Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The offensive line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: The offensive line Reply with quote

I hate to say it but looking at the roster I think potentially the greatest weakness to this team right now is the offensive line. WR has players, the secondary has plenty of competition with guys in their prime. But the offensive line is of huge concern to me right now.

We are basically banking that Gross can grind out at least one more year of decent to good tackle play. Banking on Kalil coming back and returning to form. Expecting Silatoulu(who I think will be really good) to make bigger strides.

Hangarter sucks. We know what we have in Bell and he is all round decent. Kugbila has the tools be great but I have a feeling he's going to get thrown into the fire before he's ready.

Bruce Campbell, the back up of legend, that we all hope one day can play LT because of his insane athletic tools hasn't started. And he also hasn't produced a sample size big enough for us to judge him on.

I just feel like this o-line is riding on too much hope. I hope we are in play for Brandon Moore or can pick up some decent guys that cut in TC.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensive line is a concern. Amini Silatolu will progress in year 2. He shows signs of potential, but the transition to the NFL takes time. Ryan Kalil being healthy upgrades the interior, and the real question will be finding a Right Guard.

Gettleman had a tremendous first draft, fixing a glaring Defensive weakness. And at those points, there was no value on the offensive line. I don't think Moore is a good idea, I'd prefer a younger guy like Antoine Caldwell. Moore is a stopgap solution, and let's be hones there- The Panthers aren't winning a Super Bowl in 2013.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is still options at OG with siltulo and the guy we just drafted. but at OT we have no options or depth so this will be an area of concern this season. Gross is solid but getting older and RT is a ?

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Punisher1380

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt Mind seeing Bruce Campbell get some PT... But right now i think its best to run with Gross, Silatolu, Khalil, Kugbila, Bell/Campbell
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think how the offensive line performs will depend on the playcalling. If we try to be some finesse offense, they will look bad. If we rely more on playaction, then I think they'll look great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: