Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titan's fans, tell me about Kenny Britt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Titan's fans, tell me about Kenny Britt. Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm playing a BIG money keeper fantasy league and was wanting to get some info on K.Britt. I'm thinking about taking him because all the good wr's are gone and he imo still has dynamic player potential and is very young. I know he has all kinds of issues with health and off the field but from what I read he is healthy and out of trouble. My question basically do you the fans of the team who have him think he will start and be productive this yr and into the future. Or will J.Hunter and K.Wright be the future?

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, it's a very difficult question to answer. There is a lot of guarded optimism when it comes to Kenny, but he's a significant risk in a keeper league.

Reports coming out of the first minicamp were overwhelmingly positive, and usually players get closer to 100% during the second year coming off of an ACL. The talent is there, and he will be our #1 receiver entering the regular season, so the potential for big numbers certainly exists, as the last time he was fully healthy he looked like he was on the verge into breaking out in a huge way prior to the knee.

As for his future beyond this year, I think, in an ideal world, Britt would be the #1, Hunter the #2 and we would keep Kendall in the slot.

So basically, I'm well aware that I have said a decent amount without actually saying anything (Laughing), but that's pretty much all we can do at this point. Once training camp and the preseason gets under way, we'll have a better feel for where his confidence in his knee is at, but until then, it is all guesswork.
Niznag74

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is going into the season as the #1 guy, but you have to keep in mind Wright in the 1st last year and now the move up for Hunter this year could mean this is the last year for Britt in Tenn. Even if he blows up this year they would be smart to just tag him and make him do it again instead of paying a big contract. If it was me, I wouldn't go Britt in a keeper league. We have 3 young good WRs that are all going to get looks and time. Its not like CJ with not much next to him, Wright played really good in a rookie season and should keep doing better. Then you have Hunter that will be down field a lot. Britt will have good numbers, but it wont be top 10 numbers.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niznag74 wrote:
He is going into the season as the #1 guy, but you have to keep in mind Wright in the 1st last year and now the move up for Hunter this year could mean this is the last year for Britt in Tenn. Even if he blows up this year they would be smart to just tag him and make him do it again instead of paying a big contract. If it was me, I wouldn't go Britt in a keeper league. We have 3 young good WRs that are all going to get looks and time. Its not like CJ with not much next to him, Wright played really good in a rookie season and should keep doing better. Then you have Hunter that will be down field a lot. Britt will have good numbers, but it wont be top 10 numbers.

So would you say it would be wise to pass on Britt now and target Wright or Hunter later on in the draft? I'm currently in round 8 of a 12 man franchise draft.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Niznag74

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
Niznag74 wrote:

So would you say it would be wise to pass on Britt now and target Wright or Hunter later on in the draft? I'm currently in round 8 of a 12 man franchise draft.

I'm not really sure what I would do with Tenn WRs this year. Britt will get the most targets, but the future is up in the air. He could get hurt again(happens alot with him) or in trouble and miss games. I like Wright alot, but between him and Hunter I see Hunter making more of a impact long term for a keeper. If we are smart we will use him like Wallace was in his rookie year and send him deep alot.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a place for Kenny on a keeper league fantasy team. The trouble is we don't really know who else is available so it's hard to recommend taking Britt. There is a ton of risk because of his past. I'm at the point where I just don't trust him to stay out of police cars anymore. But he does have the talent to put up some monster numbers if he can finally get his head together.

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: