Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
He's not as quick but he is as fast.

And he's a far better overall reciever.

I'm not disagreeing that he's a better overall WR but he's not as quick or as fast.

He's fast but he's not Tavon Austin fast.

DEE RAWL wrote:
Well Lee hasnt had a combine or pro day so clearly thats nearly impossible to provide evidence in that regard. He did time in the high 4.4s coming out of high school, but he plays much faster than that. He plays at 4.3 speed as does Austin. The only thing relevant to show that they might be in the same realm of speed and agility is YAC yardage. I know Austin led the nation with 947 and Lee was 2nd with im not sure exactly, but even then... They play against different defenses and run different routes and get put in different positions. Its just not really something you can easily prove.

We need to get ESPNs Sports Science lab on it... Sike

I'm not talking combine or pro day times. I mean plays with Lee showing Austin's quickness.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin is faster, but I think it's closer than jrry32 is making it seem. The biggest difference between the two is how fast Austin gets to full speed, and maintaining his speed in and out of his cuts. Austin does that on an elite level that I am not sure I have ever seen.

That said, if we get a top 5 pick from the Skins, and don't trade out, Lee would be a nice addition. Even though he isn't a great decision maker. Seeing as how he picked usc over UCLA. Laughing

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
JLaurinaitis_55

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity and off topic, but where are you guys getting your new sigs for our new draft picks

Welcome to St. Louis Robinson, Donald, Joyner, Gaines, Alexander, Mason, and Sam
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLaurinaitis_55 wrote:
Out of curiosity and off topic, but where are you guys getting your new sigs for our new draft picks

I just went to the Sig request thread/forum and someone did it for me.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Ramsfan22

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams could have traded the 30 overall pick to Minnesota for the 52 pick, 83 pick and 102 pick. Les Snead thought such a move would have sacrificed one of his core principles: going and getting players his team really, really wanted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/98847/kings-look-deep-inside-rams-draft-room
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan22 wrote:
The Rams could have traded the 30 overall pick to Minnesota for the 52 pick, 83 pick and 102 pick. Les Snead thought such a move would have sacrificed one of his core principles: going and getting players his team really, really wanted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/98847/kings-look-deep-inside-rams-draft-room

Read this.

This is the Peter King article Mike Sando references.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
vikes635

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realy Good Draft/offseason guys i Have you in the wildcard spot for my playoff predictions

you should win at least ten games and you probably had the best overall draft!

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes635 wrote:
Realy Good Draft/offseason guys i Have you in the wildcard spot for my playoff predictions

Thanks bud. Really liked your guys draft as well. If Ponder improves, and Patterson contributes this year, look out NFC.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
RamBill

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: More Peter King on Rams Draft from MMQB Reply with quote

Peter Kings' MMQB Rams Notes

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130506/rookie-minicamps-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2SU8XX9yD

**Turf monster. "I love the 'Turf,'' Tavon Austin told me with a smile last weekend. His first five NFL games, and nine of his first 11, will be on the fake stuff. I know everyone is waiting for him to get hurt, and I know they're bigger, faster, and stronger in the NFL, but remember Austin missed one practice and zero games due to injury in four years at West Virginia.

**Now that Dimitroff trade from 30 to 22 makes sense. Desmond Trufant's September foes as an Atlanta starting corner or nickel: Drew Brees, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill, Tom Brady.

**I did write in my SI piece (in the Jason Collins-cover issue, dated May 6) that the Rams had two fallback players if they didn't get Alec Ogletree late in round one. Those two players were UCLA defensive lineman Datone Jones and Kentucky guard Larry Warford. Now, they got Ogletree after trading down to 30 with Atlanta, so the point is moot. But here's what I think would have happened in different scenarios: After St. Louis traded to 30, if Ogletree were gone but Jones available, the Rams would have taken Jones at 30. If both were gone, I think they would have traded down at least once and maybe more. They would have strongly considered the Vikings' offer that New England ended up taking, figuring they likely could have gotten Warford with the two that Minnesota dealt to New England. And they had been in touch with the Ravens, who'd offered their fifth-round pick to move from 32 to 30.

**Many have said the Rams are going to have one of these risky high picks -- Janoris Jenkins, Alec Ogletree -- blow up on them, the way Pacman Jones and Albert Haynesworth blew up on Jeff Fisher in Tennessee. I didn't use it in the story for space reasons, but COO Kevin Demoff admitted to me that it was likely that one of these days they'd have an issue with one of the high-risk guys, and it was simply the cost of doing business when you take a talented player who has had issues.

**As I've done a couple of times when writing about the Rams, I want to be open about my relationships there. Kevin Demoff is the son of my agent, Marvin Demoff. Jeff Fisher has Marvin Demoff for an agent. I understand some of you would think I am giving favorable treatment to them, and it is human nature to think that. I try my best to be impartial. Many of you think I am not. I look at it this way: If my relationship with Kevin Demoff and Fisher helped me spend the first round inside the Rams' draft room -- and of course it didn't hurt -- then read the story and weigh whether it was worth it. I believe it was.

More happened in that round than in any of the other four draft rooms I've been in on past draft days, and I conveyed that in my story. The story, by the way, will be online by midweek this week. Otherwise, I'd encourage you to buy the mag. Lots of good stuff in there this week, including Pete Thamel's piece on traveling to India to write about an Indian basketball phenom. But I digress -- there are times I'm going to have to write about people I am closer to than others. It's something I think about when I do it, and I try to be vigilant to be as fair as possible. You will have to be the judge as to whether I accomplish that.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes635 wrote:

Thanks man it's fun being a Rams fan this year. Love what the Vikings did as well. Really glad they're not on the schedule this year. Wish you guys played SF this year so I could watch 26 abuse Craig Dahl again.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes635 wrote:

You guys had a good draft, got a lot of top talent with those 3 first round picks. I'm interested to see how much Patterson will be able to contribute as a WR this year.
vikes635

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
vikes635 wrote:

Thanks man it's fun being a Rams fan this year. Love what the Vikings did as well. Really glad they're not on the schedule this year. Wish you guys played SF this year so I could watch 26 abuse Craig Dahl again.

Lol i think you mean 28 and yeah but at least we will beat up on seatle for ya. Best of luck this season! C U in the playoffs Wink im excited to watch Bradfords progession with his new toys and Long anchoring the O'Line. My Fantasy Dark Horse

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes635 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
vikes635 wrote:

Lol i think you mean 28 and yeah but at least we will beat up on seatle for ya. Best of luck this season! C U in the playoffs Wink im excited to watch Bradfords progession with his new toys and Long anchoring the O'Line. My Fantasy Dark Horse

Hah! Yeah funny how you can typo a number you know well when you're watching a baseball game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88
Page 88 of 88

Jump to: