process is cut, waivers, signed to practice squad. That makes it tricky sometimes to get players there whom other teams covet (although signing someone from waivers means they count against your 53 for at least 3 weeks).

The international player roster exemption is kind of interesting and maybe we'll see the Lions play with it this year. No else has that I'm aware of.
Beast

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:

The international player roster exemption is kind of interesting and maybe we'll see the Lions play with it this year. No else has that I'm aware of.

The 49ers signed that British Olympic discus player... who might qualify for that...

Of course if I had an open spot on a need in need of a player with potential I might claimed that guy off waivers just to get a closer/longer look at him in person.

The guy has a lot of physical talent... weather that translate to football talent or not is left to be seen.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders just signed CB Mitchell White... who just so happens to be the identical twin of our UDFA WR Myles White. Funny that Thompson signs one twin and McKenzie signs the other. Laughing
jake1962

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know much about this converted wide receiver, Brandon Smith, TT signed at CB? Looks like he is 6'-1" 200+ with 4.3 speed. After a horrendous start to his college career he didn't do much at WR. Ankle, hamstring, ACL respectively forced him to miss all, but one game in the '07 through '09 seasons. Other than he was with Seattle last year and was urged by Carroll to switch to CB I can't seem to find much.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody interested in picking up Maysonette? There was some buzz around the forum after his pro day.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
justo

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Anybody interested in picking up Maysonette? There was some buzz around the forum after his pro day.
Not after the draft we had. I wonder why he got cut.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
#s. Hope he gets picked up by a needy team.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

The two things I've heard: 1) He was expendable after they brought in Felix Jones. He was their 6th rb and got lost in a numbers game. 2) There is disconnect already between Eagles' Chip Kelly and Howie Roseman, and one guy wanted him so they signed him and the other didn't so he got cut.

My best bet, something of both, coupled with the fact that he is easily expendable as a UDFA from a small school. I don't think he'd add much competition to the position, but he has great intangibles, and would be a good PS body.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

The two things I've heard: 1) He was expendable after they brought in Felix Jones. He was their 6th rb and got lost in a numbers game. 2) There is disconnect already between Eagles' Chip Kelly and Howie Roseman, and one guy wanted him so they signed him and the other didn't so he got cut.

My best bet, something of both, coupled with the fact that he is easily expendable as a UDFA from a small school. I don't think he'd add much competition to the position, but he has great intangibles, and would be a good PS body.
We already have Pease turning heads as a PS body. Let Miguel go somewhere he can get an actual shot. Why do I feel that disconnect is how Barkley got drafted...
justo

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

We already have Pease turning heads as a PS body. Let Miguel go somewhere he can get an actual shot. Why do I feel that disconnect is how Barkley got drafted...
Kelly said that he's not putting his hands into the picking pool. At the press conference Kelly said the Eagles had Barkley as a top 50 prospect, FWIW.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

Kelly said that he's not putting his hands into the picking pool. At the press conference Kelly said the Eagles had Barkley as a top 50 prospect, FWIW.
I live by Philly. It's not worth much.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

I was listening to the Philly talk radio while I was up there last week(think it was Angelo Cataldi and his crew). They couldn't stop sucking up to Chip Kelly in his pressers. Kelly seems to be playing the media very well up there and leaving them in the dark. Matt Barkley was a BPA pick and will eventually take over for Vick/Foles once he's ready. I thought that was a good pick for Philly TBH.

On a separate note, they played this hilarious parody of "Why Do Fools Fall in Love" only it was called "Why Do Fools Keep Getting Jobs." They really ripped into Eddie Jordan... I can't find a recording of it, but if I do I'll stick it in the TAPT thread.

As for Miggy Mayonaise, I think KC or Cincy might be a good place for him to land.

Also, anyone know anything about Jonathan Amosa, Donte Savage, or Jarvis Wilson? Packers.com is listing we signed them; didn't see anything mentioned here.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

I was listening to the Philly talk radio while I was up there last week(think it was Angelo Cataldi and his crew). They couldn't stop sucking up to Chip Kelly in his pressers. Kelly seems to be playing the media very well up there and leaving them in the dark. Matt Barkley was a BPA pick and will eventually take over for Vick/Foles once he's ready. I thought that was a good pick for Philly TBH.

On a separate note, they played this hilarious parody of "Why Do Fools Fall in Love" only it was called "Why Do Fools Keep Getting Jobs." They really ripped into Eddie Jordan... I can't find a recording of it, but if I do I'll stick it in the TAPT thread.

As for Miggy Mayonaise, I think KC or Cincy might be a good place for him to land.

Also, anyone know anything about Jonathan Amosa, Donte Savage, or Jarvis Wilson? Packers.com is listing we signed them; didn't see anything mentioned here.
ERMAHGERD! MERT BERKELY!!! I thought it was a lousy pick. I also love how Philly will justify one of Barkley's flaws(ie turnovers) with one of a few certain reasons, then trash Vick for the same flaw even though said justification (ie Coaching, OL, DL) also qualifies Sir PuppySlayer. The hypocrisy in this town... Barkley is going to hold the clipboard for a LONG time. Also, only sports station I listen to up here anymore is 97.5 the fanatic. Specifically Nick Kale and Sean Brace.

Browns picked up Mayso.
justo

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the Tretter news, I'm starting the Lane Taylor hype train. Hop on
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
After the Tretter news, I'm starting the Lane Taylor hype train. Hop on
Hell no. I already adopted Pat Lewis, remember?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: