Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs 2013 NFL Draft (DRAFT + UDFA DISCUSSION HERE)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7568
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
means looked VERY slow in drills on day 2...not slow as in NT slow...but slow as in this guy is supposed to be a pass rushing specialist slow


Yeah bc rookie mini camp is very telling. Sheesh. The pads aren't even on. Who cares?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pvsports9


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 1062
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still want to see your draft picks perform relatively well though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7568
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
still want to see your draft picks perform relatively well though


Yeah so going full speed without pads risking unnecessary injuries in rookie camp ? Dude come on. Ronde barber looked lost as a rookie. How'd that turn out?

Over 8 teams brought him in for a visit. So he was draft able. If you're going judge his performance in rookie mini camp then that only shows much (little) you know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pvsports9


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 1062
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
still want to see your draft picks perform relatively well though


Yeah so going full speed without pads risking unnecessary injuries in rookie camp ? Dude come on. Ronde barber looked lost as a rookie. How'd that turn out?

Over 8 teams brought him in for a visit. So he was draft able. If you're going judge his performance in rookie mini camp then that only shows much (little) you know.


no offense...but a 5th round pick is certainly not a guaranteed spot on a roster so I'd be busting my [inappropriate/removed] at whatever camp I could...especially coming out of a small school like buffalo. My 2nd point would be that I didn't call him a bust...simply said I was expecting a little more speed from a guy donned a pass rushing specialist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7568
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
still want to see your draft picks perform relatively well though


Yeah so going full speed without pads risking unnecessary injuries in rookie camp ? Dude come on. Ronde barber looked lost as a rookie. How'd that turn out?

Over 8 teams brought him in for a visit. So he was draft able. If you're going judge his performance in rookie mini camp then that only shows much (little) you know.


no offense...but a 5th round pick is certainly not a guaranteed spot on a roster so I'd be busting my [inappropriate/removed] at whatever camp I could...especially coming out of a small school like buffalo. My 2nd point would be that I didn't call him a bust...simply said I was expecting a little more speed from a guy donned a pass rushing specialist


But again. Why risk injury in non padded contact? This means squat. When te pads come on is where you make evaluations. Right now, it's nothing. I mean these guys aren't under contract yet. Think about that one. .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3782
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of you have probably already seen most of these but I thought I would throw out a quick highlight tape for the players taken in the draft. Still looking for all our UDFA's but thought I would start with this.

Johnathan Banks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yBSnHOLvMQ

Mike Glennon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNNzGGcPIqI

Akeem Spence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN6Q7el6aGQ

William Gholston
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9-wzhaRYc

Steven Means
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuCT1N8NLo

Mike James
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7FDZmGvXzQ
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7568
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Buffalo switched coaches and went to a 3-4, as a 5 technique end Means was woefully undersized at the point of attack but still managed to become a team captain and contribute just under 20 sacks during his time at Buffalo. High motor, from a small school, and playing out of position in college thatís a trifecta for being a diamond in the rough. When you add in his athletic ability (4.6 40-yard dash and impressive 10 yard splits) Means could be an effective edge rusher. Given our blitzing schemes I would have hoped to see him train up as an outside linebacker who could also put his hand in the dirt on pass rushing downs but I think he still represents tremendous value in round 5. In fact if you look only at measurables he has the same speed and 20 yard shuttle times as number 3 overall pick Dion Jordan; Iím not saying they have the same ability but going 144 picks later Means represents great value.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/5/6/4301500/draft-phantoms-top-12-2013-draft-picks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1850
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Quote:
Buffalo switched coaches and went to a 3-4, as a 5 technique end Means was woefully undersized at the point of attack but still managed to become a team captain and contribute just under 20 sacks during his time at Buffalo. High motor, from a small school, and playing out of position in college thatís a trifecta for being a diamond in the rough. When you add in his athletic ability (4.6 40-yard dash and impressive 10 yard splits) Means could be an effective edge rusher. Given our blitzing schemes I would have hoped to see him train up as an outside linebacker who could also put his hand in the dirt on pass rushing downs but I think he still represents tremendous value in round 5. In fact if you look only at measurables he has the same speed and 20 yard shuttle times as number 3 overall pick Dion Jordan; Iím not saying they have the same ability but going 144 picks later Means represents great value.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/5/6/4301500/draft-phantoms-top-12-2013-draft-picks
Gholston also played the 5 technique at Michigan State as well. Both guys never really had the opportunity to go after it. Different technique to play in the NFL might make the most out these guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13617
Location: Montrťal
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty excited for Gholston, dude looks like he just has "it". I think we got a steal with him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1850
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I'm pretty excited for Gholston, dude looks like he just has "it". I think we got a steal with him.
I hope so. We desperately need somebody to step up behind Bowers/Clayborn. DTN was a horrible pass rusher last year and is not a #3 DE material.

Starting 13 games and rushing the passer 405 times only to come up with 4 sacks. Bowers played 3/4 less of snaps and matched that production.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ABucNBradenton


Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 618
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
I'm pretty excited for Gholston, dude looks like he just has "it". I think we got a steal with him.
I hope so. We desperately need somebody to step up behind Bowers/Clayborn. DTN was a horrible pass rusher last year and is not a #3 DE material.

Starting 13 games and rushing the passer 405 times only to come up with 4 sacks. Bowers played 3/4 less of snaps and matched that production.


My hidden gem along the line is Aaron Morgan. If he can put on some more weight and stay healthy he could be a nice contribution to the DE rotation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71
Page 71 of 71

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group