Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

For everyone who constantly screams BPA!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We landed Bruce Carter because we stuck to our board and didn't draft for need. We don't have Lesean McCoy (or ANYBODY else from 2009, for that matter) because we deviated from our board. After all, we had Felix Jones and Marion Barber. We didn't need a runningback.

It's always the best when you can manipulate the draft and have need meet BPA (like we did with Dez Bryant, Mo Claiborne, Tyron Smith). But you can't always do that. This is the NFL. Careers are short. Getting stud football players on your team is always a good strategy. Don't reach for need.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
We landed Bruce Carter because we stuck to our board and didn't draft for need. We don't have Lesean McCoy (or ANYBODY else from 2009, for that matter) because we deviated from our board. After all, we had Felix Jones and Marion Barber. We didn't need a runningback.

It's always the best when you can manipulate the draft and have need meet BPA (like we did with Dez Bryant, Mo Claiborne, Tyron Smith). But you can't always do that. This is the NFL. Careers are short. Getting stud football players on your team is always a good strategy. Don't reach for need.

So you're telling me we drafted for need by trading out of the first and second rounds? That was nothing more than pure stupidity on Jerry's part.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

So you're telling me we drafted for need by trading out of the first and second rounds? That was nothing more than pure stupidity on Jerry's part.

In a sense, yes. The top rated player on Dallas' board was Lesean McCoy. However, since Dallas already had Felix Jones and Marion Barber, the Cowboy's felt that need was more important than selecting the BPA and moved down.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought the Cowboys had JJ Watt rated higher than Smith, but OT was a greater need than DE in 10.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

I'm telling you the Cowboys did not draft Lesean McCoy, their only remaining first round graded player, because they thought they didn't need a runningback.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindsight is 20/20, grass is always greener, and bad drafts hurt long-term.

I'm sure I'll go back and forth on this as long as I'm breathing and the NFL is in existence, but with the short careers and guaranteed busts how can you not go BPA, or at least have tiers of comparable BPA at positions of need if you really can't live with tossing need out completely? We just locked Romo up for another 6 years, was it? We've got time to keep building and I look forward to seeing where the past couple drafts take us this year.
sniderboys23

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denus wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20, grass is always greener, and bad drafts hurt long-term.

I'm sure I'll go back and forth on this as long as I'm breathing and the NFL is in existence, but with the short careers and guaranteed busts how can you not go BPA, or at least have tiers of comparable BPA at positions of need if you really can't live with tossing need out completely? We just locked Romo up for another 6 years, was it? We've got time to keep building and I look forward to seeing where the past couple drafts take us this year.
this. Because I believer JG has been drafting well ever since he got here. If you don't draft well your team will not be good all the way around. IMO if we keep building like we have been we could be a team to contend with. If not this year.

Major Props to El Ramster!!!!
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be argued that the cowboys addressed needs and didnt go BPA.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/5/9/4314532/cowboys-2013-offseason-assessing-the-roster-changes

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: