Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade the 2010 Draft - 3 years Later
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Grade is...
A
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
B
51%
 51%  [ 16 ]
C
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Too Early
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft has potential to be an A. If Dez continues into next year with how he finished this year and if Lee can build on his successes and stay healthy - game on. For now, I give it a B.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Grade the 2010 Draft - 3 years Later Reply with quote

I gave it an A.

Dez is a freak of nature and arguably one the very best in the league at the wide receiver position.

Sean Lee is one of my favorite players. He is an absolute beast, a tremendous leader, and is very smart. Downside has been the injuries, but at least they havent been the same injury year after year. There is hope he can shake this "injury bug".

For a 7th round pick Lissemore was an absolute steal. He has the potential to be a starter if he can take his game to the next level.

Since you included the undrafted FA's...

I have always liked church. Showed signs of being a real good player last year. If he is healthy i think he fits this tampa 2 very well at SS.

Costa sucks, but is still with the team i guess. Not a bad backup. Burningduece is still pegged to be a starter right now...Costa just might be good enough to start over him at guard. That doesnt mean he is a starting caliber guard tho...at all.

OVERALL

With that many people still competing on the roster and competing at a high level, I had to give it an A. Getting two players like Lee and Dez is enough for an A. They are the future of this team.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
I think to warrant an "A" you have to get a star in the early rounds, a solid starter in the middle rounds, and a late round contributor. We got a late round contributor in Liss, we missed in the middle, but made up for it by scoring not 1 but 2 stars in the first two rounds.

If the '10 draft is an A, then what's the '05 draft (an all-time great in Ware, a stud in Ratliff, two good starters in Canty and Barber, two useful backups/JAGs in Spears and Burnett)? You've gotta keep it in perspective. This isn't even as good as '11.

You dont grade on a curve you grade by your criiteria. This meets my criteria for an A. Just because 05 was better doesn't mean anything less is worse than an A

Why wouldn't you grade on a curve when one is significantly better than the other? It's not like the 05 draft is an outlier (for Dallas, maybe, but plenty of other teams have had comparable drafts this decade). Why would you say two things are equal when they aren't?

This draft doesn't even touch 2011 IMO. It's above average but not that far so.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UDFA isn't part of drafting in my books. That's free agency. Lee and Bryant are A+ picks, Lissemore is solid. I can't warrant more then a C right now.

If Bryant stays on his progression path, Lee gets healthy and Lissemore makes that next step this year I can see it going up to an A though.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
UDFA isn't part of drafting in my books. That's free agency. Lee and Bryant are A+ picks, Lissemore is solid. I can't warrant more then a C right now.

If Bryant stays on his progression path, Lee gets healthy and Lissemore makes that next step this year I can see it going up to an A though.

I honestly thought the C votes were jokes. Interesting.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:

I honestly thought the C votes were jokes. Interesting.

I'm not a Jerry hater, or draft hater, but the pure production form this draft is a C. Potential is an A. None of the pick have reached their full potential and have struggled to stay on the field. Before this year people were quietly worrying Bryant wasn't going to take that next step.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
I think to warrant an "A" you have to get a star in the early rounds, a solid starter in the middle rounds, and a late round contributor. We got a late round contributor in Liss, we missed in the middle, but made up for it by scoring not 1 but 2 stars in the first two rounds.

If the '10 draft is an A, then what's the '05 draft (an all-time great in Ware, a stud in Ratliff, two good starters in Canty and Barber, two useful backups/JAGs in Spears and Burnett)? You've gotta keep it in perspective. This isn't even as good as '11.

You dont grade on a curve you grade by your criiteria. This meets my criteria for an A. Just because 05 was better doesn't mean anything less is worse than an A

Why wouldn't you grade on a curve when one is significantly better than the other? It's not like the 05 draft is an outlier (for Dallas, maybe, but plenty of other teams have had comparable drafts this decade). Why would you say two things are equal when they aren't?

For you to consider your career successful do you have to make as muvh as Bill Gates?

Sig courtesy of mack.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say a B- with potential for a B+ or even an A. That would come if:

1. All 3 players can stay healthy for 1 entire season.
2. In doing so they could reach their full potential thus proving their collective worth to the team.
3. That would lead to this team becoming a regular in the postseason. As it is, we are a regular (1 win and you are in) team, and we all know how that turned out. So if these guys can stay healthy and contribute to this team getting over the hump and into the postseason for the majority of the next 5 years (that's 3 out of 5 folks) then I would say an A.

As it is, half of the players taken in the regular draft are not even on the team. You also have to account for that. You cannot just look at the star players we got and dismiss the players that didn't pan out as "Oh well." This post is about grading the "DRAFT" not "The Best Players Taken in that Draft."

As for the UDFA's, I don't know. I mean, we just took a C with our 1st overall pick this year so what does that tell you? And before anyone points out that he also plays G, consider we traded a 7th round pick for a C last year so I wouldn't even count Costa in the mix.
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

For you to consider your career successful do you have to make as muvh as Bill Gates?

No,but you do have to be Employee of the Month.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam Chancellor instead of Owusu-Ansah would have been great.

I'd give it a C+ as of right now, but if Lee can stay healthy this year, Lissemore can grow under Marinelli and Bryant picks up where he left off last year I think a B+ or A rating would be fair.

^^^mack
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B+

Dez is a monster. If he can put together a full season comparable to the 2nd half of last season - top 3 WR isn't a reach.

I love Lee, but we need him to stay healthy.

Lissy is a solid guy, but like everyone else said, rds 4-6 are bad
Northland

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious about the criteria used to evaluate this draft and give it an A. Our draft in question has landed us a WR who is on the verge of being one of the dominant receivers in the game. Bryant was a great pick. A LB who when on the field is terrific, but he has proven to be fragile to date; and a rotatational DL. A great WR, a fragile LB, and a rotational DL warrants an A? Not to be confrontational or a nit picker but I really don't know what to give this draft. Maybe a C+ that can improve if Lee stays healthy and we see more of Lissemore.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Kam Chancellor instead of Owusu-Ansah would have been great.

I'd give it a C+ as of right now, but if Lee can stay healthy this year, Lissemore can grow under Marinelli and Bryant picks up where he left off last year I think a B+ or A rating would be fair.

100% this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: