Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What to do about crowded Oline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: What to do about crowded Oline Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/nixon-looking-fresh-start

It seems we are going to have some tough secisions to make this year getting down to 53. Tandler had a nice little article about Nixon and it got me thinking.....whos it gonna be?

We know one at least is Trent...no brainer.

I think it will be interesting to watch the battle between Leribus and Lichtensteiger. When Kory went down for a game last year, Josh was able to step in and not miss a beat. Also, Kory has had issues with the injury bug. Lets also not forget that Kory was the most penilized Olinemen we had last year. I am hoping Kory comes in healthy, one year removed from ACL surgery, and gets back to his dominant self.

Something else I was thinking about was to move Kory to his more natural position center and play Josh at left guard. Montgomery has played very well for us at center, but he is 30 and seems to have problems with Shotgun snaps being all over the place.......

IM pretty sure Chester is good at right guard. He has been pretty good, and Im not sure Gattis is far enough along to challenge for playing time.

That brings us to RT..... Its seems Mike is content with Polumbus starting at RT. The coaches seem to really like Compton, and I think he has a chance to compete for the starting job. What to do about the rest? I think Trueblood and Pashos are camp bodies....bag up plan if we couldnt get asnyone else in camp...... Xavier Nixon seems to be a couple years away, but has a ton of promise. His problems seem to be technique which is fixable by good coaching. Do we take a shot at putting him on the PS to let him develope, or do we give him a roster spot and keep him inactive every week? To keep him on the roster we would have to let Mo Hurt go....and Im not sure thats a good Idea!!!!! IF Compton is ready to go, it prolly wouldnt be so bad. I just hate the idea of leting a quality young Olineman walk for nothing!!

1) Williams, Compton
2) Kory, LeRibus
3) Monty
4) Chester, Gettis
5) Polumbus, Hurt

1) Williams, Compton
2) LeRibus Hurt
3) Kory
4) Chester, Gettis
5) Polumbus, Nixon

1) Williams, Hurt
2) Kory, LeRibus
3) Monty
4) Chester, Gettis
5) Compton, Polumbus

There are going to be some extremely tough decissions to be made to get to 53....... We can keep the guys we have and roll the dice on a guy like Nixon on the PS, or keep Nixon on the 53 and let someone walk. I realize camp hasnt even started yet, and we got a long way to go. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about the Oline situation.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most certainly would not cut Monty. He's a good center. That, and he just got a new contract last offseason. If anything, we should trade him to some center-needing team. He also just hit 30 in February. I'm not sure how relevant that is, but I think he'll finish out his contract and possibly retire at 33.

Oh and it's spelled "penalized", Marcus. Laughing
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
I most certainly would not cut Monty. He's a good center. That, and he just got a new contract last offseason. If anything, we should trade him to some center-needing team. He also just hit 30 in February. I'm not sure how relevant that is, but I think he'll finish out his contract and possibly retire at 33.

Oh and it's spelled "penalized", Marcus. Laughing

Im sticking with penilized!!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is different than any you projected.

LT: Trent, Compton
LG: Lichtensteiger, LeRibeus
C: Monty
RG: Chester, Hurt
RT: Polumbus, Pashos

Practice squad: Adam Gettis, Xaiver Nixon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Mine is different than any you projected.

LT: Trent, Compton
LG: Lichtensteiger, LeRibeus
C: Monty
RG: Chester, Hurt
RT: Polumbus, Pashos

Practice squad: Adam Gettis, Xaiver Nixon
This.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be shocked is Trueblood or Pashos wins the job..Compton could be the swing tackle. Cut the loser and Polumbus.. Mo Hurt backs up at RT also.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I won't be shocked is Trueblood or Pashos wins the job..Compton could be the swing tackle. Cut the loser and Polumbus.. Mo Hurt backs up at RT also.

I think Polumbus starts our training camp as the #1 RT on the depth chart. If he wins out the position, which isn't unlikely, I think Trueblood and Pashos duke it out for the backup job, the loser being cut. I hope Compton is ready to backup Trent this year because outside of him, we have no other natural left tackles left on the roster.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I'd be surprised if Shanahan's baby (Polumbus) and Forester's baby (Pashos) are cut, unless they truly, truly look horrible out threre and Trueblood looks a lot, lot better. NO doubt, I think that Compton is the future at RT, but I think currenlty, they have him just as a reserve who is learning both sides as a swing tackle.

Mo Hurt is an interesting case. I honestly can see him playing anywhere on the line if we absolutely needed him to. Although, currenlty, he's not starter quality, I did read a scout say that when we took him in round 7 he would be a steal. It would not suprise him one bit if he developed to the point where he did win the starting RT job. It's a bit far fetched, but it's not impossible.

I guess, I could say the same for Compton as I just said for Hurt verbatim. I think Adam Gettis' only shot at making the 53 man roster would be if Hurt won the starting RT job and then we needed an extra guard.

I looked at nfl.com and they have Hurt being our reserve at LT last season to end the year and Compton to be our reserve at RT to end the year. I figured it would be reversed, but who knows at this point. Confused Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: