Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ESPN Radio: Miami have a meeting with Tebow this morning.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpticon

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been reported literally nowhere.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
This has been reported literally nowhere.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick wall
Emerica

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN: "Miami has not said a thing about the Tim Tebow situation. That must mean they're interested. Right guys? Right? We can't let Tebow leave the league, guys"

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pray d'oh! Shame on you

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
joeyL.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
joeyL. wrote:
If something comes of this I think it would sour the whole offseason for me.

Why? There is so much hate for this guy that people can't see clearly and think rationally about him. How do I know this? Cause of statements like this.

If we signed Brady Quinn to compete to be our backup QB would anyone say it ruined our offseason? Shoot, we could sign John Beck to come tryout again, and no one would bat an eye. Who would care? It's just a tryout. There is no guarantee he makes the team, and even if he does, it would probably be because he earned it. So why do people say these things about Tebow? Hatin pure and simple.

And not even for the right reasons. I understand hatin on Michael Vick. I understand hatin on guys like Ocho Cinco, or TO, even though I personally don't.

The guy is a much better human being than I am. I don't share all the same beliefs as him, but at least he believes in something and lives his life with conviction. And he has the attitude on the football field that we only wish half our team felt as passionately about. Sure the Media and his fans gave him this godlike status, but hate the media and his fans for that. Don't hate the player.

I'll say it again though. I hope if we sign him it's on a 2 year deal to come in and try his hand as an H-back. That's where I see him succeeding in the NFL. If he can humble himself and do that, then I'll be glad we signed him. If they bring him in to compete at QB, then I think it will be a waste of time. Do I think it will do anything to taint our offseason? No more than signing McNabb's mom to come in and tryout at QB? It makes no difference to the overall offseason.

I meant it as more of a distraction than anything else. It would be un needed media attention that Could only harm our club. Look at the circus that surrounded Denver and the jets. Also, why would you wanna do that to Tanny. How quickly would the Tebow chants start if tannehill struggles out of the gate? I think that would be unfair to Ryan personally.

I love Tebow as a person and a football player but not as a QB and not to sell tickets (which is the only reason I see behind signing him. He can't beat out Matt Moore and I don't even think he would beat out the teachers pet either)

There was no hate intended in my post, just saying that I feel it would be a 3 steps forward, two step back kinda situation. There is no good that can come of it in my opinion.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
SUG

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt this materializes into anything.
Ross couldn't possibly put Philbin in such a bad position after all the fans & critics pointed out Mis reached for Tannehill.
The kid showed some flashes of the talent he posse's making reads, throwing & physically.
He is the "Anti Tebow" for cryin out loud ! Smile

sug
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Nacho Simulation Football League
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we talked about Dolphins stuff here might want to move this to the Sharks thread.

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-11 )
65.4% CMP - 2354 yards -17 TD's - 7 INT's - 92.2 Rat /RUSH 261 Yards 37 Atmts
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
joeyL. wrote:

Why? There is so much hate for this guy that people can't see clearly and think rationally about him. How do I know this? Cause of statements like this.

If we signed Brady Quinn to compete to be our backup QB would anyone say it ruined our offseason? Shoot, we could sign John Beck to come tryout again, and no one would bat an eye. Who would care? It's just a tryout. There is no guarantee he makes the team, and even if he does, it would probably be because he earned it. So why do people say these things about Tebow? Hatin pure and simple.

And not even for the right reasons. I understand hatin on Michael Vick. I understand hatin on guys like Ocho Cinco, or TO, even though I personally don't.

The guy is a much better human being than I am. I don't share all the same beliefs as him, but at least he believes in something and lives his life with conviction. And he has the attitude on the football field that we only wish half our team felt as passionately about. Sure the Media and his fans gave him this godlike status, but hate the media and his fans for that. Don't hate the player.

I'll say it again though. I hope if we sign him it's on a 2 year deal to come in and try his hand as an H-back. That's where I see him succeeding in the NFL. If he can humble himself and do that, then I'll be glad we signed him. If they bring him in to compete at QB, then I think it will be a waste of time. Do I think it will do anything to taint our offseason? No more than signing McNabb's mom to come in and tryout at QB? It makes no difference to the overall offseason.

You have totally missed it. Tebow has said he only wants to play QB, yet he is horrible at it. So your logic makes no sense as Tebow is not going to play HB. More importantly, fans are get turned off when you put sizzle and excitement over winning. Tebow does nothing for the Dolphins at all. Nothing has changed from last year when Miami said "Tebow does not fit our scheme".

Perhaps they are speaking with Tebow in taking a role similar to what Charles Clay has. If so, fine but you cannot put him on your team as a QB.

He is not a good QB and I get peeved when guys like you defend him when it has nothing to do with him as a person. I could care less if he built 1000 orphanages. I am a fan. I want you to do what your position dictates. If you are a QB, then show the attributes of one, which is consistently completing passes.

Dude, I do not mean to come at you per say but this Tebow love has to stop. He is nothing but a distraction unless his position changes.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
joeyL. wrote:

You have totally missed it. Tebow has said he only wants to play QB, yet he is horrible at it. So your logic makes no sense as Tebow is not going to play HB. More importantly, fans are get turned off when you put sizzle and excitement over winning. Tebow does nothing for the Dolphins at all. Nothing has changed from last year when Miami said "Tebow does not fit our scheme".

Perhaps they are speaking with Tebow in taking a role similar to what Charles Clay has. If so, fine but you cannot put him on your team as a QB.

He is not a good QB and I get peeved when guys like you defend him when it has nothing to do with him as a person. I could care less if he built 1000 orphanages. I am a fan. I want you to do what your position dictates. If you are a QB, then show the attributes of one, which is consistently completing passes.

Dude, I do not mean to come at you per say but this Tebow love has to stop. He is nothing but a distraction unless his position changes.

I agree and have said, he has no business being signed by Miami to play QB. I was just saying if he was that it wouldn't tarnish our offseason, cause he likely wouldn't even beat out our current third string QB.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
I thought we talked about Dolphins stuff here might want to move this to the Sharks thread.

Lol I love Cap Rooney mean mugging in the background.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

Lol I love Cap Rooney mean mugging in the background.

Quote:
On any given Sunday you're gonna win or you're gonna lose. The point is - can you win or lose like a man?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: