Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

80th pick: S J.J. Wilcox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan Broaddus wrote:
One of my favorite players to study on tape…this guy is not afraid to blow you up but you will also see him play a little in coverage….is a physical player like a linebacker…is very aggressive…will be a little too aggressive at times and miss in space but will wrap you up too…
Has some strength when he tackles…ball carrier is on the ground…not afraid to be part of the attack…once he sees it, he is gone…does a nice job of avoiding blocks…will really rally to the ball…arrives with a bad attitude…can stay with his man in coverage but this is the area will he need the most work because he hasn’t had many opportunities…
Will need to work on recognition but you don’t see busts or a dumb player here…better when he can come forward…emotional player…will carry the tight end up the field…can beat blocks in space…when he gets going, he can cover some ground…
Loves to throw his body around…plays with huge effort…nose for the ball…has been a kickoff return man in his career…averaged over 25 yards a return…was a wide receiver early in his career….he will not be a hard player to find on the field…

Sig courtesy of mack.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I freakin' love this guy. He's been a pet cat of mine for a while. I understand why people worry about Ansah, but I've watched every bit of tape I can on this guy. He's a football player. His upside is through the roof, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I freakin' love this guy. He's been a pet cat of mine for a while. I understand why people worry about Ansah, but I've watched every bit of tape I can on this guy. He's a football player. His upside is through the roof, IMO.

Surprised by your concern around Webb but your love for Wilcox

Sig courtesy of mack.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

I understand. And I am concerned about the level of competition jump here as well.

But I absolutely love what I see from Wilcox on tape. I think his upside with the Cowboys is that of a stud safety, while Webb probably has the upside of a good nickel cornerback. Even if the risk is the same, the reward is potentially a lot larger with Wilcox, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

I understand. And I am concerned about the level of competition jump here as well.

But I absolutely love what I see from Wilcox on tape. I think his upside with the Cowboys is that of a stud safety, while Webb probably has the upside of a good nickel cornerback. Even if the risk is the same, the reward is potentially a lot larger with Wilcox, IMO.

I completely disagree. Their ceiling might be about the same, but Webb's floor is much higher. Wilcox is raw, reckless, and slow to read the offense while Webb is reactive, technically sound, and a solid tackler. Go watch JJ's game footage against Old Dominion. Its absolutely atrocious.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the luxury of seeing this kid play with my own two eyes. He looked like a man amongst boys. He was out there just thumpin' people. Doing grown man things. He is easily the best athlete we have at safety. I know he was playing at a lower level of competition, but he is an elite athlete, and is easy to spot on the field.

I bet Wilcox starts this year...

I'll help carry the flag for the bandwagon if anyone wants to file in, now is your chance. This guy will be a major contributor.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Denus

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
He was out there just thumpin' people. Doing grown man things.

This brings a sense of peace and happiness to my offseason... Matt Johnson is a thumper, too... I hope they become the tag team their potential suggests. Would HATE to be the meat in that Safety sammich.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denus wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
He was out there just thumpin' people. Doing grown man things.

This brings a sense of peace and happiness to my offseason... Matt Johnson is a thumper, too... I hope they become the tag team their potential suggests. Would HATE to be the meat in that Safety sammich.

First... Welcome to the forum...

2nd... I don't know much about Johnson, but when I saw him in limited action in preseason I was like.... OHHHHHH that's what they saw in him.... Hope he can stay healthy. These two small schools have the potential ceiling to be the best safety tandem in the league. Unfortunately the floor is them not being in the league soon.

I have seen Wilcox and know what he can bring. I would love an elite safety combo of Johnson and Wilcox....

Plus the name Wilcox just sounds like a safety... doesn't it?

Annnn WILCOX WITH THE BALL JARRING HIT!!! I'm getting ahead of myself, but Iv'e heard it before, and expect to hear it again...

Very excited about this kid being on my team this time...

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for all those who are stuck on the "lower level of competition" thing... this guy dominated the senior bowl..

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/02/senior_bowl_review_georgia_sou.html

Trust me.... you will be surprised.....

Get on the band wagon now....

There are to many seats available.....

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
And for all those who are stuck on the "lower level of competition" thing... this guy dominated the senior bowl..

Nice to see him above Rambo, who a lot of people liked.

Also, it makes me laugh thinking about all the people last year who said Robert Lester made Mark Barron look good.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Also, it makes me laugh thinking about all the people last year who said Robert Lester made Mark Barron look good.

I was totally one of those people. Lester failed me hard. Confused

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

I was a Rambo supporter. I still am. I think he will be a solid safety in the NFL. Unfortunately he is currently scheduled to be on the redskins roster. gross...

Thankfully we got the better safety in Wilcox. Bacarri dropped because he smokes, and Wilcox dropped because his schools' size. Wilcox didn't drop as far because he is better physically.

With Rambo's off field issue, one could say Wilcox is better mentally too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1619943-jj-wilcox-to-cowboys-how-does-safety-fit-with-dallas

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: